It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support our Troops? Shame on you America!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I always hear people saying -- and see their bumper stickers reading -- that we should “support our troops.”

I would like to address that little statement because I do not think a good majority of Americans really know what they are saying.

They are only jumping on the bandwagon and saying it simply because it is the right (maybe even the politically correct) thing to do without having any understanding or sincerity of what that really means and entails.

The purpose of the military, and the men and women who join those ranks, is to defend our freedoms and way of life under what our forefathers spelled out in The Constitution. Within this elite organization of professionals, they all have certain jobs to do and they do it without complaint or for recognition. It is something every member realizes and understands: Everything they do is for the security of America and its citizens.

That being said, in order for that concept to work and to really mean anything, it takes the whole country working together. With the state of affairs that the USA is currently in, it is quite obvious that no one is working together and each group has its own agenda, each going in a separate direction without a single common goal.

So how exactly does America support our troops? Let us look at it. We have allowed certain lobbyist groups control over what our elected officials do in office. We have set a precedence where we have laws telling laws what to do, we have allowed certain groups of individuals to bankrupt this country for their own personal gain, we have laws prohibiting certain actions simply because one group does not agree with it or it hurts their feelings, we have allowed our natural resources to be depleted, health care, and the list goes on, all of which pretty much ignores the fact that The Constitution actually exists.

Is this the American idea of how to support our troops? If this is what being an American really means, then every soldier who dies for this country, dies in vain, and sometimes they will even die so that just one individual can make millions.

Is this the America we wish them to come home to? To face battles that the American citizens should have been the ones fighting for them while they defend our freedoms? Is this how America repays their sacrifice?

This is not the America they signed up to die for.

Shame on you America!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Allowing two endless, goalless, unwinnable wars to continue just because there is no draft is the real insult to our troops...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Just to add - The fact that people are dying needlesly is the Single most disrespectfull thing to every Soldier in the second world war and now that has died, at least WW2 was a war worth fighting, Iraq is just a waste of good peoples lives

Also nobody should support the troops because that would be supporting the illegal war, However each and every man should pray that there is no more life lost over this Pointless money generating monstrocity, So Dont support the troops, Support the men behind the Uniform.
edit on 9/3/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thank you both for your comments. I saw a bumper sticker once. If you want to support a Veteran listen to one. I know it is sometimes difficult. I am female combat Veteran. Most people have a very hard time listening to me, they just don't buy my true story. Even with that yellow magnet on their car. I am an invisable solider because you would walk past and never suspect I served for many years (18) until disablement because of Iraq.

I was once flipped off by a motorist in the rain in a parking lot where I stopped to pick something up after grueling hours spent at the VA over my service connnected issues - when this man in a huge SUV would not yield to me in the rain as I tried to cross. I held my hands up Italian style like "Don't you see me fella" - HE FLIPPED ME OFF! As he speed by I looked at the back of the vehicle and there was his yellow ribbon magnet, sometimes it is a blessing I do not carry a conceled weapon. I had an urge to shoot that magnet off his vehicle. I am not a big woman but I think I could have taken him with the energy that produced.

I found that when/if I shared what really happened over there people would just shut down. Say what you will about the Wiki leaks - they validated me. There are plenty of ways to help a Veteran. Allowing one to just ramble on if they get started is the best way, and it doesn't cost anything.

Another way is to show support when they bury the troops, most especially if that Church shows up with the "God Loves Dead Soliders" sign. Pay attention to the losses. If one is local, drop a card to their survivors.
Ask Congress to bring the rest home.

It's hard for me now because it is an anniversary time. It kills me the price at the pump - we were supposed to make that better - weren't we?

Well let me end by saying just your consideration made a difference today to this troop.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree.. Spent 3 years in the Army, found out the truth about 2 years in, haven't looked back. Henry Kissinger was right maybe. "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."

Deebo

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The modern world is a far cry from the isolationist world of our forefathers.
Our freedoms are more dependent on what's happening elsewhere in the world now more than ever before.

The biggest reason the "support our troops" cry is loud, is that in the past, when Americans didn't agree with the government's choices in war, we took it out on our troops (i.e. Vietnam Vets), so this cry is to prevent that same kind of backlash with current unpopular brushfire wars. Simple as that.

Be angry at the government, and protest, etc....but DON'T take it out on those young men and women who are in the military. That's the real message of support the troops.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Unfortunately, people only look at the negatives of the military and they seem to think that the military needs to be shut down and disbanded. Without considering what would certainly happen if we did not have the military. What about the positives, well, during my term I saw a few things we did that were positive. During times at sea, we rescued pilots from a downed aircraft that crashed off the coast of North Carolina. We rescued a yachting team(Harvard I think it was) from a capsized boat that were trying to sail to Florida. We rescued refugees trying to reach the US in which the currents were taking them further out to sea. Sent a couple F-18s to take care of a few pirates.

While it was a great honor to serve this country and I still today stand behind that oath that I took, and would still die for my country and be willing to sacrifice myself to save others, and would even go back if they needed me. But on the flipside of that I cant help but feel that I will be damned if I put my life on the line protecting bankers and other sycophants so that they can continue to screw up my country and my fellow countrymen. If it were not for the corrupt politicians and corporate crooks, the military would probably not have the image that it has. This is the core of my rant, people are bitching moaning and groaning about how evil our military is, my reply to that is, get off your fat asses and fight these battles on the home front so the military does not have to go to some far off land to fight a cause that could have been prevented in some cases from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you don't want to stand behind our troops then my God, please stand in front of them and between them and the enemy !

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The modern world is a far cry from the isolationist world of our forefathers.
Our freedoms are more dependent on what's happening elsewhere in the world now more than ever before.

The biggest reason the "support our troops" cry is loud, is that in the past, when Americans didn't agree with the government's choices in war, we took it out on our troops (i.e. Vietnam Vets), so this cry is to prevent that same kind of backlash with current unpopular brushfire wars. Simple as that.

Be angry at the government, and protest, etc....but DON'T take it out on those young men and women who are in the military. That's the real message of support the troops.

Well than we could say the same about the police right? Its not their fault that many are corrupt. I am sorry but anyone too stupid to turn on a computer and do some research is an idiot. We can say the same about politicians, they are being controlled and are idiots for the most part, so lets not get mad at them, its not their fault. Egypt's troops aren't as dumb as ours. Why are you giving clemency to wrong dooers and saying it isn't their fault?

Deebo

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I too saw sickening things done by degenerates with rank while in the usmc. people are truly blind and to many ignorance is bliss. and enything that threatens their personal paradigm results in shooting the messenger.
most people fit the following category and unfortunately majority rules-- most people are small-town (mentally)hicks who have never been anywhere, done anything, or seen anything.

I think that if the govt took better care of us service connected disabled vets then not one penny would need to be spent on recruiting. the recruiting side costs alot of money, why not take better care of us and we would do the recruiting for free.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

if a person signs up to die for America they don't need to be in the military, they need counseling. a delusional hero mind is better off not playing with weapons.

this 'thank a veteran' brainwash may be valid for some vets, long ago. keep believing you are fighting for someones freedom if it makes you feel good but I don't buy it. I would be more thankful for someone who could get through to our young people and explain to them how we are all manipulated with pride, patriotism and heroics by government whether you live in the USA, Canada or Russia. but it carries 10X weight in the USA because the Puppet Masters delight in sending our youth to die in wars we don't belong in and can't afford, and they do this as often as possible. I've had so many young people in our family go and serve and it kills me inside. They really believe they will be helping someone and making a difference. They don't come home happy about what they saw and did.

I'd like someone to explain how I'm walking around 'free' in the USA because American boys & girls killed and were killed & crippled in Korea, Viet Nam, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etcetera. Thank a veteran for going out of their way to harm people and very possibly be harmed? No, thank you. Don't do that for me. Please, stay home in the USA, go to school or get a full-time at the Post Office. I'd rather see you sell pot for a living than using weapons against people you don't even know in some shiat-hole country thousands of miles away.

But I tell you what: If I were Top Banana of America I would damn well make sure that those who served would serve in a just military, not in a war-machine running bloody errands for fat cats in corporate to profit by when they rape the land of natural resources for profit. I would strive to have enough jobs so that thousands of youths would not feel the military is their only chance at employment or a trade. I would prioritize our veterans to be treated like the heroes they are: housing at low cost, reduced or no taxes, free education. It is a damn shame the way this country treats its vets and that makes me sad. When someone is brave enough to defend our borders and shorelines they should reap the rewards. Be damned if I would send our boys & girls into foreign territory unless I damn well fully intended to conquer that land, plant the American flag and flip the bird to the rest of the world when they balked.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Im a vet of the usmc and uscg.. don't support the troops.

your reasoning for supporting the troops stems from the past when men were DRAFTED!! and made to go fight.. yes support them..

BUT DON"T support a bunch of war criminals by proxy who signed up VOLUNTARILY to abuse foreign people in their own land. they are no better than the heshins of history.. if a man is too stupid to see what is really going on and blindly follows corrupt orders is he any less guilty of engaging in unethical acts.

kinda like if someone was lied to and told to hurt someone else because..would they be any less guilty than someone who knew they were being lied to but went along with it willingy for personal gains?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I use to be a person who said "I don't support the war, I support the troops" but I realized over time that even that was hypocrisy. I don't suppor the war, I don't support the troops.

Thursday does a great song about it: Friends in the Armed Forces.

Lyrics

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

you are all talk!! you say you stand behind your oath to defend the constitution really? then you should be the one who stands up to the evils no? if you know who and what is bad/wrong why don't you do something about it, oh yeah that might upset your fishbowl.

everyone who joins the military is an ENABLER of evil!!

everyone who joins does so for personal gain whether it be their pride, their sense of feeling they are making the world better, gi bill, 20 and done paycheck forever, or simply can't find work elsewhere.

i too took the oath more than once. usmc and uscg.. both honorable discharges btw..I even am a serv connected disabled vet. but i do understabd I participated in doing some evil things but since i have a soul i will never do it again.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

It is not exactly the military to blame in most cases, and I do not intend to imply that the military is without faults and not in need of any improvement. However, the military takes its orders from the president like it or not and must take the good with the bad, and the president takes his orders from the TPTB. The point I am trying to make is, if we could tear down the infrastructure of greed then the military would not be put in a position to do the evil things that it does. I do not blame the military in its entirety, I blame the corruption that puts our men and women in harms way by using them as tools to enable their endgame. Yes, "for national security" is a phrase that is overused and it is the citizens responsibility to take some action as well. I am just saying that the military is a necessary evil, just like cell phones, but we must find that balance to hold things together.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Why are you giving clemency to wrong dooers and saying it isn't their fault?

To which are you referring, the military, or the American people at large?

The military follows orders, but yes, they do have a moral obligation to question those orders if they violate boundaries. The American public is too busy trying to put food on the table to take an active interest in government. Sad, but true.

As for Egypt's troops...you don't seriously believe these uprisings just "happened" because people were finally fed up, do you? No...there is definitely some organization behind this, and some very influential people pulling the puppet strings. This kind of thing takes planning, communication, coordination, and intel.

Oddly, I don't think we're behind it...(we're simply not that good at it, never have been, ESPECIALLY in that region)...which is what frightens me even more about it... If we're not...WHO is?

Someone who'd be happy with Shiite leadership, that's who...and those folks aren't exactly our buddies. Spooky, really....

your reasoning for supporting the troops stems from the past when men were DRAFTED!! and made to go fight.. yes support them..

A valid point...but yeah, we still bear our parents' generation's shame at how they were treated after that war. I'm a military brat myself, with my father in the Army, then the USCG, then in the defense industry long after (still is, in fact)....so hard for me to not support them, I guess. Grew up in that mindset.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

i bet we are very much alike in many ways, but please allow me to "split hairs" for a moment.

we who took the oath are in an indefinite state of cowardice (myself included) in that we are brave enough to follow orders and risk our lives, yet too scared for some reason to use the same bravery against those that we KNOW are the ones pushing the "necessary evils"..
so many veterans have realized who the real enemy is and yet somehow we can't find out where the elites live and destroy them and their heirs? i am grasping at straws also on this point.

imagine how many recon trained guys there are amongst us. i wish there was some way to form a fed up veteran, love our country patriots type A-team.. our numbers are so MASSIVE, YET WE LACK A NETWORK.. this may go down as the biggest blunder in history. we have all the tools and knowledge at our disposal and yet we haven't found a way to fight the elites. while they chemtrail us, bankrupt us, braiwash our children, we all sit and wish there was something we should do..

internet being monitored-BE DAMNED- i for one am ready to network and start a coalition of the willing. level headed, fed up veterans!!

best wishes to you and every patriot on ats,, we are the ones who must confront TPTB/NWO/global royalty/etc

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's funny that people think TPTB want people to be poor and unhappy.
Just the opposite. Happy, satisfied people are a lot less likely to revolt. I highly doubt the downslide of world economies is a PLANNED thing.... It simply wouldn't benefit them...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think our troops should be supported in every possible way. They are after all, ostensibly, putting their lives on the line for our safety.

Supporting the blunderous (probably not a real word) missions that they been sent on is an entirely different thing. To really support them means that we should fight to prevent them being put into harm's way for B.S. and the personal gain of a few. Bring them home, let them protect us, rather than the personal interests of greedy old psychopaths. Spoken from experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by Skewed

imagine how many recon trained guys there are amongst us. i wish there was some way to form a fed up veteran, love our country patriots type A-team.. our numbers are so MASSIVE, YET WE LACK A NETWORK.. this may go down as the biggest blunder in history. we have all the tools and knowledge at our disposal and yet we haven't found a way to fight the elites. while they chemtrail us, bankrupt us, braiwash our children, we all sit and wish there was something we should do..

I believe that would be called a militia. However, instead of violence, I would rather just strip them of every thing they own and put them on the street and without a source of income. At that point, their future is up to them.

The who, is the problem and we may never know, but maybe Anon could help us out with that.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join