It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First flower of the year.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is the first flower of the year that I've seen.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d36bb236e679.jpg[/atsimg]

It is so nice seeing this pop up seemingly over night. It's been such a hard winter this year seeing some of the biggest storms we've ever seen here in the US. One stretching from New York to Arizona.

With all the massive problems in the world from earthquakes, to volcanos, to the oil spill... it's nice to pause a moment and reflect how nature springs back every year.

I hope this brings a little light to your day.

piano

edit on 9-3-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This was the first flower in our yard this year. Crocus always make me smile.

edit on 9-3-2011 by lostsock because: pic was to big

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Gorgeous picture lostsock

I wish I had such a nice camera, i'm saving my pennies to get one soon I almost feel ashamed to post that picture from my cell phone camera. But it's the idea that's more important.

Maybe we'll get lucky and others will post their beautiful pics also. It would be nice to get a thread full of hope and beauty going on ATS to offset all the depressing topics here on ATS.

Great job!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Gorgeous picture lostsock

I wish I had such a nice camera, i'm saving my pennies to get one soon I almost feel ashamed to post that picture from my cell phone camera. But it's the idea that's more important.

Maybe we'll get lucky and others will post their beautiful pics also. It would be nice to get a thread full of hope and beauty going on ATS to offset all the depressing topics here on ATS.

Great job!

When you decide to purchase a high end camera, feel free to PM me and I'd me more than happy to go through the different SLR's with you, as well as my recommendations as a photographer. Great photo's people.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh such lovely flowers. I think my daffodils are about a week away from blooming. But they may surprise me. Sadly, last year the girls next door ripped up many of my flowers to decorate their fort, so I don't know if I'll get as many daffodils as I was used to having the past few years.

I'm also waiting on some violets to bloom, but my yard got churned into a mud pit recently, so if I get any violets that will be a happy surprise. If all goes well I'll have a bit of lawn flecked in purple.

Thanks for posting this thread. It's a nice break from reading of the earth ripping apart at the seems.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Thank you, I've got my mind set on a cannon, the only question is how much I'll spend... I'll either get a t2i, t3i, D60 or D7 depending on how painful I want to make my buying experience. I don't think I can go wrong with any of them.

cheers,
piano

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

lol, sorry to hear about the little girl redecorating... sugar and spice and all that, not so much to the poor flowers...

Hope Springs eternal

I'm glad I could bring a little light to your day.

piano

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Lovely pictures of the first flowers of spring, and a reminder that there is always beauty in the world.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OK, you southerner's are not helping!!!!! We still have snow! LOL actually, beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. It's just that spring fever is hitting really hard this year.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Daffodills, they are such a beautiful yellow.

Yellow and Pruple together, natures mix.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d08e3968133.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Beautiful, and it so makes me homesick for Kentucky.
We probably have another 4 weeks before the flowers
pop up. Thank you so much for sharing!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was very surprised to see blossom on the trees in the local park back in mid february! I live in the UK, can't say I've ever seen that early before.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Aarggh. We still have snow too. But I smell spring!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc8cd5eb2869.jpg[/atsimg]

Took this one in Ky last year.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My first flower is a Scorpion Flower, it is a light lavender with no special flare and so is often missed in the landscape.

It was a nice surprise to see it this morning!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thats beautiful.
Peony?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All the flowers are beautiful! I really cant wait for spring to finally get here. So until it does cant we just post pictures of last years flowers to cheer us up??? Everything is so drab outside a little spring color cant hurt
Plus Id enjoy seeing all the flowers everyone else has in their gardens.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great pic's , everybody .

You are all welcome to take a look at my Flickr Photostream.

www.flickr.com...@N03/5512594263/
edit on 9-3-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Feel free to.

It's nice to spread the good cheer. So refreshing after so much darkness. This winter has been deep and dark on so many fronts...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Thanks
I'll look but you need to fix the link. when you reply click "link" from above the box you type in. A popup window will open. Type something like "flicker link" in it then click ok and another window will pop up. Post the html of the link in this window then hit ok.

Hope this helps,
piano

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join