It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Red Dawn' Villains Switched from China to North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So it's a little more than just a bunch of underfed slaves swimming over on rafts made of chicken bones.

I think I'd watch the chicken bones flick...lol.

Thanks for spelling it out. That sounds more plausible with China as the supply engine.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Good it'll be on steam for $19,99 next month then lol

(

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I think this could potentially be a conspiratorial story for ATS to investigate.

In 2009-2010, the remake of Red Dawn was shot, starring Aussie Chris Hemsworth. The story was simple, after the US economy collapsed, Russia and China invade the US.

Now, in 2011, MGM is going back and spending over one miliilion dollars to digitally alter the film to make the PLA into North Korea troops.

This is very bizarre.

A reference is also made to a recently released game, Homefront, written by the original Red Dawn writer, as having its Chinese invasion forces changed to North Koreans.

So what is going on here? We can't use the PLA as bad guys in games or movies?

North Korea invading the states? Really? Really?! There has to be more to this than meets the eye.

screenrant.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CIA consulted on Homefront video game storyline

Check out the above older thread that's also on ATS.

Apparently the CIA provided a lot of direction in the production of the new game Homefront (even by looking at it, it appears to be total propaganda).

The same guy who directed the original Red Dawn also played a part in developing a 2003 game called 'Freedom Fighters', which was pretty much a game about the Russians invading the US where you play a Patrick Swayze-like plummer who rebels against the Russian conquest of New York (and yes, I've played the crap out of this game).

I've also seen the original Red Dawn a few times too. It all seems like a textbook public disinformation and hype-up campaign against rival countries to the US. I have little doubt that the CIA was also involved in both Freedom Fighters and both Red Dawn movies as well, since they all seem to be politically motivated with a relatively unoriginal storyline (something likely to be produced by squares, not imaginative producers).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockologist
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Good it'll be on steam for $19,99 next month then lol

(

Homefront has already dropped $18.00 off the full price due to poor sells. First time I have seen a game do that in 24 hours. So it looks like you could be right.

This makes the idea of changing the PLA into North Korea not a good financial move, but I don't think this was done for financial reasons.

Another good reason why this is bad business. Japan and South Korea.

Japan and South Korea are both huge gaming and film markets. By changing the villains to North Korea, that automatically eliminates the South Korean market. Their government will not allow games or promotion of films that could incite the North Koreans. The Japanese are the same way. The Japanese version of Homefront was heavily censored.

The PRC cannot make up for lost sales in South Korea or Japan. If this is just business, THQ and MGM are committing financial suicide.

edit on 16/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: .

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Supposedly former CIA analysts came in and changed the original Homefront story by Milius with the PRC as invaders to the Korea Union idea.

So I wouldn't blame Milius. I wouldn't call him a square. This is the guy who wrote Apocalypse Now.

If there is any disinfo involved its from those who came after him.

It reminds me of the recent US congressional hearings where the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, said that Iran and North Korea were not the one's to worry about, but Russia and China were. Since saying that many people in the government said Clapper needs to be fired or resign. Even the congressmen who agreed with the view, said that kind of information cannot be aired in public hearings and Clapper should have known better.

So in that sense, this story does remind me of disinformation.

edit on 16/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: s

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

So in that sense, this story does remind me of disinformation.

edit on 16/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: s

The fact is that the game "Homefront" and the Red Dawn movies are geared towards teenagers and young adults. When you design a story about the US being invaded and terrorized by Russians/Chinese/North Koreans, and the protagonists are young rebels, and you sell the story to young Americans, then you are trying to implant an idea into their heads.

On top of this, the Obama administration has made a lot of concessions to increase military drone programs, even to the point of allocating education funds to private companies to build drone-piloting schools. The Obama administration is also heading campaigns to recruit tech-savvy youth to be a part of its cyber army. So not only is the US government teaching its relatively misguided and undisciplined youth to fear invasion by commies, but they are also providing the facilities to train them to fight these enemies that are introjected into their minds via videogames and movies.

Seriously, if some kid knew nothing about Russia or China or North Korea and played a game where they had to fight them off, then they would grow up thinking that these are their enemies. Think of why there's been virtually no games made where you get to play as Nazis or islamic rebels, aside from real-time strategy games which are virtually military similators since they implant the basics of military strategy into you if you play them enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It doesnt matter who THEY are that attacks,
they're still going to get their arsed kicked by the" WOLVERINE'S"

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hopefully the original version with the Chinese invading is leaked/released some time in the future.

That would be neat. NKorea invading the US is just a joke.

Even if the US were to fall into civil war, NKorea would still be unable to take America by surprise. Not to mention, NATO would help.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

'Red Dawn' Villains Switched from China to North Korea

screenrant.com

The filmmakers behind the long-delayed ‘Red Dawn’ remake have decided to switch the villains from Chinese to North Korean, in an effort to increase the film’s box office potential in China.

(visit the link for the full news article)

(insert 'F' word here)ing sellouts!
They are chasing the money and sacrificing the film's accuracy and realism.
Get John Milius in on the production he wouldn't back down on it being Russia and Mexico back in the 1980s film, so why this bs?
North Korea hasn't got the manpower to invade the USA unless it was with Russia or China's backing.
Don't think I'm paying money to see it...

The original Red Dawn was a masterpiece of 80s filming, compared to films from Hollywierd and the self-loathing that permenates out from that place.
Put out by the ptb? Good for them if it was, the system in place back in the 80s would of had a lot more people fighting for it than now such a state it's fallen in.

edit on 17-3-2011 by WatchRider because: addition because of some fool

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join