It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I have always felt bashing someone for showng their fatih is as bad as someone imposing their faith upon the non/anti religious.

I will never understand why people from both sides do either of those, Is it such a problem that someone shares their opinion with us, even if it does have to do with religion?

Seems like theories from all angles would be welcomed when trying to identify an unknown phenomena.

Also, the rumble stopped here just around sunrise, but did last all night, from when I first noticed it.

Seems like this is occurring at or very near the appalachian mountains. Also seems like the same general area where compasses were showing true north as being due east, only off by a couple degrees to the east and in some instances true north was showing dead on accurate to due east.

Anyone know much about low pass sound waves? Do they generally seem to be unable to identify their origin, because of the low frequency scatter. High pitch sounds are much more directional and are much easier to identify their origin.

So, does anyone know what would cause a low frequency pattern, that covers many miles, and lasts for hours?

Seems like a logical place to start. Maybe we can get an answer through deduction.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'll just throw this out there.

Back in October last year (2010) It was around 7pm in the evening and i was just getting my kids out the bath when we heard a loud rumbling. Sort of like a low flying helicopter. But my kids got really freaked out by it and started crying. I told them not to worry its ok, just a plane or helicopter!

Then when in the bedroom getting them dressed it happened again, but this time i could feel the bed vibrating. I looked out the window and nothing in the sky, it was a clear night aswell.

Then it happened a third time!! So i ran downstairs and into the back garden to get a look and nothing. It was so loud, like a huge jet engine overhead!!

Each burst of sound had a duration of about 3 to 4 minutes and made things shake. Very scary to say the least. I even called my friend on the second burst and she could hear it down the phone!! And i even checked to see if it was an earthquake.

I haven't heard it since then. But it really did shake my kids up and there never like that with a plane going over or helicopter. I live about 4 miles from an airport and i do have planes go over but there very high up. Who knows what it could have been??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Not trying to ride you or call you out, just wanted to mention you had already mentioned this in this thread, just a few posts above your 2nd post on pg2

you might have been wanting to add it to another thread, maybe got the two mixed up? Anyway, just a heads up

Very strange, the rumble had begun here again. This is going to drive me crazy trying to figure it out. I might get in the car and start driving.... wonder what is at the end of the rainbow?
edit on 21-3-2011 by esteay812 because: needed to add extra info

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

You know, it sounds like a helicopter that is close over head, but without the blade chopping effect.

Maybe Sharper Image has come out with a bladed helicopter... and they are testing their invisibility cloak!!

Really though - and I am not trying to fear monger here, but - we always seems to learn about new technology when serious warring is going on. It is common knowledge that war puts technological and industrial advancement on steroids.

Maybe - and I hope not!, one of our enemies has mastered invisibility and they are placing their new heli's strategically around the country. Or, maybe it is our own government doing this. Maybe for testing/practice or maybe to be in place to implement Martial Law.

Maybe it is alien space craft positioning themselves, like in Independence day!!

Maybe it is a massive system of Static Thunder/Lightning, I believe sometimes known as 'dry lightning' or 'heat lightning'

Just brainstorming a bit

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland , approx 20 miles from the Atlantic Ocean . On March 9 or 10th , 2011 , at approx. 7:30 pm , my husband and I heard what sounded like an airplane flying overhead ...it started out loud and ended loud...there was never the low sound that we hear when it is approaching or leaving . I did not give it more thought until I saw the video from Florida ...what we heard sounded exactly the same !!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Heard it Jersey not too long ago. Haven't heard it since.

North NJ, Loud Rumblings (3/10/11)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I heard something similar a couple of months ago, end of January. I thought it was a plane at 1st but it was just a bit too high pitched and the sound lasted for about 20 minutes with no difference (never sounded closer or further away). There was never any shaking with this.

After about 20 minutes I looked outside and there was a blue flash that I can only describe as ball lightning or plasma...I've been watching thunderstorms and lightning all my life and this for sure wasn't normal lighting. After the flash the noise stopped (no thunder clap anytime after). Then about 30 minutes later it started again for about another 20 minutes follwed by another odd flash then it was over. Nothing like it since. I'm in Boston, MA.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It is the trumpet of Israfel the angel who signals the destruction of earth according to Islam.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am in San Diego and definitely heard it last night during a torrential downpour. I jumped up, saying, "Oh, cr@p!", ran to the door and opened it up to get a better listen. It is, not unheard of for water spouts to make landfall here, and on very rare occasion there is a weak tornado, and that's what I thought I was hearing.

So I opened the door and listened. It sounded EXACTLY like the Floria recording.

We live near a military base, and it is not unusual to hear jets taking off and landing when the conditions are right. But this was a sustained sound, and could not possibly have been a takeoff or landing. I was seriously thinking it must be a vortex (except there wasn't much wind) when it stopped, abruptly. That lasted about five seconds and then it started up again at full volume. It continued starting and stopping over and over, at full volume, for about ten minutes. Again I stress I hear takeoffs and landings of all manner of aircraft all the time and this was completely unlike the usual sounds coming from the base.

I have heard this exact same sound, with the exact same pattern, during the day in bright sunlight, several months ago. At the time it didn't alarm me because on a bright sunny day my first thought was not "tornado". I figured they must be testing the engines of some aircraft on the ground. Do they do that? What does it sound like? I will have to hunt around for YouTube videos or sound files to see what I can find.

Last night, I was so concerned I even posted about it on facebook and several of my friends posted that they had heard it, too. They all assumed it was military operations at the base. Nevertheless, it was very strange. Sounded nothing like any aircraft I have ever heard, and I have lived here near this very active base (formerly of Top Gun fame) for twenty years.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Yes, I remember that because I had heard it the day before in NE Ohio. What I heard was not that loud though. I have to be honest, that sound on the video in the OP is creepy as hell and kind of worries me for some reason. Very ominous sounding.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents, for what it's worth...

I woke up the other night, I think it was a little after 4 a.m., to my dog barking like crazy. She was just standing in the living room, barking and barking, non-stop. I could hear a definite rumbling, low and deep, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. It sounded a bit like a very large jet, so I went outside to see if it was visible, but I could not see anything. I kept expecting it to get fainter as it moved away, but it was constant, just went on and on, for at least half an hour (I went back to sleep eventually, so I'm not sure how long it actually lasted). I had a hard time trying to get my dog to calm down, as the sound just kept going.

I live on Hawai'i, no factories or large industries anywhere near me, no large cities, very low population density. Occasionally military jets will fly over, and they can be loud, but the sound gets fainter as they move away. Like I said, this was continuous. I have no idea what it was.
edit on 21-3-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)
I had exactly the same experience a month or two ago. I had even sent a pm to another ATS member about it. My husband figured it probably was military jets flying high above cloud cover. There was ONE day where in fact we knew from local news accounts that the noise was planes. Military jets were doing a lot of activity relating to something going on in Washington DC. But that would only account for two, maybe three days, tops. The stuff I heard went on for at least a couple of weeks. It still recurs from time to time, under bright clear skies and not a plane in sight to explain it all. But I can't discount the possibility of planes due to the fact that when the cause was planes according to my husband, I didn't see any planes then, either. At that time there was just enough cloud cover or it would be too dark when I would go out to investigate.

As you said, with jets, the sound normally gets fainter and goes away but this noise I'm talking about, that plagued my location, lingers and seems to pulse. I'm in Maryland. Since moving to this neighborhood I've experienced all kinds of weird stuff I never experienced before, like a Taos Hum kind of noise one year, and other odd low frequency sounds. I get really strange spells of vertigo, too. Never had that issue anywhere else. Supposedly there's some sort of underground govt. installation around town. But it is not near my house, as far as I know. It's all a mystery to me. I wish I could afford to move. It's a lovely neighborhood and a pretty house but life has taken a turn for the strange since I bought this house. And that's saying something, given that I grew up in a spooky old decrepit house that was under the flight path of an air force base. This house isn't spooky. Just "off" in a way I can't put my finger on.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have figured t out!!

It is obviously... vuvuzelas!!

really though, I still haven't found a good explanation, outside of airplanes, etc

I am not sure if anyone has been close to being right yet.

Hopefully we can keep digging and get to the bottom of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I guess I should have my coffee before I start posting in the morning!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks to all for these responses. I'll try to log in this evening after work to respond.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I just noticed this post today, I didn't read through just yet, but I wanted to post my experience. I live in southern NH and I heard a sound the other day but I didn't tell anyone about it, but I feel this might be the right thread to post. Anyways...

The other night I was sitting outside and I heard the strangest sound. In fact, I hear strange sounds sometimes that don't rumble, but are still noteworthy, I think. This sound started out a almost like fireworks being set off, BUT there was no pop after the first sound and then I heard what sounded like the fireworks that sparkle and make a lot of noise. This happened many times and i could actually tell it was going from one area to the other and it happened many times while I was outside. I am sorry if I cannot explain this any better, but it's the only thing I can relate the sound to.

I have no clue what it was and i could tell it was starting in the SE and ended in the west somewhere.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I've been following these threads on ats,the sounds are much like the ones I hear in S.C(coast)I live across from the Marine Corps air station and I'm used to the sounds of the jet engines these sounds are a lot alike but it doesn't make sense if people are hearing these sounds with no bases around definitley has my curiosity.Whatever it is it has to be connected to the earthquakes and animals deaths that are occuring,I really don't have a good feeling about any of it....what the he!! is going on people??
strange times indeed!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

Hah. Just because people look at you funny when you ask for a pop, instead of Pepsi or a soda, doesn't make you a bad person...unless you don't say soda, in which case I have you beat.

Either way, you should totally just keep an ear out over the next few days and see if what you heard is a constant - if you don't hear it again, you'll at least know it was something different from the norm.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I live on the mid-coast in Maine and have heard the same noises. i live next to a small airport so at first i didnt think much about it but then i noticed the sound was different then most of the jets coming and going, and i saw nothing in the sky. There was a thread on ats last year about somthing similar to this...(cant find it right now, ) the guy said it almost sounded like a big rig in the sky. Anyway one person on that thread gave the excuse of VLF/ELF waves.

"Natural sources of electromagnetic perceptionFor centuries, humans have reported hearing unexplained noises in conjunction with meteors including "thunder-like sounds" at the scene of the Tunguska event on June 30, 1908. Astronomer Edmund Halley collected several such accounts after a widely-observed meteor burned up in the sky over England[4]. The Leonids meteor shower in November 2001 also led to many reports of observers hearing crackling or fizzing noises.[5] Similar observations have been reported by soldiers near the site of nuclear explosions.

Colin Keay, a physicist at the University of Newcastle in Australia, has advanced a hypothesis that purports to explain these phenomena. According to Keay's theory, meteor trails give off very low frequency (VLF) radio signals that the human ear cannot sense directly but are heard because a transducer on the ground must be converting the radio waves into sound waves. He has produced experiments that demonstrate that materials as commonplace as aluminum foil, thin wires, pine needles, and wire-framed glasses can act as suitable transducers.

Powerful VLF waves can induce physical vibrations in these objects, which are transmitted to the air as sound waves. Keay defines the field of geophysical electrophonics as "the production of audible noises of various kinds through direct conversion by transduction of very low frequency electromagnetic energy generated by a number of geophysical phenomena."[6] Some scientists state that electrophonic effects may also be caused by lightning strikes, very bright auroras[1], and earthquakes.[citation needed]

Electroreception has also been studied in the animal world. Ritz et al., in Biophysical Journal,[7] hypothesize that transduction of the Earth's geomagnetic field is responsible for the magnetoreception systems of birds. Specifically, they propose that this transduction may take place in a class of photoreceptors known as cryptochromes."

en.wikipedia.org...

This should help explain it better....I dont think that this is a very good reasoning for it but its a start.
edit on 21-3-2011 by joeshsamp because: needed qoutes

link   
Heard/felt something similar back in january, my garden backs onto a small air field, used by police, navy etc, at first I thought it was due to a flight, but no lights, I can see the approach for the runway through my bedroom window. Im on the solent uk, have lots of naval bases here, closest airports are southampton, 15 miles? never hear anything from there, gatwick, 50 miles in opposite direction, can watch the planes stack up from my garden, but again, no sound.

will keep an ear open and note down anything here if I hear it again

link   
I haven't gone through all pages yet but at least one of the videos is from 2 years ago, I don't see how it's ok to act like it's something new and cropping up all over when it's something that's been happening for 2+ years at least .. I'll throw mine out there, and it's from MUCH longer ago... We had something exactly like that happening in SW Ohio and it got the news involved, we live near an airforce base and it was not a plane .. the amusing thing is we called the base to complain and despite the fact you could hear the noise on their end THROUGH THE PHONE they claimed they hadn't heard anything and that there had been no complaints.

This was about 12 years ago..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join