It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Time is Man made, and not real then ...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

WOW so much to talk about.

Time is a sensation we have, where it comes from I do not know and where it is going I know not where – who said that? well me just now and I don’t even know why. Stupid but its true we don’t know anything about it. We don’t know if it existed before the big bang (which I don’t believe by the way) I like to think its always been there. But then it could be an illusion.

Time I think makes more sense if its been created as part of a complex reality.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MyPathManifests

Great post, I too have had an experience with salvia, which has opened my eyes, well not only my eyes but my inner core, my being, who i am. I realize that "time" is just an experience that is created in our own reality for the physical body to experience, so therefore time does exist ti a point for me, because i am in this physical form. Subjects like these could keep me up all night, and most likely will ugh..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

We sense the passage of time because of entropy...things break down and change, we perceive them...simples

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Time exists, man divided it up into hours and minutes, but it exists never the less.

The idea of past- present- future co-existing is real...it just depends on where you are along the time stream.

Analogy time, boys and girls.

Think of time as a river...ever been white water rafting? You begin upriver...say a class 3 run.... you put in and start down river...suddenly you hear the rumblings and roar and you are in the class 4 part of the river. Now the class 3 section is still back there... but you are not....and up ahead is the class 5 section...but you are still in the class 4 section of river. All three exists...all at the same time. What is different is where you are along the river.

That is life and that is time. You put in the river of life, ride it...smooth sections, rough sections, sometimes we spill and have to swim and get back in the raft, sometime we pull over and picnic....then we get back in and raft...then at some point...it is time to get out of the river and go home. Some go home...some go back to the beginning and ride again.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
To begin lets take a look at the science of Time. I have provided a link to a science website that will hopefully help to understand exactly what is been discussed here.

Time explained

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

if you are at part 4 of your river...
How can you be so sure that part 3 and 5 exist when you arent there to observe it? You assume they exist, because your brain tells you they are real...
but that's just assumption, just as your perspective of past and future is assumption because you where told it is this way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I have developed the ultimate way to prove time exists:

Wave your arm.

If time didn't exist, would your arm not be in all of the locations it would move through to wave all at once..?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

SOBER= Son Of a Bitch Everything's Real (Gary Busey)

try that, that's reality, not salvia

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iheartprplkoolaid

Time is simply a measurement of decay based on numerical values to divide a day up into larger and smaller increments.

I guess based on your train of thought it could be said that size is the mans way of keeping us in line by conditioning our physical traits based on a regular diet of what is deemed "Healthy"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

according to quantum mechanics there can never be such a thing as a true "void". there are always quantum fluctuations that will happen, particles will blink in and out of existence, etc...
edit on 21-3-2011 by careface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Personally, I believe all things exist at once, we simply don't have the vantage point of seeing it that way physically. This often leads to phrases such as "time line" where time is pictured as being from point a to point b. What if there is more to it though, another dimension to time itself? when we are would be a not just a spot on a line but a depth and a height as well, so to speak, tracking where the specific sub atomic particles that make us us move and change and decay. Also, being free from the "line" lets us choose our own paths through time.
It is hard to explain as it is an idea in the works and by no means a finished theory... Hope it at least gives someone somewhere something to think about.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
If Time is Man made, and not real then does that mean that the past, present , and future also don't really exist, or that they all exist at the same "time" or during the same existence ?

Yes. All potentialities would exist simultaneously. An eternal NOW.

A simple way to think about it is like a roll of film. The entire movie is all there. But the "processor" (the projector) runs it through frame by frame. It gives the illusion of movement, and progression through time. So, in the analogy, the human brain is the projector. It forces frames to run through in what appears to us to be linear time, and it also excludes many potentials for one "story line."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian

SOBER= Son Of a Bitch Everything's Real (Gary Busey)

try that, that's reality, not salvia

So you suppose living in a western culture full of degenerative stimuli so readily available, that the real journey is proven not by what we experience, but what we refuse to. Its the "sober" lifestyle that places you in a rut, and never lets you back out. Im not saying be ever indulgent, but to use discretion as to which substances would enlighten you in a healthy, natural way. Homeopathic medicine for the mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think time is mans observation of change, we observe that the sun rises and sets and to grasp this concept we create the concept of time to make sence of what is happening in between. I think..

That being said, there are so many natural measurements of time that it may just be more than a man made concept to measure change, as they are all quite coincedental. One tree ring grows in exactly a year, theres some sort of bone in fish that has rings on it to determine the amount of years it has been alive for. The moon which has a cycle of 28 days is relative to the female menstural cycle bla bla bla

Everything i said probably made absolutely no sence. Its 12am so give me some credit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Really interessting thing. Time/Space... I will try to explain something. What you see with your eyes are electrical signals that are converted into images by your brain. What you really see are electric particles moving in spiral. This is why everybody has their own reality. Your brain is an energy emitter and receiver. As we all know, everything is energy, your brain converts the energy aquired by your 5 senses into a 3D element for you to understand.

Then we can say that time is fake. But we can also say time is real. please understand this: Everything is energy. Energy are waves. Waves vibrates at a certain frequency, your brain interprete those frequency and convert it. A table is pure energy at the lowest level. All waves vibrating at different frequencies under the earth magnetic field holding the particles of waves together making the table for you to see, to touch, to taste, to smell to hear. (but this is all your brain converting that).

now let's go back at the waves vibrating at a different frequencies. a vibration of a particle multiplied by a number will get close to a milli seconds. (a frequency)... so basically everything is time within a space.

What is a frequency? as per wikipedia is: Frequency is the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit time. It is also referred to as temporal frequency. The period is the duration of one cycle in a repeating event, so the period is the reciprocal of the frequency.

If everything is energy it means that everything vibrates, it means everything as a time/space under the same EMF(earth magnetic field). So time exist?

Thank you for reading.

reply to post by typwar

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Time in the manner of clocks and timezones are manmade.

Time as a whole concerning past present and future is just Law.

Not being rude, thats just how it is man.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think it is time to take a nap.

There has always been time. I think that it is in one's perspective(what planet or spaceship you are on) that changes. The universe is really big
Naturally it takes time to expand and traverse(or measure how long) the great distances.

I don't know man, I am tired

top topics

<< 1   >>

join