It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+140 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It’s a real tragedy what has happened in Japan but perhaps the bigger tragedy if there could be one is the level of disdain the Japanese Government and the Press and many of the so called ‘think tanks’ and experts have been showing for people with common sense in how badly they are reporting and distorting events from the scenes.

#1: How can they say there is no serious breach of containment at the plants?

Let’s look at a few things here, the first and not the least is the fact that these buildings have suffered massive explosions to the point that the roofs are gone over many of the reactors.

Sure these are ‘just’ the roofs that once covered the containment vessels but if the containment vessels weren’t damaged how would pouring and spraying water on the containment vessels actually cool the fuel?

The super heated fuel would still be safely inside; none of the water would be getting to it.

If what they were saying is true, this would be like your car having an over heated radiator and you being able to ‘cool’ it by going through a carwash with the hood down over the radiator.

Clearly the containment vessels are compromised otherwise pouring water on them would be an utter waste of time.

#2: They plan to restore power to the cooling systems by running outside lines to the main plant junctions?

If this were even possible massive generators could have been airlifted by helicopter to the plant within the first 24 to 48 hours.

Further the buildings have been rocked by explosions and fires, what are the chances of the wiring not having been damaged by them.

In addition they have been pouring sea water, with highly corrosive salt all over the damaged and exposed building, how could any of the wiring to the cooling systems be working for a ‘plug in’.

They say they are going to have to install new cooling pumps to pump sea water, because the old ones are damaged from pumping sea water through them? So how do the new pumps not get damaged too from the sea water in fairly short order?

Further how will they cool fuel where the containment vessels have obviously been badly damaged?

#3: They should be called heroes as they may ultimately have to sacrifice their lives?

We aren’t seeing much from the plant and certainly no one is giving statements from within it, and they have in the last 24 hours started assaulting the plant from the air.

Were the 50 workers evacuated when radiation levels became too high 48 hours ago, evacuated alive? It’s a horrible question to have to ask but I wouldn’t be able to rule out the possibility due to the lack of reporting on the ground at the facility and in conjunction with all the distortions and lies being reported that those 50 workers died, and an hour later another 180 were sent in to lay down their own to keep the show going.

#4: If no significant radiation has been released why is even the New York Times now reporting Radio Active Clouds that pose minimal health hazards will reach the California Coast by tomorrow?

One YouTube source already is claiming radio active clouds were detected in Bakersfield yesterday and what exactly is minimal health hazard? They tell us that the radiation being released quickly dissipates once you get away from the plant, yet American Ships have been withdrawn to 100 miles from the plant and Americans are being airlifted out of Japan now on chartered flights.

#5: Clearly these plants are beyond repair, why aren’t they actively entombing them?

It would seem to me a plant rocked by explosions its structure and equipment exposed to high levels of radiation is not going to be back online next year.

Is this whole obscene series of lies and story telling just a way to cover up the fact that once again no one in government anywhere was prepared with the proper materials at their disposal to actually handle a disaster of this severity?

The corporations that run them have no logistical ability to quickly entomb them and the governments themselves have no ability either.

Those are just the major questions regarding the common sense inconsistencies in the ‘official stories’ being broadcast out of Japan and our own Medias and higher learning institutions.

For a week now we have been hearing, don’t worry, phony figures, ridiculous analogies, and what the disaster is ‘not’ as opposed to what it honestly is.

What more will it take for people to start using common sense and realize that the Media and Governments are always running a three ring circus on us, where the people are the last to ever know anything, and the Government and Media are of the opinion that we can be taught to argue anything simply by giving us carefully constructed versions to argue over, while all the while they operate nearly unaccountable in the vacuum of the confusion that they create.

Can the world really afford to keep running on lies? Are people really not better served by the truth?

As dangerous as radioactive clouds roaming the earth is, I for one think it pales in comparison to the dangers of organized media and government having such disdain for the people that they are supposed to inform, protect and serve but do the exact opposite.

edit on 17/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
S&F!
As usual...
well put together and clearly explained!
Let´s hope they will get it done without bigger disturbances and that there will be consequences for the whole world to change the energetic consumption behaviour to a healthier level...

peace

Jim

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

I never really started thinking to much about this situation in a rational way until last night. This past week it's been pretty much just the concern for the people there and hoping for everyone's sake that this is a situation that can be handled.

Yet the more you look at the reporting and what's being said, it's so full of conflicting statements, and inconsistencies that make no common sense, I actually am now a bit angry and insulted that the Media is doing this to people.

Sure they are saying in part it's because the corporation that owns the plant is running the show and not being honest, but if I can see the inconsistencies that don't make sense in this story, shouldn't members of the press?

Some of them like (Anderson Cooper) are now starting to angrily question things, but the truth is we are just flat out being lied to and as usual treated like a bunch of brain dead idiots where if they give us the talking points they want us to argue we will limit the argument more or less around them.

It's appaling the level of disdain Government and media have for the people's intelligence.

Thanks for posting my friend.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You have summed up my thoughts perfectly. This is a bunch crap. I'm not buying it. I don't understand it.

I read somewhere that this is what collapse looks like - an inability to overcome or deal with crises as they arise.

Why there hasn't been an overwhelming international military response is just mind-boggling - and in my mind derelict. And as far as TEPCO is concerned, the whole thing is criminal. Did we learn nothing from BP!?

Since when is the fate of millions and millions of people left in the hands of a corporation that didn't have the foresight to even elevate the flipping generators and who has been parsing words since day one of this disaster?
edit on 17/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: clarification

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Great post!

I particularly agree with Question 1. I'm getting just sick of people parroting what is in the media (containment intact) alongside people who claim to work in the nuclear industry saying the primary containment ins intact, whilst pouring water on top of these to cool the reactors.

They must think a lot of people are idiots. To cool the reactor requires water touching the fuel rods. As you point out in your response it can't do this if it is intact.

I posted a link in another thread that showed a shot of #3, shortly after it exploded, from the side. The primary containment (that I think everyone agrees is quite large and extends to the top of the building) is *NOT* visible.

I don't care what people *SAY* - words lie. The picture was as clear as day. It is gone.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Some great questions Kosmicjack, and I for one would like to know most of all, why the materials aren't stock piled to entomb this plant and seal it?

The US Military has a massive airlift transport capability where they can get 100's of tanks, APV's, Howitzers, Humvees anywhere in the world within 24 hours.

So lets be honest the materials needed to entomb this plant have never been collected and stored in one place for an emergency even though 1 our of every 4 nuclear plants in the world uses this design?

It's almost like they built these things to use as dirty bombs themselves!

How could the industry itself and the governments be so incompetent?

No wonder they have no choice but to put this rediculous and dangerous show on for us that the situation is not 'serious' because in reality it's so serious that the governments of the world have so endangered our safety with no safeguards that they really all ought to be brought up on criminal charges.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Conflicting reports are all over the world ..take for example this article ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Great post!

I particularly agree with Question 1. I'm getting just sick of people parroting what is in the media (containment intact) alongside people who claim to work in the nuclear industry saying the primary containment ins intact, whilst pouring water on top of these to cool the reactors.

They must think a lot of people are idiots. To cool the reactor requires water touching the fuel rods. As you point out in your response it can't do this if it is intact.

I posted a link in another thread that showed a shot of #3, shortly after it exploded, from the side. The primary containment (that I think everyone agrees is quite large and extends to the top of the building) is *NOT* visible.

I don't care what people *SAY* - words lie. The picture was as clear as day. It is gone.

You are so right my friend, and the truth is how long are we going to believe the goverment and the medias lies instead of our own eyes.

None of what they are saying adds up, and if we spent a couple hours going over all the reports from day one, we could likely come up with about a 100 serious questions that they just have not answered, deflected away from or outright lied about.

Thanks for posting.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Sure they are saying in part it's because the corporation that owns the plant is running the show

Aaagghh! Therein lies the problem. This is such a screwed up way of handling a regional or global crisis. The corporation's main interest is to limit loss of profit and limit liability. They're interests are not our interests.

Ya know what!? When the environment and people became jeopardized, in my mind, it becomes a matter for investigation. When they lost control, they forfeited their right to handle the situation. They had their chance. Where in the law does it say that a criminal gets to control or clean up the crime scene?

This unfolding nuclear disaster is likely a direct result of corporations controlling politicians, public policy and the media with money.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Conflicting reports are all over the world ..take for example this article ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the alarming things has been 'expert spin' by folks at places like MIT whose graduates often design and work on these reactors, telling us they are experts not to be alarmed. Yet every day the situation goes from bad to worse and doesn't get solved.

Some would like us to believe this happens every day, even though we all know it doesn't, and that they know what they are doing, even though it in fact hardly ever happens, and never before has a 1, 2 punch like an Earthquake followed by a Tsunami taken out a massive nuclear plant with massive damage to it.

Are reputations and revenues really more important than lives and the truth?

Saddly it appears far too many in power and in the media seem to think so.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Sure they are saying in part it's because the corporation that owns the plant is running the show

Aaagghh! Therein lies the problem. This is such a screwed up way of handling a regional or global crisis. The corporation's main interest is to limit loss of profit and limit liability. They're interests are not our interests.

Ya know what!? When the environment and people became jeopardized, in my mind, it becomes a matter for investigation. When they lost control, they forfeited their right to handle the situation. They had their chance. Where in the law does it say that a criminal gets to control or clean up the crime scene?

This unfolding nuclear disaster is likely a direct result of corporations controlling politicians, public policy and the media with money.

If this were clandestine spy work, the Corporation would be known as a 'cut out' a fall guy, and a buffer between the event and the people in government behind it or responsible for it.

Governments not to blame the corporation is and that's how the government wants it to be.

They purposefully leave the corporation in charge and in control of the loop publicly to distance the government itself from the fact it is not capable of solving the situation itself.

The government ends up trying to pass itself off as just another victim even though ultimately it's government we look to, to keep us being victimized by unscrupulous profit driven corporations.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

#1: How can they say there is no serious breach of containment at the plants?

Clearly the containment vessels are compromised otherwise pouring water on them would be an utter waste of time.
They don't deny a breach of containment. The biggest concern would be if a partial meltdown turns into a complete meltdown,then there would be much larger releases.

#2: They plan to restore power to the cooling systems by running outside lines to the main plant junctions?
Their first priority is to get the excess fission under control. They can plan to do all kinds of things after that.

#3: They should be called heroes as they may ultimately have to sacrifice their lives?
Were the 50 workers evacuated when radiation levels became too high 48 hours ago, evacuated alive?
There's no reason to believe anyone would die that quickly. Even at Chernobyl it took some time for the fatally exposed workers to die.

#4: If no significant radiation has been released why is even the New York Times now reporting Radio Active Clouds that pose minimal health hazards will reach the California Coast by tomorrow?
We have sensitive measuring instruments, we can measure levels of radiation that can be considered minimal or insignificant.

#5: Clearly these plants are beyond repair, why aren’t they actively entombing them?

You don't want to entomb them if there are things you can do to prevent a partial meltdown from turning into a full meltdown. Pouring concrete over the top won't prevent a "china syndrome" if the meltdown gets worse and melts through the bottom of the containment structure, which there's no reason to believe has happened yet, though we aren't sure. We weren't sure how severe the damage was at three mile island for a decade, when we finally lowered a remote control video camera into the containment area, and saw a much worse meltdown than we had expected.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Michio Kaku was just on TV and he says, "We have fifty workers handling potential meltdowns at four reactors, let's get real!"

Ya think!? Maybe today's the day we'll get something going on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

They are saying no 'serious' breach of containment has occured, clearly that is a lie.

Further they are saying that at one point radiation at the plant was the equivelant of 2100 chest x-rays in one hour.

Care to try an experiment where we see how you are feeling after that?

What are you basing your conclusions on? How many badly damaged reactors with 'partially' exposed cores have you worked on in the past?

How man HAS ANYONE WORKED ON?

Still the truth is that while yes, you might be correct that they need to cool the fuel and stop the chain reaction they say is not occuring before entombing it, that is not and there IS NO EXCUSE for not having the materials and equipment readily stockpiled to do just that.

Clearly they weren't and clearly they aren't otherwise this situation would have been solved within 48-72 hours which is about how long a massive airlift would have taken to get things put in place.

At what point do you imagine parroting the nonsense you here from the media, government and so called experts becomes a poor way to address a problem of this magnitude that is not being quickly solved but goes from bad to worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

S&F for you sir.

I have been questioning what we heard in the media since they started talking about using helicopters to cool them. I feel like there is a mass cover up that is on going just so the Japanese government can save face. But like someone else said, it seems like the company is running the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if the corporation is just trying to save face. It makes me so frustrated when they try to act like we are all sheeple.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Michio Kaku was just on TV and he says, "We have fifty workers handling potential meltdowns at four reactors, let's get real!"

Ya think!? Maybe today's the day we'll get something going on this.

I think we need to ask are there really fifty workers in that open exposed plant when they are dropping 7.5 tons of water on it in one shot from the air.

Imagine the damage that is doing to what little infrastructure that is even left intact at the plant let alone what having a few tons of water dropped accidentally on a human being might do to the person.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TripleSalCal

S&F for you sir.

I have been questioning what we heard in the media since they started talking about using helicopters to cool them. I feel like there is a mass cover up that is on going just so the Japanese government can save face. But like someone else said, it seems like the company is running the show, so I wouldn't be surprised if the corporation is just trying to save face. It makes me so frustrated when they try to act like we are all sheeple.

The amazing thing is that the events are turning out so bad that ultimately their attempts to save face, are just going to cost them more face in the long run.

They are trying to divert the hard questions that should be asked and answered with the drama of fighting a losing battle in the face of something that both the corporation and government should have been prepared to fight a winning battle against.

They are selling the drama and not the facts.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thanks for that reality slap! You're right. Are there really workers on site? God Bless them if they are, but how do we really know? And if you take into account how ineffective they would be in the face of the sheer enormity and danger, it seems even less likely.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

It would be one thing if these were military trained personnel that know how to duck for cover when incoming bombardments from the air are being called in right on top of them but these are scientists not warriors.

I would think what ever workers there are there, are primarily for 'show' to monitor at best a situation well beyond their control to effect as they have no functioning equipment, they have admitted that the pumps in place have all been damaged by the sea water and don't function.

The containment vessels have been breached the infrastructure of the plant shot, with radiation constantly leaking with no materials or equipment or even electricity and some form of working power to effect repairs.

What could or would the workers be doing right now beyond exposing themselves to deadly dangers?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's absolutely crazy! We don't have the truth. We may never know the answers to these questions. This could be 'it'. When you think of how important Japan is in the world economic balance, I can't see how we can come out of this OK.

1. I believe there IS a serious breach at the plants. The "containment" buildings are completely blown up. There is NO containment.

2. How can a cooling system operate after it's been blown up?

3. If those workers can do anything about this, they are heroes. They're heroes anyway, just for going in there. That's walking to their death.

4. If no significant radiation has been released, why is the US calling for a 50 mi radius? Tepco is known for lying and dumping radioactive crap in the ocean. This is another lie, but it's coming from the Japanese govt.

5. Excellent question! The only reasons I can think of for not taking more serious containment actions is 1. money. If they can salvage anything, they won't have to build it again. 2. Panic. If they admitted that this is as bad as it is, there'd be more panic than there already is.

It's just crazy! The effects of this will be felt for many, many years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join