It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Love You, Japan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With everything that's going on in Japan I thought it would be a good time to remind all our Japanese brothers and sisters that our thoughts and prayers are with them.

I don't know how many citizens of Japan frequent the ATS forums, but maybe if other members here know Japanese people personally they can relate the message that there are many foreigners that genuinely care about their well-being, that take pleasure in Japanese philosophy and culture and would take sorely to anything that would dampen it.

The Japanese have seen many hard times before and still came to prosper, and I don't doubt that they'll be able to recover and prosper once again.

I wanted to find some anime that would be appropriate here because I know how popular Japanese anime is worldwide right now, but I'm not anime certified so I'll leave that to someone else.

It may be corny but it's the least corny thing I could find.

Really though, Japan has arguably the most technologically advanced society on the entire planet, and the cultural influence to show for it.

When Japan suffers, the world suffers.

Anzuru yori umu ga yasushi. "Birthing the baby is easier than worrying about it."

S hitsuree shimasu.

edit on 14-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are a mighty people and have borne a great burden for all of humanity..... as many before them have. They will reap their harvest of joy as they have sown their seed of sorrow. Great will be their rejoicing in the day of feasting. They will be sustained during their trial..Pray that we will as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I feel the greatest sympathy for them. It's so bad for those still that don't have water, electricity or heat in freezing temperatures.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
News: Anime/Manga/Game Industry Members Check In After Quake (Updated)

www.animenewsnetwork.com...

List of Anime creators, and attest etc, that have checked in after and are confirmed alive and well. and the rumor of the Pokemon creator dieing is miss informed - he was knocked out, but is also doing well..the ones listed in blue have checked in with there status, if you can read the language that is.

edit on 14-3-2011 by sagen because: extra DIV

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sagen

And also any fans of automobiles (world's largest producer), computers, robotics, Zen Buddhism, Japanese art or rationalism.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I love Japan as well... I've seen them twice.
Their best song was Life In Tokyo although In Vogue runs it close...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
I love Japan as well... I've seen them twice.
Their best song was Life In Tokyo although In Vogue runs it close...

I can only assume you would be just as cheery if there had just been an earthquake, tsunami, nuclear disaster and volcano eruption in your own area. And for that I commend you.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You know what they say, "If you don't laugh you'll cry!"
Nobody is a shocked as I about what has happened, some years ago I spent some time in Kyoto, but the Japanese are a strong and hardy race. Give it a few years and they'll find a way to incorporate this into one of the games on Takeshi's Castle! The Japanese don't know the meaning of the term- self pity. They'll quickly pick themselves up, dust themselves off and carry on as if nothing has happened. Its the Japanese way.
However, if I caused offence please accept my apologise.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I wasn't personally offended, and I didn't know what to make of your post. I can appreciate a nation without much self-pity. The Japanese always seemed like a particularly rational and clear-headed people to me, distinctly logical and non-religious even (non-religions in more of a practical/philosophical sense I mean, not to say they aren't spiritual).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Am japanese and returning home to japan to assist.. Will be there in early part of next week (only drawback to where I live takes me a week to get downriver to airport)..
Will show your thread and translate when there to let the people know of the well wishes and prayers of those here at ats - and a big thank you from all of them..
Just wish was happier circumstances that Im returning..
S&F wont be in much here weak reception on my mobile while travelling and will be quite busy upon arrival back in japan so replies will be slow..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Will show your thread and translate when there to let the people know of the well wishes and prayers of those here at ats - and a big thank you from all of them..

Make sure they understand that this thread is insignificant compared to the amount of love and support we have for the Japanese people all over this country.

Not long ago I had a dream of visiting Japan, and it was at least a very pleasant dream. I've wanted to visit Japan for a long time and just never got chance. When I finally see Japan I want it to be at its most prosperous.

(And secretly I've always thought their culture is just plain better than ours... but shhh)

I wish you and your friends and family the best, and hope you are all kept safe in the aftermath of these awful disasters. Give my love to Japan!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A great and timely thread!

The only Japanese I ever learnt was from the Queen song "Teo Torriatte" (Let us cling together), originally the final song from their album A Day at the Races. It was susbsequently covered by Japanese artists.
Always reminds me of loved ones and loss, and fittingly sung by Freddie Mercury.
Maybe not for everybody, but my heart goes out to the people of Japan with this song:

edit on 15-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I wasn't personally offended, and I didn't know what to make of your post. I can appreciate a nation without much self-pity. The Japanese always seemed like a particularly rational and clear-headed people to me, distinctly logical and non-religious even (non-religions in more of a practical/philosophical sense I mean, not to say they aren't spiritual).

I dont know about your assertion that the Japanese are rational and clear headed! The reason I love the Japanese is because they aren't rational... They don't take anything too serious, get excited about the least little thing, are the friendliest and warm people in the world and their warped sense of humour and love and zest for life is infectious. Any other country would be on it's knees but they wont because they are a proud people who don't like to show weakness.
As I said earlier, they'll carry on regardless as if nothing has happened no matter how much worse the situation in Japan deepens. They're the first to offer help and the last to ask for it. That's why I was surprised to hear that they have asked America for help with controlling the reactors. I only pray that they get them under control soon so that the clear up operation can begin and something near normality can return for them...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Aww, I thought of that song and wondered if there was a utube for it. Thanks for posting it! The Japanese have improved the quality of people's lives in more ways than we can count, not only in technology and pleasurable pastimes, but especially in aesthetics (fashion, architecture, and design). If only we would absorb their beautiful manners as readily, what a world that would be!

Please pass on my good wishes and prayers for their safety and well being! And please let them know that they're so welcome here.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
I dont know about your assertion that the Japanese are rational and clear headed! The reason I love the Japanese is because they aren't rational... They don't take anything too serious, get excited about the least little thing, are the friendliest and warm people in the world and their warped sense of humour and love and zest for life is infectious.

Ah, well maybe that's where we differ because I think those characteristics are the result of being rational and clear-headed.

I also hope that they're able to contain the situation, but so far the explosions seem to be interfering with that...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Just wish was happier circumstances that Im returning..

I do, too! Thanks for posting and for sharing with your Japanese friends. Good luck to you!

Our thoughts and best wishes to Japan!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Make sure they understand that this thread is insignificant compared to the amount of love and support we have for the Japanese people all over this country.

Not long ago I had a dream of visiting Japan, and it was at least a very pleasant dream. I've wanted to visit Japan for a long time and just never got chance. When I finally see Japan I want it to be at its most prosperous.

(And secretly I've always thought their culture is just plain better than ours... but shhh)

I wish you and your friends and family the best, and hope you are all kept safe in the aftermath of these awful disasters. Give my love to Japan!

Goodmorning .. Thank you am still waiting word of them yet .. Lol true on the culture .. And dont worry my lips are sealed.. Even with all thats happened japan still stands and we will rebuild .. Springtimes best to visit when you make the trip in future as weather is nice and the cherry blossoms are breathtaking when bloom.. Lots of time to follow your dream and visit japan in future once things settle
you will find it an enjoyable visit when you do make the trip in future.. Never give up a dream

new topics

top topics

join