It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery's payload bay picture clearly shows a reflection of a hand(s) ring

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

could he be behind a window, shooting out? Crazy pic.. Nice find

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by warlok

Yup, I'm with you on this one. Looks like it's shot through a window. I have to say it's a beautiful shot though. The colours are fantastic. I hope to see more great shots like this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OMG! is it just me or is the Earth upside down!! You'd think people would fall off of an upside down Earth!

And how come we don't see any stars!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Very strange, nice find.

Not sure how to explain it though.

I know! I know! It is the hand of God with his handy digital Canon camera recording--what not a video camera?-- that last flight for his scrapebook! Surely, he wants to remember it, and since he is very old, his memory probably ain't what it used to be. We can see that daily as he has let the world go to pot with sin and evil on every side, why just yesterday.....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

i actually thought it was god taking a picture with his digital camera. but then i realized if it were god, he'd be using the new iphone 4 to take that shot.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If the hands are reflected in glass, then why don't they appear to be in the foreground of the photograph? When I look through my window into the dark I see the garden through my reflection, I don't see myself looming huge at the end of the garden.

This is a weird pic, star and flag for spotting something so freaky!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

Beat me to it. I just signed up to point out the same thing.

Went thru the mission pics and most of the astronauts have rings on their ring fingers.
Astronaut Nicole Stott wears one on her index finger which she swaps from left hand to right hand.

In the image it looks like the ring is on the middle finger.

Link to HiRes

Its odd that the hands and camera are behind the cargo bay.
Cargo bay = Layer 1?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Think of the rings as like Super Bowl rings, only so many people get one, (or more).

In a much smaller scale, a coin, or even a mission or project patch I myself acquired, I may would probably have near me on a life altering excursion such as a trip to LEO. Think like a commemorative trinket a mountain climber might carry to leave at the summit of an extremely important mountain to him, for proof, or for others to discover should they also reach that apex. Could also be a bit of superstition involved–the rabbit's foot, or to not to change the code of honor or disrupt the camaraderie involved in a group effort.

Things flow better with less friction.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
On a side note, look at the beautiful atomosphere being lit up!

How did this thread get so popular.. It looks pretty damn obvious that its someone holding a camera from the inside.

Like you guys have never seen this "Phenomena" ...

Only thing that would make this ***WEIRD*** is if at the time this was taken nobody was on board, or the glass is in a chamber where people must wear suits...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

You've gotta be kidding me...what a mystery...

I seem to remember something from school about light reflecting off of smooth surfaces but...

Nope I lost it
edit on 9-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by Zelong

could he be behind a window, shooting out? Crazy pic.. Nice find

Yes, otherwise he would be dead
Not laughing at you but with you. Come on folks, at least attempt to think.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Looks like it's shot through a window between the crew compartment and the payload bay. You can see the reflection of the astronaut taking the shot in the window. I don't know what anomaly people are talking about.

OK, now this has to be the all time most stupid thread that has ever been posted on ATS web site. The photo was take with a hand held camera from inside the shuttle and the reflection is of the astronaut taking the shot in the window. This thread should be closed. I hope this type of thread does not start a trend on ATS or I may have to leave.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I have been on the shuttle and there is a window there looking into the cargo bay. All you are are seeing is the reflection of the person holding the camera that is taking the picture from the inside out to the cargo bay. The photographer should have put the camera lense up against the glass to eliminate the reflection, a little hard in zero-G.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dear lord this is stupid.

Even I looked at that and thought "Uh, hes taken the picture through a window"..

But wait, there are hand creatures with wedding rings in deep space.

Yes..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Damn. So these images aren't of the Sun peaking over the space shuttles horizon?.. That is so sad that it's just a reflection from someones ring of a finger that got in the way of the picture. I'm going to go cry now.......

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
OMG! is it just me or is the Earth upside down!! You'd think people would fall off of an upside down Earth!

In Australia we all live upside down...
...we are all born with gravity souls on our feet so we don't fall off.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in the hoax folder?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

you people scare me sometimes.

first thought: hmm looks like the picture was taken from inside the shuttle.
second thought: galactis
third thought: nope thats retarded, photo from inside the shuttle.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
reply to post by Zelong

Did anyone else fail to realise that astronauts in space wouldnt be wearing a business suit. The cuff around the wrist of the person holding the camera. Not only shows the business suit outer layer but the shirt on the inside aswell. Also if this were taken from inside the discovery they would not be able to take that picture. You would see the roof or top part covering the shuttle. If it's one that can open like a sardine can.

Then they would have there space suits on.

No they wouldn't
www.sciencephotolibrary.com...

Shuttle Wiki:

On the first four shuttle missions, astronauts wore modified U.S. Air Force high-altitude full-pressure suits, which included a full-pressure helmet during ascent and descent. From the fifth flight, STS-5, until the loss of Challenger, one-piece light blue nomex flight suits and partial-pressure helmets were worn. A less-bulky, partial-pressure version of the high-altitude pressure suits with a helmet was reinstated when shuttle flights resumed in 1988. The Launch-Entry Suit ended its service life in late 1995, and was replaced by the full-pressure Advanced Crew Escape Suit (ACES), which resembles the Gemini space suit in design, but retains the orange color connected to the Launch-Entry Suit.

More guys not in space suits but in orbit.
www.youtube.com...

Furthermore, why do you say he's wearing a "business suit". It would be possible I guess, but not plausible, and I don't see that in the picture at all.

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
If this is a reflection, im still left wondering why the hands have only 3 fingers? Also wondering why no one mentioned this yet, perhaps my eyes are fooling me.

What I find odd about this is that would be the shared hand of the lil fellows who did crash in Roswell. Many reputable individuals have already stated that those that where found with the craft had strange 6 fingered hands.

Now most every time you will be told things by individuals such as these they are playing with your mind just a lil bit. The truth is these guys had 6 fingers total, 3 on each hand, and thumbs of course, which you have been told before they did not have.

And why do you believe this? The thing about the OP's pic having 3 fingers per hand or the Roswell incident? And what is the relevance between Roswell and the Shuttle? Is that who NASA has taking the photos?

Seriously guys, this is one for the ridiculous books.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join