It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Procreation will Doom the Earth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes my friends, after much pondering over numerous Gin & Tonics. I , BMT , have come to the conclusion that the "sexual activity of conceiving and bearing biological offspring" will eventually annihilate this planet.

Do the math.....

If a few people walk in the woods a cute trail will eventually manifest, if more people join in you we see multiple beaten paths, add more people and all you'll have is a field of dirt that nothing grows on .

The act of procreation seems to be out of control, especially in the most religious and poorest regions on Earth. I don't need to tell the bright minds here what over population brings to the table. Nothing good can come out of this act of sexual gratification & selfishness. Not a damn thing.

I don't have any kid, let alone multiple kids. I respect mother nature too much my friends.

Ladies, take heed to my words of wisdom, you can stop this rampant overpopulation whenever you desire.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Are you saying that sex will ruin me? That I shouldn't do it.
Go wash your mouth out with soap sir that is Blasphemy!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

Ladies, take heed to my words of wisdom, you can stop this rampant overpopulation whenever you desire.

You may have just opened a can of worms you will not be able to close with this comment.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Greetings,

The presentation may leave something to be desired, BUT, unfortunately it's true.

And the biggest promoters of over population are religions, governments and industrialists.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The surface area of the Earth is 148,940,000 Km^2 (Land only)
en.wikipedia.org...

The population of the Earth is 6,904,683,910 (as of March 9th 2011)
www.census.gov...

equals

0.02 square Kilometers per person

converting that to Acres we get

5.33 Acres per person

I'm sorry, but my analysis
gives me zero reason
to start throwing
mud pies at
religion.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah well the other side of the argument was not presented. What if we all lived like monks and we were not selfish and greedy. What if we gave back to the earth and didn't act like a parasite. woukld you over populatiners think differently?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Does your calculations also take into account the areas that are not fit for habitation?

If not, recalculate, as this would have an effect on the numbers you posted.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Why don't more people adopt instead of having their own???

When complacent people are the majority then its very easy to turn your back on the rest of the world.

Thats the funny thing about freedom....you are free enough to be as self-entitled as you want and free to be as complacent about it as you want as well.

I have made the choice of never having kids.
As far as overpopulation goes...I don't think we are as overpopulated as much as we are undermanaged.
Theres no logical reason to me why we can't feed the world.
Food shortages should also have a second meaning....brain shortage.
Ok rant over.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

[color=deepskyblue]
Really?

So the times that I have gotten pregnant, I should have been able to "stop" it? Ladies, as you put it, don't get pregnant by themselves. Men are just as much to "blame" as the women are when it comes to pregnancy.

Your closing comment is rude and completely out of line. You didn't even provide any sources to back up your theories in your OP, which automatically makes your thread less than credible in my opinion. As they say on ATS,"proof or it didn't happen".

Your "words of wisdom" are nothing more than an opinion.

If you do not have children, you cannot possibly understand how amazing they are. I wouldn't trade them for anything in this universe. They are my life, they are everything. I didn't know what love was until I had them. They have taught me more than any class room or any experience I have had in my life. They have given me so much and I would do anything for them. I will not apologize for bringing them into this world.
edit on 9-3-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Does your calculations also take into account the areas that are not fit for habitation?

If not, recalculate, as this would have an effect on the numbers you posted.

Seriously.

I have to _teach_ statistics now, too?
You know what, forget that.
I'm not a tutor, and this
challenge does not
come with pay.

So I'm a fire back.

Ok, remove the "not fit for habitation", lets do that. Yes.

There are 10,000,000 people living in Los Angeles County.
Seeing as the definition of "not fit for habitation" is not defined.

148,940,000 Km^2
minus 10,570
= 148,929,430 Km^2

6,904,683,910 people
minus 10,393,185
= 6,894,290,725

or 5.337933 square Acres each.

OMG that's the same number as the
5.33 square Acres originally given.

Funny how, by rounding off
the entire land area,
the entire population of LA
can just disappear into the numbers.

AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT

we, you, I...
what we are talking about here
are metrics on a PLANETARY scale.

P...L...A...E...T...A...R...Y scale. (had to say it slower the second round)

For every place that no one wants to live
there are a thousand people who don't want to live alone.

Look at it this way.

Joe Public is a member of a household of 4.
His two parents, and his sister.

Each one lives 5.33 acres away from each other.
That is what the numbers show.

If anyone moves in with ANYONE else
that frees up another 5.33 acres.

The problem is not the population.
It is the concentration of people into tiny areas
that are mostly desert,
and have to bring water in from other states,
because they all saw a movie
and wanted to move to California
that is the problem.

...and that's just one example.

:|
David Grouchy

edit on 9-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Not if the Harvest is done properly over correct time frames...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Here,
this is what is really happening.

This explains the
    housing bubble
    stock market crash
    loss of social security monies
    and
    Imigration

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I have to _teach_ statistics now, too?

[color=deepskyblue]
Does this mean that I can enlist your help when I take statistics this fall??

On topic:

I wonder what percentage of the land on this planet is considered habitable?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I hope TS is right. we deserve it

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just watched part 1 again.

I forgot how awesome
this documentary is.

:|
David Grouchy

edit on 9-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Over-consumption, waste, materialism and apathy toward the environment should be addressed before population woes. It is not only a matter of the size of our population in regards to sustainable resources. It is also a matter of how those resources are used. Americans throw out 40% of all food, for instance. Source
But that fact doesn't really get any play. To me, that is far more egregious than procreation.

My family is very environmentally conscious. We grow our own vegetables, compost, reuse, recycle, conserve, buy second-hand and make a concerted effort to buy locally. To say that my family is frugal would be a gross understatement. I can think of dozens of single people I know that consume WAY more that my family does.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Not if the Harvest is done properly over correct time frames...

The culling is in stage 2.0

edit on 9-3-2011 by Better Mouse Trap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The act of procreation seems to be out of control, especially in the poorest regions on Earth.

Well, here we go - fight poverty!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes my friends, after much pondering over numerous Gin & Tonics. I , BMT , have come to the conclusion that the "sexual activity of conceiving and bearing biological offspring" will eventually annihilate this planet.

Do the math.....

If a few people walk in the woods a cute trail will eventually manifest, if more people join in you we see multiple beaten paths, add more people and all you'll have is a field of dirt that nothing grows on .

The act of procreation seems to be out of control, especially in the most religious and poorest regions on Earth. I don't need to tell the bright minds here what over population brings to the table. Nothing good can come out of this act of sexual gratification & selfishness. Not a damn thing.

I don't have any kid, let alone multiple kids. I respect mother nature too much my friends.

OVERPOPULATION IS A MYTH: overpopulationisamyth.com...

The overpopulation myth has been used by the elite to get us to ask for population control. What do you think they'll do when we ask for it? They'll give it in ways you weren't expecting.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

A simplistic analysis. Not all of that land is arable, and that assumes all land goes to people, which is quite selfish. That would mean that everything will be "civilized".

OP is absolutely right, the population is out of control. Each country should be given a maximum limit of people it can have, based on the amount of arable land it has, with a little extra given to the smallest of countries. A 2 child policy should be implemented. This stabilizes the population. Vouchers for extra children could be given based on merit (so we don't have retards with 50+ kids).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join