It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Gouging: Potassium Iodide

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by justacip

Thanks for that response justacip.

I'm actually in Australia and wanted to purchase some to send to a charity that is doing Aid work in Japan.
If we can't buy this, then there must be thousands if not hundreds of thousands in Japan who can't get any either.
Just one more question if I may, is the liquid form able to be shipped internationally to places like Australia?
Or does it often get held back by customs etc?
Just wondering as there doesn't seem to be any information available about this point and I've searched in lots of places on the web for an answer.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

At lunch yesterday, I thought i'd drop into a chemist and see if it was actually available there but they didn't sell it and this was a large pharmacy. I don't know how easy it would be to get packages to someone in Japan right now with all the disasters but I would've been more than happy to buy them on behalf of people there and mail them over instead of having to pay hundreds of dollars for them!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

How can it be "price gouging" if it is something you don't even need?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Well your not going to believe this but my brother dropped into a chemist in outer Sydney yesterday to ask for some and the chemist assistant ( a young girl) had no idea what potassium iodide was. No joke.
I've checked out all the chemists in my area and local australian online chemists and NADA.
It's not even listed. So there is a chance that it was never available over the counter here before this disaster.

Although I wanted to purchase some for different reasons to my brother, with Lucas Heights practically in the middle of suburban Sydney, my brother felt it was time to get a small supply just in case as he lives relatively close to the plant. Most of the time he totally forgets about it. But it times like this that he's reminded and says he'd feels better with some anti radiation pills handy
edit on 18-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justacip

I'm still getting hate mail from idiots who don't bother to check that it is other individuals/companies selling Iosat on Amazon at the moment. Not us. Any schmo can sell Iosat. It's an OTC. Like selling aspirin. I just point these emailing nimrods to this thread with hopes that their ignorance can be cured.

I am really sorry to hear that, Mr./Ms. Nukepills. I will be pleased to do business with you when your supply is renewed, and I will do so directly at your site. You seem to be a reputable businessperson and you deserve to turn some sort of a profit for your time and effort in shipping your wares. I also commend you for your generous donation to the Japan relief effort.

This serves as a reminder for me (as I live in earthquake country) to prepare my bugout bag a little better. Please post when you have it back in stock!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I haven't read every single page of this thread, so forgive me it somebody's already mentioned this, but it appears Alex Jones has jumped on the iodine price gouging bandwagon:

Is Alex Jones using scare tactics to sell potasium iodide at inflated prices?

This morning I woke up to some small buzz that is growing about Alex Jones buying Potassium Iodide from a seller for 20 bucks a pop with free shipping and then selling it for 40 bucks a pop with shipping at his website. Of course this follows his recent shows and media onslaught of talking about Radiation coming to the states from the Japan Nuclear Reactor incident on his show and website Infowars...

edit on 19-3-2011 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

$40 with free packaging and shipping under the circumstances is quite reasonable from the prices I've seen on ebay. I doubt though that he'd have any left.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have read many cases of poisoning

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just awful but it does prove that no how matter how civilized humans may look ,fill them with fear and they will stab there friend for a loaf of bread .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
As crazy as this sounds I belive that individuals should be able to charge as much as they want for a product. That is where the laws of supply and demand. If there is too much supply on the market. It will cause the price of a product to decrease in value. If there is not enough supply on the market it will cause the price of a product to rise. Then there is the next question. Why does people not go with the substitution method. If iodine pills are too expensive then substitute it with a gas mask. Oh yeah I forget gas masks are not in fashion. People on this board should have already started their preperations. Always plan on worst case best case scenario's. People will spend 10K on a car; but, will not spend the same amount on something that might save their life. Then that brings a person to the next question. How much is your life worth? Preperation is always the best form of medicine.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Go to Alex Jones website. Infowars.com. He sells them for fair prices.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey there.

Ok as most know I am in Queens, NY. I went to my local "real" store as I call it. We have to ask for the PI now and they have it behind the counter. Also they are keeping tabs upon how many you get and who you are.

They are only charging 10 a bottle however the fact is if you get over 3 they have to put you in a list that you are buyying these supplies. The other that they have started to monitor is Colloidal Silver- I currently take 1100 ppm.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Have these price gougers been prosecuted yet? Seems illegal to raise the prices of medical supplies when in need. What happens when people price gouge for clean water when it is needed?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Have these price gougers been prosecuted yet?

No, of course not, why should they be?

Seems illegal to raise the prices of medical supplies when in need.

Except it is not needed in the USA.... why do you think it is?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

We don't know if it is needed yet, and someone wanted to be prepared so the price gougers are ripping people off, they should be prosecuted.

Are you a radiological medical expert that you know it is not needed? We need accurate radiation readings. Heck the milk in some of the western states is now reading radiation levels.
edit on 31-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join