It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching my dog die from cancer: For advanced self sufficiency experts only

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

Dutchie went peacefully to his maker today, He wouldnt eat or drink since this morning and his eyes told me that it was time for him to go on to what's next. He had a good day yesterday, a little party with friends and seemed happy and reasonably lively and eating a bit, but this morning he started puking bile.
He was a most noble dog, I recall a time one very early spring where I took him to work in my hatchback and sometime while I was inside,he found a 2 pd tube of hamburger that had been accidently left in the back of the car from grocery shopping the evening before. When I came out to see him, walk and water him during lunch. I found he had carefully taken the plastic wrapped tube of hamburger from the back and placed it on my drivers seat, intact except for the 4 dimples in the plastic wrap from his canine teeth. Tell me he wasnt an incredible dog.
And of course he had hamburger that day.
Hope he's at that rainbow bridge when I get there.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

For such a short time do our dogs come into our lives. They chew through our lives (and shoes) with their antics, their winsome expressions, their forgiveable misbehavior and outstanding examples of what it is like to love without giving up...would that we could feel and act towards those of our own species like these furry noble companions do for us.

Celebrate the memories of which you have many (as example given!). The rescues are the most rewarding. Make a collage of every photo, put together and hang it as a memorial to your joy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah, well we're in the market for another substantial male rescue rott here in mittenland to keep our girldog company. Must like running free, having the run of the house, trips to the beach and swimming in the surf, a cute young (fixed) girl dogfriend that likes to nip and hind legs and car rides. Having had a murder take place a block down the street this dont dissuade either. Section 8sters hate rotts regardless of temperment.
Todah for the positive waves, friend,and best regards to you and yours. From one insufferable know it all to another
edit on 13-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: Because I frikken wanna

new topics

<< 1   >>

join