It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police raid uncovers double-barrelled shotgun fitted into body of hollowed-out electric guitar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Police discovered the potentially lethal weapon after an anonymous tip-off about a horde of unlicensed firearms in Luleå, northern Sweden.

A 54-year-old man war arrested after a raid at his house uncovered a sawn-off shotgun, a home made sub-machine gun, a Mauser rifle, two revolvers and a walking stick adapted to shoot like a rifle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ee85d0d94c8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/133e216b2138.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Awesome,thats some truss rod on that thing,im no expert on crafting guitars,attempted it once when i was younger,was going really well till i fitted the neck and realised it bent back a bit and the strings would just buzz off most of the frets, lol

Anyway have you guys seen anything like this before,weapons concealed in everyday objects or instruments,i did a search and came across various swords fashioned out of walking sticks for sale but nothing like this!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Years ago I took a tour of the FBI building in DC. They had a display of odd confiscated guns with several "concealed" type, including a shotgun in a walking stick. People get very creative when it comes to things like that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Wow,yeah i bet their is loads of weapons like these out there!

Just found this on youtube:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LOL "Gets nasty, get down to business!"

I love that FMG-9.

I'm not sure of the legality of it for civilians, considering the barrel is too short to be a rifle, and it can't be a pistol because it has a stock, I wonder if it could be considered a SBR or AOW to allow civilian ownership? Obviously if you use a Glock18 for it you would also need to have a FFL or CIII permit, but damn I want that thing!

I also saw quite a few cool ones on the History channel before, like the ring and watch guns:

www.hightech-edge.com...

techtreak.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Interestingly, of all the weapons out there, the 12 gauge shotgun is the easiest to make from scratch. Requires no rifling, just a thick enough tube, a chamber for the shells, a simple trigger system and something to act as a receiver and you have a shotgun.

Firearms of any type can be concealed. However, the simplicity of a shotgun makes it among the easiest to do so with.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ha ha ha, the title of the article is "Death Metal". And since I need a second line, this isn't exactly a weapon "concealed" in an ordinary object (like a tommy-gun inside a violin case), it's more of a purpose built device, and judging from the pics, one device I wouldn't be anywhere near during it's test-firing, as it looks like it might just explode.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He could have legally made it with the 1st tube holding 3000psi, 2nd tube firing the projectile. Would get atleast 5 shots off with pretty high pressures.

Big bore air guns...it's a Korean thang.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It sounds like a prop for the next Antonio Banderas Desperado movie sequel.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It sounds like a prop for the next Antonio Banderas Desperado movie sequel.

I just came in to make a mariachi joke.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I never understood why someone would want to fk up a perfectly good shotgun to try and make a novelty. I would never do that to one of mine.

But on a side note, OMFG I WANT ONE OF THOSE FMG-9 GUNS!!

I checked their site but it had no info. I wish I knew where to get one! It said it was made in 08 so it's been a few years maybe they are out now?????

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
~snip~

. I wish I knew where to get one! It said it was made in 08 so it's been a few years maybe they are out now?????

It was my understanding that this was a one-off prototype kind of thing, and was never intended to be produced (darn!). Not sure where I came about that information, I just remember being bummed that I'd probably never be able to get one for myself, cause DAYUM!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Thanks for the reply,never seen one of those ring guns before!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Cool Stuff!

I've always loved this little accessory for the HK MP5K. Fun!Fun!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

but, where I'm from, this is how we roll.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

never seen anything like this before thanks for the find, that is just incredible, I'll take two please!

That would be a great fit for a bug out bag. That electric guitar is pretty sweet to. reminds me of something you would see in Desperado.
edit on 25/3/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I knew an old man that had a single shot 20ga cane. His son made it for him. It was at least semi-legal because the barrel was 22". Now, could it be a violation of conceled weapons laws? I don't know, but I thought it was cool.

join