It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Bush will get Elected again...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hold on... he wasn't elected the first time. What I should of asked is do you think that Bush will STEAL the election again and if he does will the people of the United States stand for it?

The way I look at it is that if you didn't live in florida you vote didn't count. Plus we only have two political parties so when you do vote your picking the lesser of two evils. I think that this time i'm going to vote for the green party. The reason being is because they need a certian amount of votes in order to get federal funding.

I know that the democrats are going to have a field day bashing Bush in this next election.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
we could pick a good President. The political party is totally the work of the New World Order conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bush won fairly the first time and he will win again. The people voted and your Gore lost. The majority like what he is doing know and the encomoy is going up again. He'll get my vote.

I mean who would you rather a conservaitv who is trying to rid the world of terroism or a liberal looney who wants to help the people have civil rigths instead of ridding the world of terror?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Bush won fairly the first time and he will win again.
Actually, that's not true...The *official* voting counts were not *finalized* until after the Feds stepped in and *appointed* him into the Office.

I never voted for Bush...I never voted for Gore either. My vote was for "No Confidence", so I can honestly say that whatever the government does, I can say that they're doing it "Not in my name".

Abraham is right...It's the 2-party system that they use to keep Americans divided so that we can be conquered. This country needs a unilateral support of the citizens, by the citizens & for the citizens to get us back on track.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As I've said time and again, my vote goes to Alan Keyes, the only candidate that has ever shown an actual understanding of the constitution and the republican form of government.

He'll never be elected, not only because of the above stated reason, but also because he is black. Forgive my pessimism, but I prefer to think of it as recognizing the reality of the day.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Powell could win.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
but for the obvious reasons Powell didn't want to run for president. Assassination ......

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Bush won fairly the first time and he will win again. The people voted and your Gore lost. The majority like what he is doing know and the encomoy is going up again. He'll get my vote.

I mean who would you rather a conservaitv who is trying to rid the world of terroism or a liberal looney who wants to help the people have civil rigths instead of ridding the world of terror?

He caused the terror!!!!!!! Funded Al-queda when the russians were fighting them in the late 70's early 80's and put Saddam political party into power during the Cold War. Wake up!!!!!!!!!

www.pa56.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Abtract, you are a little askew in your rationale, I think.

You needn't go so far back to see why we've been attacked. The last administration's lack of international policy, gutting of the military and intelligence agencies, blowing up aspirin factories and tents in the desert to smokescreen personal indecrestions and giving us a weak appearance did more to further terrorism than aiding a culture who was fighting against the spread of the Soviet Empire.
It is true that the struggle against Soviet expansionism has had its unfortunate repercussions, but that does not excuse the behavior of those we aided, nor does that hindsight demonstrate any acute insight.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i'm not excusing them. I'm just saying that America has been sticking it nose in places that it dosen't belong. And look at what is happening. The wold is going to hell. N.Korea might attack us in days. Are u ready for the draft...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why do you think there'd be a draft? Besides, I didn't get drafted, I served my time and then some, and it was voluntary. I joined the Army becasue we had an ominous enemy, the Soviet Union.
We stuck our nose where it didn't belong? Easy enough for you to say that now after we were successful in stopping the Soviet expansionism. Had we not done that, had we left them to their desire to devour the world, you'd be singing the tune of "Why didn't you guys do something about it back then?" You ignore the success and only complain about the unfortunate byproduct, and at the same time refure to point one spindly finger at the ones that are at the bottom of the threats and oppression and tyrany throughout the world.
Your only concern seems to be having to defend your nation, a concern for which I have little sympathy or respect. And your reasoning for this fear is possible nuclear war with North Korea. That makes little to no sense. How many soldiers do you think it takes to launch special weaponry?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i'd put the pope as a write-in. i don't like voting but i won't be indifferent. i'll put in someone i like.

but bush pisses me off. we don't need a pretzel chokin redneck, who gets are people killed needlessly as a pres. bush has merely got us embattled in places where tough democracy would work better than force. however, i would also say that iraq also happened a lot because of saddams incompetance. i agree with the war now cos he wouldn't get out, it's his funeral either way

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Explain, please, the term "tough democracy", how we could have used more non-force pressure without causing undue suffering to the Iraqi people and still protected our own people from the weapons that would have made it to our shores? I still wonder if some might already have gotten out of that country and into our own. Time will tell on that, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i really dont think the most hated man in the world has (even its not his fault) any chance of being reelected.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross i would also say that iraq also happened a lot because of saddams incompetance.

I wouldn't quite agree with that...He may be a twisted, maniacal oppressively violent paranoiac that likes to play "hide the WMD"...But he was *very* competent at doing it.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

He caused the terror!!!!!!! Funded Al-queda when the russians were fighting them in the late 70's early 80's and put Saddam political party into power during the Cold War. Wake up!!!!!!!!!

www.pa56.org...

Another liberal ranting on and on and on. Listen, dont act liek for example Clinton is God, and Bush is Satan. You must seem to forget Clinton had to chance to have Osama bin Laden twice during his term, plus Mr. Bill lowered the millitary's funding. Thats why we're f*cked up.

[Edited on 3-24-2003 by JediMaster]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't ever remember saying that I supported Clinton. I guess since I�m black it's automatic that I�m a Clinton supporter huh

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh my GOSH!! You're black!?!

There goes the neighborhood!

I like your sense of humor. You use it as a teaching aid quite often, don't you? Very effective.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanx Thomas Crowne it seems that sarcasim can be very effective at times.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Too early to say: I guess that if we'd been asking this, at about this stage in events, 11 years ago we'd all have thought Bush p�re a shoe-in.
If the Republicans win, I anticipate seeing Bush there. However, it looks as though it may be that the real question is whether the Dems will lose: they have a habit of falling apart internally: annd while America's economy is in a parlous state and may again be the real issue it's hard to see how Dem policy could be portrayed as effective to the electorate: I think Slick Willie used up all the credit last time around.
I also anticipate a continued decline in voter turn-out (and that largely helps the Rep's)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join