It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an Alien Invasion bring World Peace?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
I think that if this did happen then yes we would HAVE to put all differences aside and join forces. Would be weird though...Fighting alongside your former enemies. I think that after an event such as this we would either have world unity, or we would be a smouldering rock of dust after being obliterated.

Reminds me of this scene from animatrix where all the humans come together to fight the machines.

Cool stuff

ya sure that's going to happen, most likely one nation will make a deal with the aliens for technology and to be spared and fight along the aliens against the rest of the world.

then the rest of the world would nuke that nation, but most likely alien spacecraft in orbit would be able to detect icbm's and neutralize them before they hit the treasonous nation.

so overall the word invasion doesn't exactly bring visions of peace and good tidings.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There will be no world peace if this happens.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Oh my god, I love you for doing this thread. I can really see that you have poured your heart and soul in doing this, you've done a great deal of rezerch to show us n00bs what you are thinking.

Great thread S&F!!!

I'll have to read it laterz though sins it's pretty longcat is long.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonposzter

ROFL wow. I love you to. Please....Come again!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Would an Alien Invasion bring World Peace?

Originally posted by cabuki
I always thought about this...

What if aliens attacked the earth,

nope, it would bring about world war, i would not consider it peace just because it was not a human enemy.
assuming we win, which there would be no gaurentee, eventually when things start getting back to normal so will the conflict, disagreements and manufactored wars to ferther who evers agenda at the time, they are just human nature, although not all humans nature, but at least half of them if they ever get in the postion to do so.

so yes if we win, for a breif period. other than that, no.
edit on 9-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki
I always thought about this...

What if aliens attacked the earth, and we were forced to ban together in order to fight back. Would this be the one thing that could unite all humans as a collective race? I think it could be. Ive always thought that if this happened, most people would forget about our stupid differences, and join together in order to protect mother earth. Would this be something that could be sustained? maybe not? I wanted to get other views from ATS members, Since i think this is where the smartest people on the net reside! Its always fun reading others opinions

I was thinking about this throughout the day;
I have come up with multiple ideas on the scenario, which is: aliens invade, the world unites.

There are a variety of outcomes to such an event:
con:
1]aliens invade with bad intentions, all human nations unite to resist.

2]aliens invade with bad intentions, some humans want to join the aliens, some want to fight; global war over control breaks out.

3]aliens invade with bad intentions; enslave all of humanity

4]aliens invade with bad intentions; wipe out all of humanity

pro:
5]aliens invade with good intentions; TPTB misguide the people into WAR to gain power; TPTB succeed and the aliens are turned away

6]aliens invade with good intentions; TPTB misguide the people into WAR; the aliens liberate the people, provide a new way of sustainable life/space travel/advancement.

aliens might invade, or they might not.
aliens might exist, or they might not.

we won't know until it happens.

I'm sure there are many many many more scenarios that could play out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yup, cough cough ha
edit on 9-3-2011 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Very tough question to answer and lots of valid points throughout the thread so far.

IF they came to save us from ourselves and trust me we really DO need saving I think it would depend on how they contained us and how they dealt with us. Man being a non trusting destructive vessel would initially rebel in most cases ie the line in Independence Day where the news reporter asks Los Angelino's to stop shooting at the space ships.

Fear would play a huge part for many, that level of sudden change would be incredibly hard to accept for many who's lives have been lived in a routine closeted way. Religion is the one area I fear would be the worst enemy in all this, I can see many of these religions refusing to accept people who could technically be our actual creators or those that they have called gods all this time actually turning up. Would they accept them or do what they do best, shoot and ask questions later?

Again, how they contain and dealt with us is the most important part, if they had the ability to constrain those that turned against them it would depend on how that was done. Zapping them with a laser and leaving a pile of dust just might not work for the rest of us looking on

Peace could come but not quickly if at all, humans are an untrusting race, its our nature to question and not take things at face value, sadly as much as it's a wonderful trait its also a nasty side effect thrust upon us by ourselves because many people would cr*p on you for a dollar.

Me, I'd love a good race to come here and rescue us from ourselves, we really are still the same savages we came from for the most part, we need to be re-educated, have our minds stripped of all the foulness that we have learned, we simply need to be reborn without the crippling depravity we have learned and endured.

Me, I'd be happy for that but those with power would not wish to relent it so peace would be fragile at best...
edit on 10-3-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychedelicSam
The aliens are very loving. Humans are much more terrifying than aliens.

The aliens created us. They told me they're coming in 2012.

There's a History Channel documentary called Ancient Astronaughts. It's on Youtube, but on Youtube it's called 'Ancient Aliens 2012'. It shows proof for aliens being on earth for hundreds of thousands of years. Deffinaltly worth watching.

After watching that, check out this website www.acern.com.au... and click on Conferences.

Aliens are real and they are coming. Accept it

How do you KNOW aliens are very loving?
How do you KNOW they created you?

There's no "proof" in the documentary you refer to. That documentary takes some well spread speculation as a starting point and tries to show nice pictures to illustrate. It's full of speculation (which is fine if one wants to start exploring possibilities), a lot of crap and no proof at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

I think the biggest obstical to "world peace" is religion. If an invasion were to clearly undermine the major religions of the world, we might have a shot a decent span of peace time in the aftermath. Unfortunately religions are also the greatest source of denial in the human species and thus, the underpinnings of these belief systems is impossible to "disprove" as "faith" can be invoked to counter literally anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If aliens attacked us, the world would not be at peace.... then we'd all die. so the would would have peace after. but we'd all be dead.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No I don't think it would.
I don't think people would think globally under such a threat but locally.
It might make you get on better with your immediate neighbours in such an emergency but it would happen under any type of catastrophe or calamity like a flood, earthquake etc. not just an alien invasion.
And even then, knowing the people I know, after about a week they'd just go back to their usual programming.
I think it's nice to think it would happen, but I think in reality it wouldn't unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Everyone seems to have varied views of just what exactly is the phenomenon of Aliens. Thought I might add some food for thought.
First of all, I am a born-again Christian and I believe that in this world there will be no universal peace until the Prince of Peace returns.
As far as warfare is concerned with other worldly beings, we have been given insight regarding the hiearchy in which these "Alien" beings exist. These beings are not flesh and blood.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12
It is my understanding that not only is it needful to be concerned with spiritual wickedness in high places, but also the rulers and those at their bidding that exist in the darkness of this earth (only one way to look at it). The Abyss is also called The bottomless pit. And, out of the Abyss will come transgenic evil beings.
Unless those days be shortened, no flesh would be saved. But, for the elects sake those days will be shortened.

It is my belief that this subject must be discussed with the biblical view included. None of us know all things. And, I would hope that my viewpoint would be respected as others desire their viewpoints to be treated.

My further viewpoint includes the fact that the authority and dominion over the earth that was given to the recipients in the Garden of Eden was relinquished to a supernatural being that is like a five star general over his hiearchy. And, he will do any and everything in his power to discredit The Almighty God and he will fight with any and everything in his arsenal knowing that he has but a short time before he, himself is chained for a thousand years, during the Prince of Peace's physical reign in the earth.

The Prince of Darkness is also called, the prince and power of the air and he commands the beings who fly.

My warning to all! Be not deceived by strong delusions and believe not the lie that we were seeded here by THEM! They do not have our best interest in their evil hearts. Otherwise, many would not be traumatized even as we speak as their DNA is havested along with plants and animals so that they can fashion themselves bodies so as to manifest in our physical existence, just as they did as recorded in Genesis 6. And, as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when the son of man returns.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

If aliens were to invade our planet I do believe that it would unite the world, atleast for the time beeing. If we were to defeat these aliens, people would just continue where they left of : killing each other in the name of religion, taking advantage of other people to gain power and of course there will always be those people who want to have more power and wealth than anyone else.

My point is, an alien invasion would unite us for some time but people will still be greedy, people will still steal,cheat and lie...it's part of our humanity.
edit on 10-3-2011 by ThisPlaceIsDifferent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
according to Henry Kissinger it would bring world peace , i believe their is a video out their some where ,to witch he sates this , ill have to do some searching and see if i can post it

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i think if we had ships hovering over the earth the people of this world would band together & fight as 1,it's human instinct to fight back if your under threat.
maybe thats the only way to get peace in this world is for something from above attacking us.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi!
I don't actually think that aliens will attack Earth.
I think they will come in peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Considering it would only take one ufo to destroy the whole planet i doubt an alien invasion would bring world peace.
If they really wanted to they could destroy everything but they dont.
The power of advanced technology is beyond comprehension.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thats the plan of the NWO so don't fall for it! only we can bring about peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
Hi!
I don't actually think that aliens will attack Earth.
I think they will come in peace.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join