It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Moving there UK based military planes? Something going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Today i was browsing my facebook and came across a friends link to the Military modes logs,

www.live-mode-s.info...

And the activity today seems to be quite alot of moving about?
Now im not big on what these kind of logs mean but thought there may be some interest to those here who do.

From what im aware this is quiet alot for one day, So i guess we have to look at the possible reasons?
A military man in the UK stated that he knows of no alert when asked by someone else who viewed these logs..

Other news about today is that US suspending relations with Libyan embassy in Washington according to AP news,

Well just thought i would throw this out to all of you and see what you think..

Asala x

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
isnt waddington near lincoln in the uk a usa base or usa pllanes based there ? am not to far from lincoln and not heard anything today.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So there is only really 3 good reasons I can see to move them.

To a new base/place
To use them soon
Possible falling out with the UK

What does everyone else think?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This almost looks like a 15 minute update for air traffic control. If the Base is a large one (?) and in strategic positioning(?). Then this could be routine air traffic.

Personally I work at a very small airfield, that doesn't have much traffic...but then there are still anywhwere from 10-100 landing here daily. Lots to keep in mind when thinking air traffic from military sources. ie. Pilot - crew profficiency flights to stay "qualified" on type. Unit profficiency. PPF's, and on and on.

Just 2 cents worth.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

preping for the no fly zone over Libya maybe....... after seeing them push the idea of a no fly zone yesterday all over the news.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
isnt waddington near lincoln in the uk a usa base or usa pllanes based there ? am not to far from lincoln and not heard anything today.

Waddington is an RAF base, home to the RAF E3 AWACS fleet.
Any movement of UK based US air assets would come from Lakenheath - F-15's - and Mildenhall with the tankers.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

ok cool ididnt. thanks for the info

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedevos1
preping for the no fly zone over Libya maybe....... after seeing them push the idea of a no fly zone yesterday all over the news.

Russia has already stated that US Intervention
in Libya is unacceptable.

This could get very dangerous
very quickly

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Might as well start the rumor here....They're going to get Wheelus AFB back...

new topics

top topics

join