It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we get the governemtn to stop the war????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You can't get the goverment to do anything. Bush allready dismised anyone who is aganist the war as belonging to a focus group

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Then he's having a hard time, since the only focus group which encompasses all peace protesters is wholesale humanity.

"When war, like the one now in Iraq, threatens the fate of humanity, it is even more urgent for us to proclaim, with a firm and decisive voice, that only peace is the way of building a more just and caring society,"

quote from JP II

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Dom, you'd better go back and reanalyse the situation.
Scuds have been used during this war. Obviously, they have them in violation.

Chemical/biological facilities can be small enough to be hidden and moved. The shell game was used when we had inspectors there the first time, was used as well this last time. The chemicals and biological weapons were not disposed of as far as anyone can tell and the agents will not "expire" if cared for. That is to say, there is no way to say that they destroyed them, the Iraqis would not provide information on that, and instead of complying, they made it a big eastereg hunt.

The link between Hussein and terrists was made, as well as information on training camps within Iraq. Unless, for example, you think maybe that passenger plane in the desert was used to train Iraqi flight attendants for his new "Al-Jihad AirWays" service. I guess you could say that actually, one way, non-stop service to Manhattan and D.C.

dom

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
TC - You're making it too easy.

The "SCUDS" have been confirmed as Al-Samoud missiles, those are the ones the inspectors were in the process of decomissioning. (After all, why use SCUDs to hit a target within 150km of the border)

Chem/bio facilties that were mobile would be low yield, but they are the most likely thing to exist. Still no evidence of them though. Most stored weapons will indeed expire because the Iraqi's haven't had time to develop things like powdered anthrax and other more stable variants. They have shown fields where they've dumped anthrax, VX, etc.. and tests are positive for the agents in the soil. It's just difficult to verify quite how much was dumped. The Iraqi's did it in a rush, so there's no documentation, etc. etc.

The link between Hussein and terrorists - The training camp with an aeroplane is a counter-terrorist training camp. British military intelligence were there in the mid-late 80's training the Iraqi's to deal with Islamic hijackers. The camp in the North of Iraq isn't even under Iraqi control, it's run by an Islamist group with close ties to Iran.

So what I'm trying to say, is that publicly these arguments don't hold up to scrutiny, although you never know what they'll find on the ground over the coming weeks... still doesn't change the fact that there was no evidence leading up to the war that was in the public domain.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
...USA will stop war because of a defeat !

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
the US saved your sniveling, surrendering, pompous arsses in 2 world wars and your people still refuse to pay respect to the country that saved your countries existance not once but TWICE!!

Quite frankly, if your country is ever attacked again by a foriegn force and occupied, I vote to recognize their rule over yours and I'm sure we'd have a much easier time from that point on in the world community.

I have French friends who live here in the US that can't stand their own country and live here to live free and unfettered lives, without the rude commie interventionism that currently rules the people of France.
Besides that they're taxed less here then in France.

I know thats hard to believe for all you disgruntled US taxpayers but both France and England have 50% or more taxrates for even the average wage earners.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join