It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before the Earthquake-Magnetic Field was Shaking?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think we have all been looking at the date of March 10, right before the Earthquake hit, of anything strange to be found going on.

Today Spaceweather says that a CME that hit Earth caused Earths magnetic field to 'shake' which continued through to March 11.

I have personally never read before about the magnetic field shaking. To me this is a new way to describe what the CME can do to our magnetic field.

Im sure there are several things that causes such a quake to finally give way...but I find that the dates of when the magnetic field began to shake to be 'something strange' that occurred prior to the quake.

The 'unbuckling' of the Earth around Japan was bound to happen...but maybe, just maybe, there were some triggers that also may of helped it all come unleashed.

Either which way...I still find the terms "Earth's magnetic field began shaking" an interesting way to describe how a CME effects Earth.

The geomagnetic storms of March 10th and 11th are subsiding. Earth's magnetic field began shaking on March 10th in response to a CME impact; the reverberations continued for more than 24 hours.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is a very intresting post and have heard of it being a magnetic field before.

I really do thing that we be seeing alot more of these type of earthquaks in a small spand of time. But of coarse we will see how the rest of this year goes and I hope that I am wrong but know that I am not.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I deal directly with earthquakes for emergency preparedness. I know of geoligist who are now looking at these solar flares a bit more closely. If it is solar flares, then NASA has been warning us for years of these solar storms set in 2011-2012. It might actualy explain these earthquakes other than people crying HAARP

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Greetings:

I believe you may find answers to some of your questions here.

Dodged a Solar Bullet

I hope this aids you in your research.

May your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential.

In Peace & Light
tfw

American Red Cross

Cometgate ! Elenin + 2005 YU55 + Nibiru

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

The Domino Effect of February 2011 - I Had a Dream About America's Future

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thanks for the information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't know what to say about this, I have been saying for a very long time that I believe most of the worlds catastrophic events right now are related to our current solar cycle and our magnetosphere (possibly even the galactic alignment) I have never heard of anyone say that the magnetic field was shaking, I wonder what that implies. I cannot claim to be an expert or well versed in the magnetosphere but I think I am beginning to understand the graphs/simulation pictures and all the fancy terminology they use on (solarcycle24.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok, I am seriously starting to get a little worried here. I watched the solar data video from March 10th-12th and you can clearly see that we are getting pummeled by solar winds. But NOT at the time of the quakes itself. What I noticed was odd was that there where several times of the the course of the 11th that the magnetic field was showing signs of lowered density on the internal portion (back side) of the where the sun hits with no heavy winds affecting the rest... I need to do some time comparisons and some calculations but something seems very off...

I also researched HAARP, so I could lay that to rest right away, and found a strange anomaly. The magnetometer was spiking at the time of the quake 05:46 UTC. Now I am not one of those people who thinks this is HAARP's doing, the keyword here is MAGNETOMETER spiking. Yet there is no correlating data on speed of winds/geomagnetic storm data/ or the inclination of a southward hit that would spell trouble from the sun...
edit on 14/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

Source
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25a785d2da00.png[/atsimg]
HAARP Magnetic Flux Meter (Before/During/After Quake)

edit on 14/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When looking at another Thread... I was turned onto a database of scientific papers. I was typing various keywords in to see if anything came up. I'm not sure what keyword I used to find this article... but it is interesting....

Solar wind triggering of geomagnetic disturbances and strong (M>6.8) earthquakes during the November – December 2004 period

In short it said that...

The KP Index, that quantifies the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0-9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm, is at a peak between 33-39 hours prior to a seismic event.

On March 9th around 2323 UTC there was an X1.5-class explosion from a large sunspot

Solar Storm

and the Big Japan earthquake was at 05:46:23 UTC, on March 11.....

8.9 Earthquake

roughly about 30 hours 23 minutes

As a new member I can't start a thread yet... but I was wondering about getting some of the experts on here relating to earthquakes and the experts on space weather... to put there heads together and see if this site can produce something beneficial for everyone in regards of possible educated guess of upcoming seismic events....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Leo star and flag !
Thse are the types of things I have been noticing also,there is a slight corelation after the solar flares hit within a 6 -50 hour window ,also it is in the receding end of the flares that the intensity increases,like magnetic rebound However another factor seems to be the moon ,the moon tends to be in a certain position relative to earth.
Scientists are aware and have been researching this for years but as yet a accurate prediction of where it will occur is the problem,they know within a general time window there will be some activity,and even then it is hit and miss,bit like touching a plasma ball in the science lab,although the plasma energies position is hard to predict, other than a fault or volcanic region..
Certainly the moon plays its function in the displacements and alterations concerning the earthquakes. Unfortunately the magnetosphere shaking is more problematic and is certainly another new anomaly to be figured out.Very interesting and ...LordIzod the link ,excellent.If you check my background thread i started a thread in jan 9th 2011 "Its official the earths cracking up"prior to earthquake
magnetosphere
earth is moving
This was a precursor on global cracking events and indicating global changes leading to more prenounced events in this year.March 19th-25st will be a interesting for global movements because of moons placement.
Pure brilliant Gringo

edit on 15-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have posted this a few times,but nobody seemed to care.
On the NICT real-time magnetosphere simulation,they have an archive of movies ,
kinda big files using Divx video codec.I can't load it on to ATS but can provide a
link to it.
Download 03/11/2011 and 03/10/2011 and watch the movie,paying close attention
to when the Japan earthquake hit,Ithink around 05:00 gmt. Then at about 18:00 gmt the earth gets slammed by a flare.
www2.nict.go.jp...

Now it may take awhile to download,but believe me it is worth it!!
edit on 15-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Also on 03/10/2011 we get hit by 2 solar flares,thinking maybe that could have triggered the earthquake.
edit on 15-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
so the earth and heavens were shakin?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Suppose good news the sun is quieting down again,but yet again the cycle is crawling which bafflingly will have our eminances scratching their heads again,oddness of the sun continues.Well.we will have some data then if a earthquake occurs without strong solar activity and believe me its very inactive.Although moon interaction may be implicated,if another quake of mega proportions pops.
Hope not.spaceweather.com...
solar activity graph
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be low with a chance of an M-class event from Region 1166 for the next two days (16-17 March). On day three (18 March) activity is expected to be very low with a chance for a C-class event. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet for the next three days (16-18 March).

Thanks gringo

edit on 16-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join