It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindi Lauper currently in Japan doing Concerts. Is it safe??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've been curious since the earthquake struck if any bands/musicians/singers were in Japan or scheduled to perform at the time and why they didn't get any coverage if they were?
Well it seems that Cindi Lauper has been in Japan since the Earthquake struck and did 2 concerts over the last 2 nights. She did 2 nights in Osaka. Is that far enough away to be safe?
It's great that she wants to help the Japanese out but I'm wondering after the strong urging of the governments to leave that it appears some are still remaining...

Sorry I don't have a better site than Perez Hilton but I guess that's showbiz for you...

perezhilton.com...

Also here is a list of artists who have either cancelled and/or still are booked in to perform in April in Tokyo.
An Australian artist has been booked in for 2 concerts at the end of April in Tokyo. Is there any way it will be safe by then?? I personally can't believe that right at this moment she hasn't cancelled.
Is that being overly optimistic that things will be fine by the end of April or is it crazy???

www.timeout.jp...

Does anyone know of any other entertainers etc who were in Japan when this all started or who are due to do appearances and concerts there?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No I don't think it's safe to listen to Cindi Lauper anymore.

Seriously though, I would think it's relatively safe for people to be 50 miles from the reactor (based upon general info I've read). On most days the wind currents blow out to sea.

edit on 22-3-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm sure she is a humanitarian like all of us and as the article says she is donating her proceeds to Japan's disaster fund.
Is it safe, doubt she would expose herself and her crew to something that they all felt was unacceptable...More power to Ms. Lauper and her crew for giving help...at least they are able to do more than talk about what they would do and are following through.

Thanks for posting the link...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I totally agree that Cindi is very brave and courageous and generous to be doing this.
I only hope that she has got truthful information that she has based her decision to stay on.
It's just a bit jarring I guess to read all the news about the nuclear crisis there and to find there are artists doing concerts in different parts of Japan...I don't know...It's just strange.
And I can't really explain why I feel that way.

No probs on the link. I know Perez isn't everyones cup of tea, hence the warning!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I guess I could've worded the title of the thread better.

I noticed from the TimeOut Tokyo link that there are still Japanese bands and artists gigging on around Tokyo.
Its good to see I guess in times like this that music can bring some joy to people.

(Sorry I don't know how to do the double quote thing in one post. I'll have to read up on how to do it.)

For those who don't want to visit Perez's site...

Pop star Cyndi Lauper is helping Japan's disaster relief that only way she knows how: Singing!

With concerts scheduled for tonight and tomorrow in Osaka while touring Japan to promote her new Memphis Blues album, she plans on doing radio and TV charity events before each show.

On top of donating ALL her Memphis Blues royalties earned in Japan to the Japanese Red Cross, she will be collecting money from fans to donate, and has even recorded a ringtone to sell in Japan with 100% of the proceeds going to help victims of the disaster.

Perhaps the singer feels so close to this disaster because she was THERE during the earthquake! Despite being urged to leave, they didn't feel they were in imminent danger so they elected to stay and offer support through music.

perezhilton.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
*taps mic*

Ahem. Indeed. Haven't these people suffered enough?

*ducks* Sorry, sorry. I don't even have a problem with her, I just had to do the line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

That gave me a chuckle.

Thanks for that.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Fake Four Inc live from Japan

new topics

top topics

join