It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we get the governemtn to stop the war????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are people posting here about anit-war and many other places. There are many anti-war protests. None of these technicas are working. We need someone with a strong voice that is liked by the people to express his or her opinions about anti-war. What we are doing is illegal and goes against the un. We may not have openly said we are going to assinate sadum husaine, but the first thing we did was bomb a bunker where he might have been. Even a monkey could see that we are trying to assinate sudam husaine.

Please Please Please someone who has an idea help me find a way to get the government to listen and stop war. Please PLease

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The UN doesn't govern our decisions.

By the way, don't worry, the war will be over before pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oops, double post.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Dont worry dont worry, how can i not worry. look at this quote that bush said. "Thing is - in my America, you're either for killing the bad guy or you are the bad guy. There's no wishy-washy middle ground". www.whitehouse.org...

that is the site i got it from. Now you should have something to worry about when bush is making remarks like this. Worry please Worry

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This war does not violate international law, and it is also IAW res 1441. As far as the resolution is concerned, I'm not taking it into the equation anyway. The fact that Hussein is a danger to us with the chem/bio weapons he continued to create couple with his ties to terrorists, who would be the benefactors...but you already know all this.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ilovepizza: the link is whitehouse.ORG if it were a real govt website it would be whitehouse.GOV
Plus, you cant stop this war. I believe the only way to stop war is to remove the human race from existance (hopefully this doesnt happen anytime soon
)

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   

WHITEHOUSE.ORG is a digital parody of the Executive Branch of the United States Federal Government. WHITEHOUSE.ORG uses the names and images of public figures for purposes of satire. Any other names are invented. The content of this web site should in no way be construed as factual. WHITEHOUSE.ORG is intended for mature audiences, and should not be accessed by persons under 18 years of age.

Ilovepizza shame on you

We have minors at this site???

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"WHITEHOUSE.ORG is a digital parody of the Executive Branch of the United States Federal Government. WHITEHOUSE.ORG uses the names and images of public figures for purposes of satire. Any other names are invented. The content of this web site should in no way be construed as factual. "

Mr. pizza, do you know what parody and satire mean??

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There is a way to stop this war. Protest and civil disobedience. police violence will rise and this will show how inhumane the political leaders are.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Rascar Capac]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Do you really think that civil disobedience is the right way to show you're anti-war stance? Easy to say from France, Mr. Racecar, but protesters wont be killed unless they kill themselves like the idiot at the Golden Gate Bridge. People marching for peace are turning into violent morons, pretty ironic, huh??

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just for the record, Rascar edited his post. He originally posted that when protesters start getting killed, our country will wake up. What do you know about America?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's one thing to vote in an "anti-war" representative, it's another thing to beg us to stop this war, and if they don't, we'll "force you to."

If we stop this war, so many Iraqis will be killed by Saddam, we might as well just nuke the place.

We are comitted, we must finish his regiem, and establish the sacred democracy only America and Britain still know.

During the Peloponesian war, Athens was without ally. Now America and Britain and her commonwealths are the only truely free nations on earth, and there is a shift in political power. From the free nations, back to the European mainland, and communist China.

Freeing smaller dictatorships, like Iraq, and Afghanistan, and modeling their government after ours, is the only way we can maintain the freedom we so love.

It's time to face the facts. Now comes a war of economy, and without political allies, Britain, America, and the others, will all lose, and not even a shot need be fired.

For there are only two types of nations, the developed, and the developing, and freedom survives only in the first.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Where did you come from?? I definately welcome you and your knowledge to the board, you seem to know what you are talking about!!

And as far as this post, my answer is "WE" can't. Too late folks war is happening and there's not a dang thing you can do about. Protest, protest all you want, it's a waste of time. And if you ask me...these protesters are having their own personal war amongst eachother and the authorities, makes no sense to me lol. Let's fight eachother while we "protest" war???

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We have a long tradition of protests and civil disobedience in France.. and i can assure you that it does change things.

Perhaps im mistaken, perhaps people like you proud american dont care about others being killed. That may be reason you're so proud and so pro-war ?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Invited by a friend. Hello Magestica.

I agree with the war, because I'm not so dumbed-down as to get hung up on the crappy job the Bush Administration did to try and convince the apathetic populous.

That's not to say that anti-war peoples are wrong, but I think when they try to say war against Iraq is wrong, they are quite foolish, and usually don't see past the small threat of the WMDs, to the fact that Saddam did such things as kill his people by throwing them into industrial-sized paper shredders, while alive.

He has to go.

Now that we are at war, we can't stop, or he'll have hell to pay on his people.

So I take offense at the idea of stopping, it seems very foolish

As for most protesters, I think they simply protest for the sake of being "individual". They don't take up the majority side, even if it is the right one, because we haven't had commonsense in America for nearly 30 years, and the world hates us so of course they'll be against us spreading our "seed". Which is a very good seed.

As far as protesters, I also feel that since most are not under 40, most must be longing for the days when they were too young or just beginning to protest the war in Vietnam.

I think they should do a formal demographic of the protesters, and that would probably show that most are indeed longing for the hippy days, or are too young to make an informed opinion, and are trying to be just the "rebels", which those foolish actors//actresses encourage.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Rascar, civil disobedience didn't help get the Nazis out of France.

And regardless of what YOU are taught in school, 95% of the French Resistance was comprised of Jews from Germany and Itally, moved to france to work in the factories.

I don't see where "civil disobedience" got anyone but the blacks, because they were oppressed in a country that wouldn't oppress them for speaking.

Besides, you are assuming most people want to protest, it is quite the opposite.

One of these days I will write a paper or book called "Minority Rule".

About how the minority opinion, being the only one heard, can eventually sway politics, and thus destroys democracy.

It already happend in france, where 5% of the population is communist, managed to pretty much turn France into anything but a completely communist country.

As for "others killed."

I'm not greek by blood, more of a viking, but you know, we can all use the Greek blood in us more, Viking too.

Death is not an end, only a conclusion of your path.

Without death, there would be no glory.

So pray ye die for a cause greater than yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Im only 17 and i am not anit-war just to be anti-war. I truly 100% do not believe in this war. I believe in killing sudam husaine, but not in this war. I alos hate it how the our governemtn the american government is going against the un. They said we are not going in there to assinate sudam husaine, but actions speak louder than words.

As a person who is strongly anti-war, i dont like all of those protesters who are there just because they used to protest. A protester shouldnt be protesting unless they believe in what they are protesting about.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rascar Capac
Perhaps im mistaken, perhaps people like you proud american dont care about others being killed. That may be reason you're so proud and so pro-war ?

Don't put words in my mouth! I have numerous reasons for being pro-war and twice as many reasons to be proud, none of which I will waste my time explaining to an Anti-American closed-minded ....................person.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join