It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website Tracks At-Risk Historic Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In light of recent events a new web site is being launched to track and attempt to protect at 'risk historical sites'.

A new internet platform has been launched today to rescue cultural heritage sites on the verge of being irremediably lost, said Global Heritage Fund,

Combining Google Earth, scientific mapping from Esri, satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe, and social networking, the platform aims to serve as an early warning system for site conservation leaders, archaeologists, local communities, government officials, and volunteers.
source

Global Heritige Network

Sorry if this has been posted before I did a search and didnt see it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I don't know if it's been posted before, but that is a great find!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

well I'm sure I'll find out soon enough

I haven't had a chance to look through it properly yet, hoping to do so later on this evening!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Very nice link, and thank you for finding it. Egypt has recently released a list of things taken from the museums and (as someone on the Egyptology BBS said) it sort of looked like a "shopping list."

I'm going to "sticky" this to the top of the forum and lock the thread -- if folks have sites to add to this, please let me know and we'll be sure to add them to this valuable information.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join