It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Women Really Understand Men

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Hi Tom,

I can't answer your question as to who is paying for all this stuff on the shelves. Everyone who has money prioritizes when it comes to how they will spend it. Some women will buy a lipstick and skip lunch. Others will buy an outfit for their child and skip their own lunch and dinner.

Some men will do something similar for their families because they realise the burden that caring for children places on women. Once a woman has carried their baby to term, breast fed it and cleaned up after it, a man might decide that he will pay for the food (and some luxuries) after his hard day at work.

It's all swings and roundabouts. In a partnership both parties have to appreciate the efforts made by the other.

When I say that no-one needs to carry a passenger, I mean no-one. Male or female. The only passengers I would allow in my life would be my pets - because I love them and they teach me to be patient and tolerant.

Some people feel that way about their kids. It's not, in my opinion, the way to feel about a partner. Except for learning the patience and tolerance bit. You need that in bucket loads.

As for social engineering - don't get me started
In this world it's deplorable to dangle so much 'stuff' in front of people who don't have the means to pay for it. It breeds envy and feelings of inadequacy, to name a couple of undesirable effects.

Not to mention - have you ever had a good look at all that tat that some idiot somewhere is trying to persuade us is a desirable product? In a few months or years it will all be dumped in a landfill site somewhere. How I'd love to be an archaeologist in a few thousand years

<< 1  2   >>

join