It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coup's rap album cover depicted 9/11 in June

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Coup's album cover art for "Party Music" was designed back in June 2001.

" Boots Riley, the guy in the forefront holding what looks like a detonator, explains his...unfortunate idea: "I came up with the idea with the photographer. We took the pictures on May 15, and we were done with it by the beginning of June. Any similarities are totally coincidental, and it was originally supposed to be more of a metaphor for destroying capitalism — where the music is making capitalist towers blow up. The politics of the Coup have more to do with the people organizing each other."

Since the album wasn't getting released until November of 2001, the band pulled the art from websites and created a new one after 9/11. When Pitchfork reported on the art change, they mentioned that "Riley had requested that the band be allowed to keep the artwork despite the terrorist attacks, but 75Ark would not allow it, calling the cover wholly inappropriate." The new image? A gasoline martini. "
- gothamist.com...

Oh yeah? Too many #ing coincidences lately I think but decide for yourself what you want to believe. Plus, look carefully at the explosions. Call me crazy but they kind of look like 2 planes hit the buildings a second ago.

Also compare with actual photo of the event:

Doesn't it seem odd that both in the actual event and in the album cover, one explosion impact zone is higher in elevation than on the other tower but relatively close to the tops?

Just read about this interesting "coincidence" from The Atlantean Conspiracy book, found here:
www.scribd.com...

Thought I'd share it since I couldn't find any posts about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yeah it isn't brought ever very often.

We have discussed this a few times in the past, although finding it may prove difficult.

I haven't seen it mentioned in like a year or two, so it has been a long time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Past events always seem to end up being portrayed in the media in some form or another. Through hidden dates, symbolism, story lines, metaphors, and other things. In this case, I could probably accept that is was just a coincidence as they aren't a real big name, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

A few days ago on the 9th, I was watching the Red Riding Hood movie commercial and right near the end it flashed "In 22 days" for a 1/4 to 1/2 second before going to the next frame which said "In 2 days"(when the movie actually comes out, March 11) and after that, "It Will Get Her". What's happening in 19 days that has anything to do with a movie that came out yesterday? So immediately after seeing it I flipped out my phone and counted what date that would be and it turns out its March 31.

CBS is supposedly airing a new show called Chaos April 1, and I don't know if any of you have seen the commercials for that but they're seldom and they're eerie. In one its just a blank white screen with the words "Chaos April 1st" in big black bold letters. That's it... No mention of it being a tv show, no CBS symbol, nothing. The other is similar the only difference is it says "Chaos Coming Soon". And they only play the commercials for about 5 seconds instead of the typical 30. Just a coincidence?

The new Simpsons episode three or four weeks ago began with the families necks being snapped before making it to the tv during the theme song. If you haven't noticed they always make it to the tv. This could be important if you consider that the Simpsons were designed to reflect the middle class American, in their stupidity as so many other shows do. During the show the numbers "325" were used. Could that maybe be 3/25/2011?

Theres so many more but I don't want to jack your thread. The point is to just keep those dates in mind and watch/listen to the media carefully. I shouldn't really have to say that as most people spend a 1/4 of their life watching tv. but sadly I do.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

First let me state I don't believe the OS, one bit. However, in this case, this is pure coincidence.

As someone who lived in the East Bay when The Coup was coming up, I can say quite confidently that they or anyone associated with the group had no foreknowledge of this event . . . nor are they "connected" in any way.

While they may have used the WTC towers, it's seems pretty clear (by the use of the batons) that it is an homage to the end of Fight Club.
edit on 3/12/11 by solomons path because: add

edit on 3/12/11 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar9

Thanks for pointing that out, I don't watch CBS and have not noticed anything in the Red Riding Hood commercial.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Next people are going to say Nintendo predicted September 11th in the 80's

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75cc10d14958.gif[/atsimg]

so a plane hits the WTC in Die Hard nintendo game in the 80's and people are actually claiming nintendo knew about the plan

talk about tinfoil headed morons

edit on 3/13/2011 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That guy who dreamed about Japan probably made it for them

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

The Coup might have known about the coming event. Does that mean EVERYONE ELSE knew about it? Including Nintendo? Certainly not. Or maybe Nintendo knew about it and the Coup didn't? Stop thinking in terms of ALL or NONE. What about SOME?

Thinking in shades of gray is more complex than 100% or 0% and it reflects the world we live in today more accurately than the all or none thinking that is forced on us by the media.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

While that album cover is quite creepy check out these two that were actually released on 9/11.

Slayer - God Hates Us All

en.wikipedia.org...

This one was recalled. I actually have a copy of it but that's not because I'm a Dream Theater fanboy but I ran across a rinky dink record store in Flagstaff a year later that still had it. This is the album cover from the DVD menu as the picture was clearer without the logo on top of it.

Dream Theater - Live: Scenes From New York

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Thanks for bringing that to us. Very strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
Next people are going to say Nintendo predicted September 11th in the 80's

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75cc10d14958.gif[/atsimg]

so a plane hits the WTC in Die Hard nintendo game in the 80's and people are actually claiming nintendo knew about the plan

talk about tinfoil headed morons

edit on 3/13/2011 by Cito because: (no reason given)

That's Nakatomi Plaza in LA, Same as in the movie not the WTC and that game is from 1991, not the 80's. Even more so the picture does not depict the plane crashing into the building but a bomb going off on the roof which was meant to destroy the Helicopter as it picked up hostages from the rooftop helipad. I just wanted to clear that up for you. Not trying to be a ______, but ......

1. I collect 8-bit NES games

2. Die Hard is imo on of the best Christmas movies ever
(For those who do not know the Movie takes place on Chirstmas Eve/Christmas).

AND most importantly ...........

3. Making up things to make fun of people and even more so to make them look foolish is stupid and in return just makes you look the fool. in the end. (Kinda like right now).

Remember to check your sources. Disinfo is dangerous and ignorant. Even more so when you are using it to make fun of people.

Link to a picture of the games box/cover . It is the same as the opening game screen shot above but more detailed etc.
www.coverbrowser.com...

That is all.

edit on 14/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling and some afterthought(s)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar9
reply to post by Topato

Past events always seem to end up being portrayed in the media in some form or another. Through hidden dates, symbolism, story lines, metaphors, and other things. In this case, I could probably accept that is was just a coincidence as they aren't a real big name, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

A few days ago on the 9th, I was watching the Red Riding Hood movie commercial and right near the end it flashed "In 22 days" for a 1/4 to 1/2 second before going to the next frame which said "In 2 days"(when the movie actually comes out, March 11) and after that, "It Will Get Her". What's happening in 19 days that has anything to do with a movie that came out yesterday? So immediately after seeing it I flipped out my phone and counted what date that would be and it turns out its March 31.

CBS is supposedly airing a new show called Chaos April 1, and I don't know if any of you have seen the commercials for that but they're seldom and they're eerie. In one its just a blank white screen with the words "Chaos April 1st" in big black bold letters. That's it... No mention of it being a tv show, no CBS symbol, nothing. The other is similar the only difference is it says "Chaos Coming Soon". And they only play the commercials for about 5 seconds instead of the typical 30. Just a coincidence?

The new Simpsons episode three or four weeks ago began with the families necks being snapped before making it to the tv during the theme song. If you haven't noticed they always make it to the tv. This could be important if you consider that the Simpsons were designed to reflect the middle class American, in their stupidity as so many other shows do. During the show the numbers "325" were used. Could that maybe be 3/25/2011?

Theres so many more but I don't want to jack your thread. The point is to just keep those dates in mind and watch/listen to the media carefully. I shouldn't really have to say that as most people spend a 1/4 of their life watching tv. but sadly I do.

I should also add a movie called "Sucker Punch" comes out 3/25 and the poster, and ad slogan is "You won't be prepared"
edit on 14-3-2011 by BlackStar9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar9

The Illuminati are masters of incorporating their worship/rituals/numbers in the movies they sponsor. I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

This is no coincidence my friend..

911 In Movies and Media Before September 11th

part 1

part 2

There are too many coincidences to be coincidental.

Most of those movies have the freemason floor..

edit on 15-3-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
The Coup's album cover art for "Party Music"

just a koinkadink. like the whole 9/11 event. a series of koinkadinks.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I think this is coincidence, Boots Riley would never be associated with any PTB, I do not think any of the links in your post is coincidence however.

My take on it would be 'psychic retrieval' from the subconscious, maybe Boots Riley had a dream that planted this suggestion in his subconscious.
It's quite ordinary for people to have psychic premonitions of huge and destructive events before they happen.. and sometimes we don't remember all of our dreams. Quite possible situation in my mind.

Happened with 9/11, happened with Estonia, happened with Japan, happened with the Gulf oil spill, probably happened with Katrina and it probably happened with all major wars waged through history.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

You have a point. A predictive dream is definitely possible. I myself have been dreaming things more and more in recent years that seem to relate to my daily life the next day in some way...

Like if I hadn't talked to a friend in a couple weeks or even months, I would dream that I would call him on the phone and the next day BAM, he calls me out of nowhere.

Tons of examples like this

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Yup, very possible in my opinion. Thing is, there's no way to really know, so I guess speculation is all we've got.
Definately intriguing 'coincidence' though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
As to the movie connections, I did note that Mel Gibson (in The Patriot) weighed his rocking chair ("Nine pounds, eleven ounces, perfect.") and then sat in it - then it collapsed. In Enemy of the State, the one character is announced to have been born on 09/11, and shortly thereafter his secret lair explodes and burns. How far back can we trace this stuff??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well, one 9/11 commissioner said it was a 30 year old conspiracy:

www.google.se...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join