It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
You know I just had a thought - could this be preparation for another Derren Brown special? (For non-UK users Brown is a British magician & mentalist who uses subliminal techniques VERY heavily.) He's also on Channel 4. He had a show called How To Control The Nation that featured subliminal messages www.youtube.com...

Maybe he's about to pull the same trick?

That would be my assumption.

"Gym. Guilty novel?"

Short phrase that seems meaningless but could have various meanings all at the same time. Nice eye OP, good catch.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure this will turn out to be a Derren Brown trick. It's got his style written all over it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I have a feeling GYM, GUILTY and NOVEL are in red for a reason. Perhaps the first letters are an anagram for something.

EDIT: Actually, I think a previous poster is correct, the period after GYM and the question mark after NOVEL are also part of the code:

GYM.
GUILTY
NOVEL?

edit on 9-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You may be correct that it " glithched " on T.V but i doubt it, i think it was supposte to be there, but maybe they were sloppy and let it run too long on t.v. and you actually noticed it.

It may have been a slighty more innocent one ( still rather strange ) but how do we know that. They might do this on a regular basis but they are usually not " sloppy " and we dont usually catch them.

I must admit i dont watch T.V much now these days, but when i do i will keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks again

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
I don`t know a lot about this sort of thing but I would be more interested in what show was one rather than the commercials. Here`s why... I find it peculiar that there are 3 words in RED. Maybe these are trigger words for MKULTRA/Project Monarch patients, or a particular one. One they knew would watch this show. It was hidden in a nice sounding message because they know with live tv someone will catch it. Also notice the first word, the period is also RED. It is part of the message or code. Same with the last word, the question mark is red. There could be something specific to the programming that the period and question mark activate or start something. It makes the command more specific. That way there won`t be an accidental trigger when someone just happens to see those words in red. But if the period and question mark are in the right place, then the message will be understood by the brain meant to receive it. Again I don`t know anything about it but those are just my first thoughts. It may not be subliminal advertising, but subliminal mind control.

That came immediately to my mind, too. Some kind of message... Gym. Guilty Novel? I wondered who that message was for.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Out of interest for the words marked in red i got specific dictionary definitions.

Here they are i dont know if it makes any more sense but it might help.

GYM –noun

1. a gymnasium.

2. Informal . physical education.

GUILTY –adjective, guilt·i·er, guilt·i·est.

1. having committed an offense, crime, violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law; justly subject to a certain accusation or penalty; culpable: The jury found her guilty of murder.

2. characterized by, connected with, or involving guilt: guilty intent.

3. having or showing a sense of guilt, whether real or imagined: a guilty conscience.

NOVEL –noun

1.a fictitious prose narrative of considerable length and complexity, portraying characters and usually presenting a sequential organization of action and scenes.

2. (formerly) novella ( def. 1 ) .

–adjective

1. of a new kind; different from anything seen or known before: a novel idea.

–noun
1. Roman Law .

a.an imperial enactment subsequent and supplementary to an imperial compilation and codification of authoritative legal materials.

b.Usually, Novels , imperial enactments subsequent to the promulgation of Justinian's Code and supplementary to it: one of the four divisions of the Corpus Juris Civilis.

2 .Civil Law . an amendment to a statute.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Well spotted, I must say I rarely watch tv these days but the missus will ask me to sit with her and watch at times. I have been noticing that there is actually quite a lot of this now, ITV is a channel that is bad for it as well.

Keep your eyes peeled and you will see what I mean, some of it is very subtle, normally it is quickly flashed between adverts.

Im not quite sure what to make of the message behind this but the red text makes me think this is some form of trigger word for something.

I have looked everywhere for something I wanted to post but everything I had read about it is gone from the net now but I had read about the effects of logos on television a few years back that suggested that if you pay attention to news logos, program logos such as dancing on ice etc you will notice that they flash then have a highlighting effect moving across the words. I cannot remember the term for this but it was pretty convincing when it came to it explaining how this induces a trance state in viewers. Turn on the tv and you can see what I am talking about much better.

edit on 9-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Interesting.

I was walking by the tv about 7:30 pm and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a red shape in the upper right had corner of the tv flash briefly. I just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Hmmm. Going to have to start paying more attention.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Are you zooo? from another site??
This same thing was mentioned on another comedy website in England

Heres the LINK
edit on 9-3-2011 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

Also, I do engineering for FOX, and I deal alot with commercial insert breaks. If television programming is similar in England as it is here, it is not uncommon to have a flash of an unfinished commercial pop-up.
During programming whether its live or syndacated local television companies or given capabilites to insert there own commercial spots, thats why you only get local ads for where you live. If the timming is off from other your provider or the network, often either the actuall program might be cut a second or two short, or maybe the local ad insertion. Next time you watch some live event on FOX Sports, check out the commercial section and see where the breaks are cut into... Its more than likly one of my co workers missed a button pushed to enable ad insertion at the cable site.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Well spotted, I must say I rarely watch tv these days but the missus will ask me to sit with her and watch at times. I have been noticing that there is actually quite a lot of this now, ITV is a channel that is bad for it as well.

Keep your eyes peeled and you will see what I mean, some of it is very subtle, normally it is quickly flashed between adverts.

Im not quite sure what to make of the message behind this but the red text makes me think this is some form of trigger word for something.

I have looked everywhere for something I wanted to post but everything I had read about it is gone from the net now but I had read about the effects of logos on television a few years back that suggested that if you pay attention to news logos, program logos such as dancing on ice etc you will notice that they flash then have a highlighting effect moving across the words. I cannot remember the term for this but it was pretty convincing when it came to it explaining how this induces a trance state in viewers. Turn on the tv and you can see what I am talking about much better.

edit on 9-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure, I think ITV are just crap mate, on a whole other level. The incompetence of that station knows no bounds.

I've watched several movies on ITV 2 where for a brief second the message has flickered that the scene had been blocked for copyright reasons or some other lark. It's always a bright green screen and only on for a minute.

And on every occasion I've been intrigued as to what's been censored, so I'll find the film online and it always turns out that nothings been censored. It's just an ITV mistake because they're imbeciles.

I imagine alot of images and what not between adverts and tv shows is just that, ITV being incompetent.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting, though not the first time T.V networks have been caught slipping stuff
Into there programming

Remember when Mcdonalds got caught on Iron chef with this little beauty?
(sorry, new here, and dont know how to embed video
)

www.youtube.com...

They said it was a "Technical error"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Decode multi-word anagrams word by word...awesome site
boulter.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That looks like code to me.
Who wants to crack it?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
My initial thoughts were it was residue from something else, whether it be a TV show or another advert that just somehow glitched it's way onto TV.

Your "initial thought" was most likely correct. My first job in broadcasting was as Technical Director for a CBS-TV affiliate. The TD is the guy that makes sure all of the programming, including commercials, run on time and in their proper slot (plus a buttload more.)

Commercials come in two types: national and local. At various times throughout the program, there are "time slots" where commercials are scheduled to run. I don't know if it's the same now, but back then CBS would broadcast a minute of national commercials (Burger King, McDonald's, etc.,) followed by one to two minutes of "Black" as part of the program we got off the satellite. During the "Black," the local stations would insert their own commercials for "Tom's Used Cars," or "Sally's Bookstore."

If the switcher operator is picking his nose (or his butt) when the time comes to rejoin the network broadcast, he may make a mistake timing when to hit the fade button: the end result being a brief flash of an unrelated "something" the viewer at home wasn't supposed to see and doesn't understand where it came from.

Now you do.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by THEwTRUTH

Really? You needed to post that?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its a code for SPIES.
Its the modern days equivalent of the Nazi's ENIGMA machine.
We just need to find the code book

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
could stand for Gryphon Gold Corporation(which is in western Nevada. maybe something to do with area 51?)
Could stand for Orange GGN a food dye delisted because it is toxic
edit on 10-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I read this thread soon after it was posted. I think this is an interesting occurrence, but what really struck me as odd is that I also saw this tonight:

i194.photobucket.com...

It's a screen grab from a YouTube video (the series is kinda cool, but that's another topic).

Here's a link to the actual video:

www.youtube.com...

The guy comes on at 00:15.

This is obviously a different message but in the same format. I can't make out all the words, but it's another piece to your puzzle.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Are you zooo? from another site??
This same thing was mentioned on another comedy website in England

Heres the LINK

Also, I do engineering for FOX, and I deal alot with commercial insert breaks. If television programming is similar in England as it is here, it is not uncommon to have a flash of an unfinished commercial pop-up.
During programming whether its live or syndacated local television companies or given capabilites to insert there own commercial spots, thats why you only get local ads for where you live. If the timming is off from other your provider or the network, often either the actuall program might be cut a second or two short, or maybe the local ad insertion. Next time you watch some live event on FOX Sports, check out the commercial section and see where the breaks are cut into... Its more than likly one of my co workers missed a button pushed to enable ad insertion at the cable site.

I checked your link, seems like someone from here has posted on that site (I'll be honest the vast majority of that thread made even less sense than the image I posted lol ). It certainly wasn't me though as posting on a comedy website would leave it prone to jokes being made about it rather than finding the solution.

I'm still waiting for responses from the TV company aswell. So far no word. Although I'm not surprised.

reply to post by thepresenttense

And that is an excellent find and I think is definitely related!

The words in red are 'Amazing' 'Desigual' and 'Heart'. Seems to be a paragraph repeated. If you keep reading you can piece it together.

"It's Amazing, It's a New Day. It's not. It's not the same! Today the sun it's out there for us. Wow! Wow! Somedays I feel I can conquer the world. I will look for the key to your heart and you will say it's just there. Catch it!!! Wow, it's another atypical desigual story."

edit on 10/3/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Urgh. This case can be closed.

A quick Google for the word 'Desigual' shows it is a fashion label. I'm assuming it must be some form of advertisement for them, particularly given the second screenshot we got of the guy in the sweater.

There was me thinking it would be something more beneficial than clothes brand in an already swamped market.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join