It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Leonid Elenin even exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Also, look at his name in Reverse!

nineledinoel

an anagram of

nine eledin ol
9 - 11 - 01

whoa

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Perhaps the actual observer that discovered the comet had the last name Wormwood. If so, there is no way they would tell anyone!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Do you kow something I dont??

lemme know

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

Revelation 8:10-11

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; and the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
....which revelations ripped off from pagans

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
ELENIN funny name for a asteroid
because if the guy that found it named it why is his name an acronim for Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near
look up elenin online and see it ele in elenin is in capital letters from the rest of the word ???

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
OK, i have been searching on and off for a few hours now, and in that search have come up with no new information on the person, though he is mentioned in this article
I will also note that in my earlier searches THIS suspect site never once came up. I know because i gave up searching site for a while and was getting ready for bed and decided i would google it one more time.....

You know when you have already viewed a search result because the shade of the text is different, but this one stood out becasue i hadnt linked to it before and the time next to the link states "2 hour ago" go ahead see if you come across this in a google search.

Almost like it was recently planted there, maybe i am reading too much into now, i am soo tired.
I will check back in the morning and continue my search.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Thank you for your help in searching, i am pouring over pages of speculation and coming up with nihil, except for one interesting thing which I am going to post in the AM... nite

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
ELENIN funny name for a asteroid
because if the guy that found it named it why is his name an acronim for Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near
look up elenin online and see it ele in elenin is in capital letters from the rest of the word ???

Nine Inch Nails
Never Indulge Narcotics
National Institute of Nutrition
Neighbors In Need
Ninjas In NASA
Ninjas Imitating Neanderthals
Not Interested, Nevertheless

What is your point? WHY must it be Niburu Is Near?
How about: Nothing Is Near?

Though I do lend credence to the possibility that this Leonid Elenin is a fake personality...and that there may be something odd about the "comet" in question.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
when was the last time comet Elenin was seen?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
the fact this thing is called ELEnin creeps me out if you don't remember deep impact that comet was named ELE(elly) End of life event or ELE for short so that just makes it wierder and the fact the astronomers name who "discovered" it has the name ELEnin and Russian just to fishy to me.......but my own pesonal opinion on the matter but will waiting to see what happens come sept-nov no doubt.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

Originally posted by TrgiclyHip
Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun

There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. I'd like somebody to explain how, in a constantly moving system, comet Elenin manages to keep aligning itself with the Earth and the Sun.

ok in your mind picture a dot that is the sun, then a circle that is the orbit of the earth....then imagine a line approaching the circle and dot(the path of whatever)...everytime the earth is lined up with this line and the sun it causes an earthquake...picture the perfect combo shot in pool...we are the pocket or we are the ball in the middle depending on the swing of the circle you envisioned... as the line(object) draws closer we are supposed to feel increased effects...

Additionally in the same constantly moving system you envision...the moon rotates around the earth, the earth still manages to rotate around the sun and the sun around the galaxy....actually its more like a spiral we travel along...picture a falling maple key from a tree...the middle of rotation is the sun the outter edge of the key/leaf is the orbit of earth and the path it takes through the air to the ground is the path around the galaxy....hope that helps the conceptualization for you

Decreased distance=increased energy....lets hope its not quadratic output of energy like electromagnetic fields...
edit on 17-3-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

Originally posted by TrgiclyHip
Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun

There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. I'd like somebody to explain how, in a constantly moving system, comet Elenin manages to keep aligning itself with the Earth and the Sun.

plenty of proof, do research before stating facts

go to the thread amaterasu linked you

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Try these...

Leonid Elenin's space observation website

Here are a couple of many articles authored by Leonid Elenin

«C/2010 X1 (Elenin)»

Leonid Elenin's email contacts...

Leonid Elenin facebook page

[email protected]

[email protected]

Take note that while Leonid Elenin is a real astronomer whose discovery of C/2010 X1 (Elenin) is a real comet that will be visible later this year, nearly everything else floating about is nonsense.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This is the point which has intrigued me for a few months now, surely new "comets" aren't discovered every day, and are a relatively rare event, or am I wrong ? I would have expected far more fanfare about the whole thing by now, and there just isn't. I appreciate the name Leonid Elenin, can be broken down into more omminous substance, but would they be so stupid as to give the game away ? Especailly as they haven't made this comet's discovery entirely accessible to the public.

Of course I do believe something doesn't add up, and to make matters worse, the link posted to the website that has hs name and photo, also states him to be an "Amateur Astronomer" so this isn't even his profession, yet he found what the professionals hadn't.

Oh and one last thing, NASA only list articles from their buzz blog site about comet elenin, there is no page dedicated to elenin on their main website , nor a quarter of a page even, just to out line the facts, perhaps there is and I have just missed it, but if I'm right, then why would the space agency superpower not hold info on Comet Elenin's discovery ? Are they maintaining a deliberate distance ?

edit on 17-3-2011 by solargeddon because: "r" before "o" in from lol

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Try these...

«C/2010 X1 (Elenin)»

[email protected]

[email protected]

Take note that while Leonid Elenin is a real astronomer whose discovery of C/2010 X1 (Elenin) is a real comet that will be visible later this year, nearly everything else floating about is nonsense.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That was very informative. Source(s)? What I mean by that is, how were you able to get all of this info when everyone else has, so far, been stumped?
edit on 3/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hmm, this sounded fishy when I heard of it beginning of January, especially with the following announcement of Tyche in February...

The questions of Leonid's existence is suspicious is itself, especially if there seems like no apparent record of him before 2008...

Not sure if this video is on the forums, but AstrolPatroit (intentional mis-spelling on his part) made this video supposedly proving that Elenin doesn't exist and that he's observed and pictured a dwarf star with satellites, around the place Elenin is supposed to be, check it out. My telescope isn't powerful enough to confirm his sightings for myself, but from taking pictures through a telescope myself, his pictures seem pretty legitimate to me...

Your thoughts?

Peace ..v,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Try these...

«C/2010 X1 (Elenin)»

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

I appreciate you posting all of this.... but to me it is still not PROOF of his existence, I have looked at all of those pages and even took the time to take all of those articles "he wrote" and translate each one from russian to english. Still not solid proof of his existence. IN fact, the very first article in that link, the one dated March 14th, when translated using google translator says this:

"As I wrote earlier comet C/2010 X1 near its perihelion will be perfectly visible in the photographs of outer coronagraph SOHO. As I told Karl Bettems (Karl Battams, Naval Research Laboratory), scheduled for special surveillance in the 4 different filters. Moreover, the estimated technical feasibility of temporary retargeting the spacecraft STEREO-B at the comet, the entrance of their close approach in late July - early August. Maximum convergence will happen July 31 at 13:00 UT. The distance between the objects will be only 7.4 million km (0.04956 AU). The spacecraft can pass through the dust and ion tails of comets. The second option is a bigger threat to the spacecraft. Let's hope that these observations occur and succeed, and the spacecraft without any problems will continue to further work on a sun-synchronous orbit. "

Which ONCE again, raises more questions than answers-

It is very easy to make someone look like a real person VIA the internet

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I have looked at everything he presents all ready and still stand by my feeling that this is not PROOF of his existence- Having a facebook page does not mean you are a real person. And in my opinion having a @gmail email addy only detracts points from the debate. ALSO- Take a look at his facebook profile- It looks very newly created, Where has he been? Hiding under a rock? I would think someone who belongs to so many groups and seems very internet savvy might have had a facebook for a long time.... Thats my personal opinion anyways

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

Yeah, seems sketchy to me. You can find he's a member on a Yahoo group since 11/08 tech.groups.yahoo.com..., and there isn't really any other info on him beyond a year or so ago. He apparently has a linkedin profile as well that if anyone is on there might be able to check that out. But the whole name thing just seems strange. That some one would name their kid after a meteor shower then he becomes an astronomer, unless one of the parents was an astronomer as well.

There is really something fishy about L. Elenin's story. I tryed to find some info about him in Russian, searched for him in Russian social network Odnokalssniki (Classmates), but no such person can be found. Strange.
Russians are as well suspicious about the name, check it out here translate.google.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by ElVividorDeLaVida because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join