It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Western Govt Has Ever Claimed The power To Do This! The King Of England! Not Hitler! Not Stalin!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just shows you that TPTB are shaking in their boots. Getting downright desperate.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

I think biggest mistake everyone makes is the Marxist rhetoric about a bloody revolution being necessary. We don't need a bloody revolution we need an incessant peaceful revolution using the system we created long ago.

When it is time to hit the streets if it is done with guns we will fail, if it is done with pens, signs, votes, chants and a united cause success will be won.

If tis makes you mad put down your gun, it won't do you any good. The first amendment was first because it is way more powerful than the second, and a million times more dangerous to tyranny. Use it. Talk to everyone you know about it, plant the seed, spread the word. Blog about it, write e-mails, complain to senators and congressmen. Get angry petitions. Many say this kind of stuff doesn't work... thats only because it does and they would rather you pick up a gun, you're easier to stop that way.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's sad to think I have seen my country destroyed from within in my lifetime.
It may be even sadder that few even realize that it has already happened.
The greatest treasure ever had by mankind is freedom and we have lost it through ignorance, greed and blind patriotism.
I'm surprised they still let Judge Napolitano have a show.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
this new executive order is kind of like a reverse presidential pardon. it is virtually impossible to imagine how one closes Guantánamo in light of this.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
All I can say is wow... I usually try to avoid Fox type news outlets, but this one, well.. wow.. it certainly gives the impression that you guys have been set up for a fall..

It "feels" to me like the emergency type laws enacted in wartimes to give government full control of the nation, scratching for possibilities, perhaps this is all in preparation for a major conflict?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

careful what you say if your not with them your with the terrorist lol how would you look in an orange jumpsuit hehe, this is a huge step towards mass control and Obama just lied to get voted..Really?? no.... not a politician.

By the way the "yes we can" slogan...what is this referring to? who are we? and what can they do? cause i havent seen any change what so ever. is it just referring to one particular group or all of the U.S? i dont get it.

edit on 9-3-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow, there is only one thing I can say to this.... "It's not fair !"

Just a quick question, How is it that this hasn't been reported on Yahoo? or in the English press ? Or have I just missed it?

Can't believe this has happend

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I sense that the Sheep are dimly aware of a certain unease in the air, to borrow from a guy named Pink.

Not most ATSers, but some of the unawakened that I run into periodically. Yawn....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes, this is intensely disturbing; but not nearly as bad as when Obama Claimed The Power To Assassinate U.S. Citizens WITHOUT A TRIAL!

Now I'll be the first to admit that al-Alwaki is a scumbag, and he probably does deserve to die - AFTER A TRIAL has found him guilty! Regardless of what the man has been accused of, as an AMERICAN CITIZEN he has the right to be tried by a jury; especially when the sentence is death.

When the Chief Executive takes away our right to due process, he is a TYRANT. We live in a Fascist state now people. Get used to it, or do something about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
anyone wearing a uniform, doing nothing in the face of this becomes a traitor to the nation. If they dont protest, their next logical order is to come for those that may

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I tend to prefer to have all the pertinent information about something before I get all "let's grab the torches". As much as I like the judge, it would be nice to actually see a source document and I didn't pick up any links or specific info yet in this thread. Maybe I overshot it.

Anyway, here's the link I found to the Executive Order. Haven't read it yet, but will at some point today. I'm offering it up to see if there are any specifics in there that would make sense to discuss.

Yes, I like Judge Napolitano. Given his position (Fox infotainment advocate), let's see if after perusing the actual document we still all agree. Face it, he has an agenda, too and it's one with which I generally agree. That doesn't mean I'm ready to run lock-step behind him based upon his 2 minute rant.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Good Work. That is probably one of the best clips from tainted Fox News I've ever seen.. S & F...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't understand Americans at all. Or their police force.

In England or Canada, the PM can not just arbitrarily sit down, write up a piece of paper appointing him/herself new powers, and have it made law.

If in the UK or Canada this was done, the police would arrest them immediately.

I never did understand the legality of Bush or Obama doing this, and the police and army standing by. Arrest him.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Some good background on executive orders can be found here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
you guys wanna make a change? you wanna get people to wake up? you know how you do it? you dont sit on this website complaining about it, you dont sit and expect the mass majority of people to stumble across this website and find one thread that has everything the need to know about.

if you want to wake people up you put the information right up their noses, and show them with evidence that this WILL effect their family, then its on them to either wake up, or return to the field to resume their mindless grazing.

one way to do it is have a massively coordinated information tsunami across the country. even if it just means a bunch of people take the time to write up a simple sheet of paper stating things that are unconstitutional and showing what the government is really doing, making a billion copies, then throwing them everywhere so people can pick them up and read them.

the tea party, whether you agree with it or not, is the perfect example. people woke up, people got mad, and people peacefully protested.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

And the constitutional and moral authority for EO's for everything is...?
I can simplify this. The EO's allow confiscation of anything and make anyone do anything uncle wants, all they have to do is declare an /emergency'.Hey didnt bamster declare a national emergency recently?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

Too funny! Begging to be heard, PLEASE PLEASE? Hilarious! Please sir, can I have a little bit more?
It's about the money, the only thing they want is your money and your service. Knowing that, you know what to do that will work, and it aint writing names on paper, after all they didnt read their bills, so why would they read your missives?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have stated many times, when a President has the power to usurp the Constitution by way of so-called "Executive Orders", our Constitution is no longer worth the paper it's printed on. If you do a little research you will find that Executive Orders have been eroding away at our Constitution and Bill of Rights for decades. This is nothing new, it's merely another nail in the coffin of what was once known as the greatest country on earth.

My personal goal for the remainder of my life is to stay out of the hands of the authorities, take advantage of what few rights I have left and pray that there is eternal justice in the hereafter.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anyway, here's the link I found to the Executive Order. Haven't read it yet, but will at some point today. I'm offering it up to see if there are any specifics in there that would make sense to discuss.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

i just read it, at first it doesnt even seem like a legitimate source, nor does it read like any EO i have ever seen before, it does however not mention anything like the video and does seem to support Executive Order 13492, i dont have alaw degree but i would have loved to add it HERE if i thought it was relevant.
If anyone can dispute this and give me reason to add it to my site please do

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

They dont even deserve a trial,just hangem high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join