It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soho 08.march 2011 - big eruption will hit earth in 2-3 days?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

comment from spaceweather

FAST CORONAL MASS EJECTION: A coronal mass ejection (CME) exploded from the vicinity of sunspot 1164 during the late hours of March 7th. It leapt away from the sun traveling ~2200 km/s, making it the fastest CME since Sept. 2005. A movie of the cloud prepared by Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab shows a possibly substantial Earth-directed component. This CME and at least one other could brush against Earth's magnetic field on March 9th or 10th. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

edit on 9-3-2011 by borutp because: adding info about the video

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So do you have ANYTHING to say about this? Maybe you are still typing something up and just haven't added it yet, but you need to say something.

Anyone can just post a video.

There have been several threads regarding this recent up-swing in the suns activity. So far,I do not believe there is anything major expected to hit the earth. Do you have information that says otherwise, or is new??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
have you seen that happen before? It looks like the sun is spewing a lot of junk out!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It is from soho - yesterday...and it looks to me like a big eruption...it ussually takes 2-3 days from eruption to hit the earth....

source : soho

eruption
edit on 9-3-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Just some advice before some ridicule you for it, it is common practice here to supply some background info and any supporting articles/links to the OP.

Especially something of this nature that could have an impact here on earth.

There is a TON of info out there available on this matter. Rather than just taking a guess at it which WILL lead to wild speculation, how about adding any officiall report from NASA, providing a snippet and link to the article?

By now, there will be a report on the size of the flare/CME, whether it is earth directed and the estimated time of arrival.

I would do it for you, but this is not my thread and I don't have the time right now.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Check out the vid from SOHO/STEREO:

spaceweather.com...

This was from sunspot 1164 which is almost out of site from us now. Damn that is a quick burst.

edit on 9-3-2011 by 5 oClock because: To Edit!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by borutp

There is a TON of info out there available on this matter. Rather than just taking a guess at it which WILL lead to wild speculation, how about adding any officiall report from NASA, providing a snippet and link to the article?

By now, there will be a report on the size of the flare/CME, whether it is earth directed and the estimated time of arrival.

I added info to OP....ok?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know today is the last cycle of the mayan calendar, the cycle of unity.
As Nibiru draws closer, the sun is only going to become more lively but it is nothing to fear because it is simply a natural process.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by borutp

Just some advice before some ridicule you for it, it is common practice here to supply some background info and any supporting articles/links to the OP.

Especially something of this nature that could have an impact here on earth.

I would do it for you, but this is not my thread and I don't have the time right now.
OMG give the guy a break , what's wrong with u people , be glad he informed u and posted the soho material, if you want further details go search

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

SOL is charging up to wish EA a happy birthday........
S&F those are high energized.
edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
have you seen that happen before? It looks like the sun is spewing a lot of junk out!

It's a CME - a Coronal Mass Ejection. They happen all the time, and even though the profile image of this one is impressive, it's not really all that large. For instance, here's one from 2003, from the end of the last solar cycle: CME
It's also hardly noteworthy as far as its effect on Earth is concerned. When you see a CME like this, in profile, it's a safe bet that not much of it is Earth-directed.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
As Nibiru draws closer, the sun is only going to become more lively but it is nothing to fear because it is simply a natural process.

So is being delusional...

apparently!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yets777

"if you want further details go search"

uhh, dude, that's the point of posting a thread - to provide said details. Westcoast was being kind by giving a warning, some posters get eaten alive for not providing enough info. If you're going to post a thread, back it up with links & info, otherwise what's the point?

doesn't matter anyway as OP added more

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by yets777

"if you want further details go search"

uhh, dude, that's the point of posting a thread - to provide said details. Westcoast was being kind by giving a warning, some posters get eaten alive for not providing enough info. If you're going to post a thread, back it up with links & info, otherwise what's the point?

doesn't matter anyway as OP added more
My bad , i read it after the edit and thought the post was sufficient to start a thread .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nibiru? Hmmm,. I have never heard of this thing,.
What photo proof do you have of this thing and what is it,.
Or are you basing the Nibiru thing on internet hearsay?
How does it affect the sun?
Why does it affect the sun?.
Where is this thing now..
Please show me so I can find it with my telescope

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

wow thanks for that pic just wow showed me how BIG this cme actully was

syar from me thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Nibiru? Hmmm,. I have never heard of this thing,.
What photo proof do you have of this thing and what is it,.
Or are you basing the Nibiru thing on internet hearsay?
How does it affect the sun?
Why does it affect the sun?.
Where is this thing now..
Please show me so I can find it with my telescope

Yes please do! so me and my dad can search for it with his 17 inch astrograph, and a 6 inch takashi telescope riding piggy back. Please, show me your nibiru, or atleast provide some co-ordinates

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
another one yesterday - today...

X-FLARE: March 9th ended with a powerful solar flare. Earth-orbiting satellites detected an X1.5-class explosion from behemoth sunspot 1166 around 2323 UT. A movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory shows a bright flash of UV radiation plus some material being hurled away from the blast site:

Spaceweather report...

Do you think this recent activity results in the quakes arround the world?

7.2 japan yesterday...a few 5.6 in Asia today ?

10.03.2011 00:50:11 5.6 Asia Japan Sakihama
10.03.2011 07:05:28 5.6 Asia China Jiucheng

and

Major Fish Kill in California ?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
not sure if this is connected but here in SW UK there has been major chemtrailing since yesterday, and major air activity, I know a fair bit of aircraft and these sound like very big planes, engine sounds for each 3 mins plus though never visible, certainly not the average Hercs etc. and even though close to 3 RAF bases this activity has certainly increased. Also very high winds today.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join