It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow up on north pole pics, strangest pic!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What an extremely weird picture im baffled thank you for the post not sure what to think is it fake or real if it is fake why make it so obvious?

rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov...

this is my initial thread on the subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
interresting! wonder what they blocked out? Anartica is certainly filled with mysteries.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
That pic looks like its been hacked together badly. You can see where the seams dont even match up around the huge dome light thingy in the middle.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's the second sun, everybody is talking about..
2nd

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

The circle in the middle of the picture is created due to the angle of the camera and the way the shots have been stitched together to form a panorama, nothing has been hidden here.

like this:

or this:

Circular Panorama

Sorry to dissapoint

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

ahh its just the satellites , there crap at taking pictures of the north pole. rather unsettling that the trajectories of the satellites were not accounted for, before the mapping projects began, rather a large hole in there project , excuse the pun

that

or there is something that is not wanted to be seen

funbox

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Satellites tend to avoid the poles due to magnetic poles and solar radiation. You can see the white "circle" is actually more hexagonal, and that's because of the flight lines of the orbiting satellites.
edit on 9-3-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
Satellites tend to avoid the poles due to magnetic poles and solar radiation. You can see the white "circle" is actually more hexagonal, and that's because of the flight lines of the orbiting satellites.
edit on 9-3-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

you would think they would have a contingency plan,all that money to take some high res , and often excellent pictures, even a high altitude balloon or aircraft could be used to fill in the gaps.

to me its a poor excuse for such a large input of money

imagine buying a jigsaw with the centre missing.. just wouldn't happen.

funbox

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Very similar to this, yes.

I think these diagram can help explain it too...

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

The TERRA satellite is on an inclination of 98°.

More info:

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Exactly!

If you compare the first picture with the layout of this picture you can see the similarities in correlation:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Funny that a phone company is capable of more then the Nasa

Best Coverage for the North The Iridium Satellite Constellation circles the poles and offers the best coverage for the NWT, Yukon and Nunavut. It's the best way to keep in touch with the rest of the world.

edit on 9-3-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

Two things here.

The first is that the image in the OP is from a NASA satellite in a polar orbit, same as the iridium network.

The seond thing is, broadcasting a telephone signal is quite different to taking high resolution images of the planets surface.

I think you're being unreasonably harsh to be honest.
edit on 9/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but is was meant well.

I did see in the past Iridium advertises with total polar coverage so i did a little search on their satellites, the pictures i took are from their on "propaganda". I did not take a large search as it seemed that i did found the satellite trajectories on their website.

They could depict fake trajectories of-course to show their coverage in a graphical but not real way.

But left way or right way, i do find it odd the lack of shortage on good polar aerial photographs. Just to see a private company seems to "fly" over with no problems.

And yes, radio signalling is easier then photographing, but they claim (not me) they have total polar coverage.

The satellite are in 6 groups. Each group is in its own polar orbital lane, spaced 60 deg apart in longitude. on the figure below each orbit appears twice, first the satellites move north and then over the north pole and down the other side.

www.satsig.net...

edit on 9-3-2011 by EarthOccupant because: added quote

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I first seen the pic whited out and began to LMAO. On topic is that a South pole pic first one or the North pole?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Anybody notice the weird glow around the hexagon??

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i have never really gave much thought to the north pole, and nor have i been a believer in those supposed openings at the poles that go into the 'inner earth' or whatever...

... but if you think about it, it does seem highly strange that there are no actual pictures of the north pole. some accounts say it doesn't even exist anymore, and other's talk about how its over Russian water now. it is all rather odd...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

i dont believe that since satellites and other cameras like hubble can get above the magnetic poles.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

The hubble doesn't pass over the poles.

kwc.org...

edit on 10/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe the NAZI's knew about the problems with satellite coverage at the poles and that's why they built their bases their..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

isnt that the plot of that current film Ironsky?

funbox

top topics

<<   2 >>

join