It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What WOULD it take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I will preface this by stating the obligatory newb post..."mods, if I posted this in the wrong place, please move and thanks"

With that out of the way...

So I got to thinking, with all the unrest that is occuring both domestic and foreign, what exactly would it take for corruption to be removed?

I will not hide the fact this post is MAINLY about the US, but if you have ideas or speculation or what-not, and it pertains to a different country, by all means share.

The object of this post, for me anyways, is to kind of gauge as to where we are as a society (albeit a small sample from a biased group) and what it would take (in your opinion) to put the power back into the hands of the people.

For me, I think it is revolution. I think a big country, western more specifically, needs to experience what Egypt experienced, with success. Once it happens, I think it will create a snowball effect on more western civilizations and once it spreads it will be wonderful.

I think people WILL die, blood WILL be spilled, but unfortunately, it appears to be a necessity that has been forgotten with those who have died for this cause in the past.

I personally am not against a harmonized, one world approach, where there are no borders, there is true transparency and ffs, people just want to contribute to their society as a whole. Maybe it will be then, when we live as the human race, instead of americans, europeans, chinese, russians ect.. that we will achieve greatness?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
when i read things like this i instantly just think well we could just have the most honest nicest smartest people with power. take everything bad we've ever learned and turn it right around into what can make everything better for everyone. but these thoughts are so out of the question in the world i see, we cant just reverse where we are short of killing everyone.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
so then you think a mass population reduction?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinIowa

So I got to thinking, with all the unrest that is occuring both domestic and foreign, what exactly would it take for corruption to be removed?

I won't lie, I stopped reading right there because this is a fantastic question.

So, I think the first thing that must be done is to identify what is the incentive that allows corruption to take place. The answer is easy, its money. Without it, people would be concentrating all of their efforts on survival and the enhancement of their own quality of life. Therefore, by removing money from the equation, I think it is safe to assume that corruption would at the very least be immensely diminished if not completely eradicated.

Are you prepared to do that? If not, you're left with a system that is easily corrupted by money, period.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i actually asked my highschool economics teacher that, (hes an extreme republican go figure), why do we have money, money is the root of all evil, and he said, we wouldnt have any way to quantify the amount of work or utility a service or a product has, and i told him, why cant we just do things because they have to be done, do it for the good of humanity, let everyone do their part and rely on the fact that people know that it has to be done so someone will do the job, theres plenty of resources on the earth we have enough for everyone, there is no need to have money, and he called me stupid hahahaha, so much for that idea

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
-- P. J. Proudhon, General Idea of Revolution in the Nineteenth Century

The answer is simply to not allow this anymore.
edit on 9-3-2011 by AnimositisominA because: Forgot something.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

Thats ignorance for you, perhaps next time ask him how monotary money collaspe works, he finds it stupid from fear of not having a teaching job.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
We need smaller government, not bigger. A world government would be a disaster. Think of it as a family, the leaders being mom and dad and the countries being the children. In a functional family, this can be great. Now, how many really functional families do you know? In a dysfunctional family, mom and dad begin to fight. Maybe one or the other spends too much or has an affair. The next step, divorce. The kids then become unruly, maybe do drugs or drop out of school. They begin to fight with one another and jealousy becomes an issue. Johnny gets more attention because he is bad or Susy is your favorite because she always does what you say. Now, can you imagine with problems in leadership of a NWO (and you know it will happen) the individual countries cannot trust their leadership and begin to act out, attacking other countries and doing things to further their own agenda. Those responsible for the food supply decide to rebel and keep it all to themselves. Those with natural resources begin to hoard them to further their position in this world society. Soon everything begins to fall apart. The many countries overpower their world leaders and mass chaos ensues. Leaders, desperately trying to maintain order decide to use military power but with so many countries in upheaval, they are quickly overwhelmed. Those countries who have managed to remove themselves from the NWO are resentful of the few elite that brought this on them. Assassinations of the elite are called for and their trillions confiscated. It's now a grab for part of the feast. Everyone wants back what was taken from them by these elite. These elite leaders are ripped to shreds, their families killed or maimed, their luxurious homes and belongings confiscated by the countries who stand up to them. If they are not killed, they will spend a lifetime being abused and locked up, much as an elderly parent is abused by their bitter, adult children. This has happened in individual countries, why would anyone think they could control an entire planet? Some may think they can control everyone and everything, but ultimately they have no control over one thing. Human nature!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinIowa

Full disclosure and replacments of certain seeded powers. Poss. by A New, KING of UNIVERSE.
UM JUST SAYEN

edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

It's going to take the dollar collapsing or having to spend thousands to buy the daily bread.

Until then, people will be resilient and put up with the injustices. But once people start starving, hold on to your butts government.

What WOULD it take indeed? It's amazing how far the people are being pushed. The dollar will continue to lose purchasing power, we are seeing massive unrest in the Middle East as was predicted by Lindsey Williams, rising oil prices and therefore food prices. We are also seeing more and more earthquakes and UFOs.

To quote Jordan Maxwell, "We've been had."

new topics

top topics

join