It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Procreation will Doom the Earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Oh go to China! I am sorry to be simple minded about it But that statement about 2 child policy is absolutely out of control. I am sorry that triggers me.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

-blinks-

not sure if your trying to be silly or what.

your initial numbers pointed surface of earth and population

the surface of the earth is what, 75-80% water?

I personally dont want to live in the middle of the pacific ocean..too drafty.

So, that leave 20% of the earths surface left to populate

Lets then consider things like vast deserts, frozen tundras, and the like

you will see that 5 acres will start rapidly shrinking per person once you start adding in actual uninhabitable zones.
I have no clue what you were doing with the LA example as it was about as relevant as discussing how to make a perfect egg salad sandwich.

Now, we can still have plenty of people on the planet...hell, we can probably stack up 40-50 billion people

problem is the whole people like to eat thing
next problem is, people tend to drive around burning fossil fuels and choke up the atmosphere while doing it.

If your not going to address the problem, but instead create strawmen arguments, its best to simply not weigh in.

Personally, I am a fan of overpopulation. It may stoke the fires of innovation and allow us to achieve massive breakthroughs in science out of necessity..such as space travel, nanotech material construction, etc...aka, star trek stuff.
I would love a work 50 billion strong living peacefully with nature as our technology counters any negative effects on the environment.
If the world was half a billion, there would be no emergency driving of technology to advance...people would be happy with a wasteful 1920s existance..lets just hope tech increases fast enough to offset population booming.

<< 1   >>

join