It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communicating with a 'Shadow Person'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I apologize for the off-topicness... but is there a difference between the ones made of shadows, and the ones made of light?

I am new and would just like to know what the difference is

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LeadTheWise

Basically, there is no difference in any spirits based on the color that you see. What I mean to say is that even dark spirits can manifest as spirits of light so you have to have some powers of discernment. So many people are so accepting of anything that they encounter in the spiritual realm that they don't test the spirits. You can't just trust anything that comes along speaking sweet words in your ear.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by LeadTheWise

Basically, there is no difference in any spirits based on the color that you see. What I mean to say is that even dark spirits can manifest as spirits of light so you have to have some powers of discernment. So many people are so accepting of anything that they encounter in the spiritual realm that they don't test the spirits. You can't just trust anything that comes along speaking sweet words in your ear.

I concur. The color of the "ghost" - ie seeing it as a shadow rather than a white wispy form- does not indicate its malevolence or benevolence. A shadow person is almost all ways a partial apparition, just as a white wispy ghost is a partial apparition. The spirit is not strong enough - does not have enough energy- to create a form of a detailed person with clothing, hair, facial features etc. Shadows are simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

Originally posted by wtbengineer
I concur. The color of the "ghost" - ie seeing it as a shadow rather than a white wispy form- does not indicate its malevolence or benevolence. A shadow person is almost all ways a partial apparition, just as a white wispy ghost is a partial apparition. The spirit is not strong enough - does not have enough energy- to create a form of a detailed person with clothing, hair, facial features etc. Shadows are simple.

It is like a dream where I am the dreamer in control of the dream. The dream creates itself based on conditioning which is received through living this life (memories) which creates expectations (recognizing a vase falling I expect it to shatter when it hits the ground, there is a chance it might not - but it will not turn into a duck simply because I know that is impossible). If I dream of picking up an object (or just imagine it while awake with my eyes closed) then I can because I have learned how to do that in this world, I expect this from memory, I wouldn't know any other way than what I've experienced in this lifetime.

But to meet something which does not exist in this world which would create a memory of it I have to give up or let go of my expectations and allow a spirit to manipulate part of the dream, in essence giving up some control since I, the dreamer creates the dream. Just the thought of this can incite fears (which are very functional, not saying anyone should disregard them whilst experimenting) which would make it difficult for a spirit to manipulate the dreamer so it can create an image of itself in order to appear to the dreamer. In that other world, there is no sun which emanates particles which bounces off an object to finally hit the eyes and be interpreted by the brain.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

They're full apparitions. Like I said before, it's like tuning in on a radio. Just because it's fuzzy sounding at first, doesn't mean the radio station you're trying to listen to is "incomplete".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Really interesting thread, and I must say I am surprised at how many people have experienced this type of thing.

I used to live in a village of no more than 175-200 houses from the age of 9-16 and moved to town for 2 years. I returned to the village to live again (only 2 doors away from my old house). There used to be alot of stories about how the house was haunted and how some of the previous occupants had done the ouija board in it. However I brushed it all off once me and my family moved in there.

I've had alot of personal experiences of unexplainable noises that defy even gravity, but i'll try not to go off topic.

I had an experience ***(that must be put down to sleep paralysis)*** where there were 3 spirits in my room and I was scared sh1tl3ss...I was trying with all might to get up out of my bed and switch on my light but I kept being pulled back to my bed by these "beings". After I woke I couldn't stop thinking about it.

The reason I thought i'd share this is because the "shadows" that everyone keep describing and the experience of other ATS members seems eerily familiar to my experience...They are definately NOT benevolent IMO

***For clarity I have never meditated in my life and have never tried to self induce astral projection or anything of the sort***

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I thought I'd share some illustrations I did in paint of some I've seen recently. lol

img703.imageshack.us...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Mertez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mertez

Thanks for the info Mertez

So, I have never seen an actual shadow person, or figure. I've seen spirits, but they were neither white nor black..they were normal colors actually.

Anyhow, what I do see on a regular, very frequent basis, are black figures out of the corner of my eye. Sometimes I see a bright light spot aswell, but thats much more rare.

As soon as I look in that direction, its gone. Are these the same things, do you think? Just not able to create an entire form?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Next time you see one in your peripheral vision, maybe focus on them without trying to direct your eyes at it. I've noticed that sometimes I can only see them through my left eye :S When I close my left eye (right eye still open) they're gone. When I open my left eye again, they reappear. Very strange...But maybe that's why people can't stare directly at them without them vanishing?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I lived in the same house from when I was born until I was 11 years old. I seen a dark shadowy guy in all black always in my bedroom. I had a brother, four years older than me. One day my mom was at work, and we came home and went upstairs by ourselves. When you opened the front door and looked back to the right that was our bedroom. We opened it, and we both seen that guy in all black looking back at us (i dont mean with eyes but I mean like staring into us[hard to explain], we immediately left and ran around the sreet to stay at my grandmothers house until my mother came home. We told them what we had seen. That was the first time my brother had seen him. We never talked about it to each other, it still invokes the worst fear in my soul as I write about it now. I couldt tell if it wanted to ever hurt me but I knew that its intentions werent in my best interest. I still get the weird feelings though, until this day I cant sleep in the dark, nor with shadows from light present in my view and I have to have my bedroom door closed....weird? Im gonna stop writing this now because Im actually starting to feel unsettled.
edit on 25-3-2011 by DanecaGMallette because: punctuation and gramar errors

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Aren't 'shadow people' people from another dimension and they are visible for a short time?
I think its just a normal spirit you are dealing with.
edit on 26/3/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mertez
I thought I'd share some illustrations I did in paint of some I've seen recently. lol

img703.imageshack.us...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Mertez because: (no reason given)

Image number 1 looks almost identical to something I have seen on numerous occasions. I have also seen other taller shapes. I have seen these in the evening shortly after going to bed. I was not asleep when I saw those. Sometimes they float above me. They are usually greyish charcoal translucent in color.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

in your first link there, the drawing..looks like the top hat man. i saw him once in the middle of the night when i was around 15 or 16. he was just standing right beside my bed. and he was big, over 6 feet tall..and he was wide..a big dude.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
*Guys, I might have made a huge mistake in what I thought these things were. I'm going to double check tonight, because I might be wrong. It might have been a huge misunderstanding to think these were "black because they were negative".

I'm going to ask the mods if it's okay to create a new thread, or if I can just edit my older posts. IF these things are what I think they are, These might be 4-dimensional beings that cast a 3-dimensional shadow.

I owe some of these things an apology, since I wasn't getting negative vibes off all of them, it was wrong to say they're all bad. I'll report back tomorrow, and hopefully I can edit my old posts if I was wrong!
edit on 27-3-2011 by Mertez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I never knew what to call this experience but I guess I saw a "shadow person" when i was 15. I was staying in my friend's basement for awhile while my mom was in Hawaii. One night I was lying in my bed when i had a very real dream of being in the passenger seat of a VW Bug which was slowly lowering into a big lake. I could smell the fishy smell and hear the water and everything very real like. I came out of it suddenly with a feeling of a "wire snapping" back into my chest. I reached over and touched the wooden chair by my bed for reality check and then lay back down. I had the same dream but this time i was laying down in the back of the bug on the seat. I again snapped awake and felt the chair. That is when it happened. I looked up and across the room there was a tall, completely BLACK figure. I could make out no features...it was blacker than any black i had every seen. It looked like a tall figure in a cape and what looked like a tri-corner hat. It had it's arm out and a finger pointing. It slowly was moving it's arm towards me as it turned. I had the feeling if the finger pointed at me I was going to die. I was so afraid but i ran across the room and turned the light on and "He" disappeared. Then when i went back to bed there was no wooden chair beside my bed although I had clearly felt that as well. Haven't told anyone about that. Didn't want to sound crazier than i already am.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'll start with the beginning.

A little over a year ago, I suddenly started having experiences. It started one night shortly after going to bed. (about 20 minutes after lying down)
I suddenly opened my eyes as if startled out of a nightmare, but I was not yet asleep. I was just comfortably starting to relax at that moment. Anyway, I open my eyes gasping (my heart racing). A second after that I notice a strange dark spot hovering 50 cm above my chest. It's see through and looks like a mass of dark ink swirling in water (This is the best description I can give). I can see through it although it's not really there.

Events like these start to happen more regularly ( a few times a month ).
Always the same way. Soon after going to bed. Something startles me to open my eyes (the same reaction someone would get if someone hid around a corner and jumped up and yelled BOO and you were not expecting it.) I sit up frightened and startled only to see a dark shape hovering somewhere in my room.

After a few times, I fight the urge to run as curiousity and annoyance start to dominate me. I stick my face right up close and examine it. I try to swat at it with my hand or kick it with my foot to see what happens. Nothing. It's as if it is not even there. Yet I see it. I usually starts to move upwards and disapears into the ceiling not long after.

At times instead of looking like a dark blob, it looked like the shape of a being. Maybe a torso. It's not very clear. At times it looked like something standing at the foot or side of my bed. Sometimes it looks like a big mass of liquid smoke moving around.

Not long ago, I get startled again for no apparent reason. I open my eyes gasping for air. I don't know why but I get the urge to turn around and look behind me. Something dark is standing on the edge of my bed behind me. It's scary but I try to keep my cool because my daughter has her bed right next to mine and I don't want to scare her. Usually this happens when I go to bed, long after she is sleeping.

I here people say that it could be sleep paralysis but I never felt paralyzed, nor was I sleeping at the time. I have been able to walk up to it and look at it up close. I even ran right through it one night when it was blocking the doorway and I just wanted out of there.

Usually moments before I see it, I get a spooked feeling like something is watching me. It creeps me out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

100% wrong: the psychiatric hospitals are full of the people who tried "to explore". Im not sure - 100% about what they have learned and "know" after that "exploration", but it seems that "Knowledge" is not really helpfull for their - Live quality- more to the contrary.

edit on 29-3-2011 by ZenOnKwalsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by ZenOnKwalsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mertez

Sorry but I l try to insert my two cents.
Unless Youi are not some kind of arrogant "Indigo child", with a lot of agressife "ashkenazy " genes - do try to stop all that stuff- at least for a little.
Even Bible says its forbidden to meddle with this kind of stuff (if You Christian) But from the elementary point of view: person who is not prepared shoudnt try to open these gates. Its like to manipulate radioactive plutonium rods with your bare hands.
Not too good idea.
Whatever is out there is not for the feeble... Even if You have talent/sensitivity You have to become extra super strong if you try to open that doors . The real Mages (does not matters what they try to attain) are more like Tibetan Monks than the personages from the" Charmed" or Harry Potter

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My Hypothesis:

The Aether/Ether/Astral plane, or whatever term you want to use for it, is a conduit/vibrational level/ zero point/ plane of existence that is accessible via Stellar and Planetary fields, by beings of either advanced Natural technology, Supernatural grace technology, or Supernal grace technology.
Those who use the more powerful Stellar conduit are doing so by grace of Cosmic authority, and appear within the light spectrums...
Those who are using the less powerful and more dangerous planetary conduits, are doing so under their own, or Bonded authority, and operate, with some freedom, within that dark field of geomagnetic energy...

As for who and what they are, that is varied, but all beings will fall within one of three catagories:
(Keep in mind that we are all forms of conscious awareness foci, and so, are related to each other in this regard.)

1. Natural Consciousness: Any being who is aware or becoming aware of all the aspects of incarnation within the physical world.
2. Supernatural Consciousness: All beings who are aware or becoming aware of all aspects of the Physical and Supernatural worlds, and the interactions between them.
3. Supernal Consciousness: All beings who have achieved full understanding of the physical and supernatural realms, and are currently engaged in the creation of worlds and spiritual offspring.

"Just as with any other "person(s)", you will get mixed reactions/interactions with these beings.
There is no true "evil", there is only those who's foci are near dissolution from the entropic forces* that produce variation, and bonded agency serving the greater community...

*these entropic forces are technologically and naturally summoned up in the less powerfull bands of dark planetary energy to aid in the ongoing task of "new" creation.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Khurzon because: Spelling is not my forte'

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join