It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's new executive order on Guantanamo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Obama's new executive order on Guantanamo

www.salon.com

In other words, Obama -- for reasons having nothing to do with Congress -- worked from the start to preserve the crux of the Bush/Cheney detention regime. Even with these new added levels of detention review (all inside the Executive Branch), this new Executive Order is little more than a by-product of that core commitment, and those blaming it on Congress either have little idea what they're talking about or are simply fabricating excuses in order to justify yet another instance where Obama dutifully "bolsters" the Bush War on Terror template. Indefinite detention and military commissions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Heh-heh, constitutional lawyer and investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald is at it again, this time calling out our latest war criminal in chief at his continuance of the Bush War criminal cabal.

Indefinite detention, for those "suspected" of "terrorism", or fighting against us, and military tribunals. The irony in these measures being that many of the previous "indefinite detainees" who were held for years by us, eventually wound up being LET GO, because they were INNOCENT of wrongdoings in many cases!

So basically Obushma, despite his endless pathological lies during his CAMPAIGN to do so, has not only NOT closed down Gitmo, as he promised to do, but is carrying on the same criminality of the Bush regime towards detainees!

This guy ABSOLUTELY is Dumbya's third term. Chimpy and Dick Insaney must be grinning from ear to ear.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Der Fuhrer wont allow the camps to close.. The schedule for the final solution must not be delayed.. All heil der fuhrer and the totalitarian states of amerika..
Of course he wont close it .. Has to have somewhere to send those pesky dissidents and would be revolutionaries..
Remember boys and girls - NEVER trust leaders .. Especially not charismatic leaders...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Charismatic leaders??? Where?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Is there ANY promise this jackwagon intends to keep?

I hope that his more vehement supporters will realize now what I've been saying all along: Obama is a LIAR of the first order. He will say anything, but do only what he wants.

How's that "Change" workin' out for ya?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
reply to post by Expat888

Charismatic leaders??? Where?

Well, he certainly rico-suaved the pants off of folks with his slick-talking saleman routine of "hope and change", and as we have seen on this very site, folks are STILL falling for his his endless double-speak BS, and defending virtually everything he does, the same way folks were defending Dumbya, no matter how unbelievably criminalistic his actions were. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Obumma also campaigned on a promise to stop the rampant use of Executive Orders..

How's that working out ?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nothing sticks out more for me with Obama than the video "Yes we can" played backwards! That still sends chills up my spine.

I will say this endlessly, the False Prophet does not speak scripture, he speaks falsehoods and lies; I can think of no other person to date that lies as much as this man does and I can think of no other person that has yet to fulfill any and every promise like this man has. Obama is the False Prophet! These are the end times I am afraid!

Yes we can! Freaky as it may seem!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Please mark this as one of the key points in the destruction of civil liberties. By signing this executive order, which in itself is unconstitutional, he has disbanded the judicial system from its rightful activities and exercises, leaving the final decision of ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’ in the hands of a single man who heads this country. Just to give you a little sense of how draconian this is, even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, and the worst dictators in history have never given themselves the legal authority to make the final decision on someone’s life.

He has just signed into law, unconstitutionally, something which will give him supreme authority over any GITMO detainee, he will now be their jury and their judge, the judges and juries or military tribunals are now irrelevant as the final decision lays in his hands. Just as with the introduction of every tyrannical act of government it will be sealed into government then expanded upon, soon this act by the President will be given not only to GITMO detainees but to even further judicial aspects of life. To legal cases involving corporations, the President could decide which corporation wins or if the corporation wins over the individual.

What then stops the President from making the final decision on the constitutionality of laws? He could leave the Supreme Court intact but declare he himself has the final decision on all constitutional matters, this will be passed on to the next President to be expanded upon as well.

This has to be worse than any other act this President or his predecessor has ever done. The Patriot Act seems like a Civil libertarian dream over this. What kind of country will we live in when our President has the final say in every important court case? He takes the side he wants and that side wins.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Judge Napolitano sounds off at the outright criminality of this latest order. He says that this order actually allows a LIFE sentence, to detainees, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN AQUITTED OF ANY WRONGDOING BY A JURY.

So basically, Obama has declared HIMSELF the judge, jury and executioner, OVERRIDING the judicial system, and the constitution ENTIRELY.

And as the judge so rightfully points out, if he can do this over there, what is preventing him from doing this HERE?

Go to about the 3 minute mark to hear the reference to this latest criminal order.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Is there ANY promise this jackwagon intends to keep?

I hope that his more vehement supporters will realize now what I've been saying all along: Obama is a LIAR of the first order. He will say anything, but do only what he wants.

How's that "Change" workin' out for ya?

Well you won't have to worry much longer, this country will fold right back into the waiting arms of the neo-cons again soon enough when the next puppet is elected, which will either be Huckabee or Romney. Then the GOP, which created this nightmare, can work on creating the next round of nightmares.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
America hasn't gotten angry enough.

I think Obama needs to be voted in for another four years so America can learn a valuable lesson.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Remember when that guy was posting coys of obama as the joker*? not too long ago..i got a new one for and too describe obama.... dr.jeckyle and mr. hyde
it fits his profile perfect!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm so tired of all this stuff...maybe the world just needs a reboot.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

There was a reason the founding fathers separated the judicial branch from the executive branch of government.

It does seem unconstitutional to me for the president to usurp judicial powers.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Judge Napolitano sounds off at the outright criminality of this latest order. He says that this order actually allows a LIFE sentence, to detainees, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN AQUITTED OF ANY WRONGDOING BY A JURY.

So basically, Obama has declared HIMSELF the judge, jury and executioner, OVERRIDING the judicial system, and the constitution ENTIRELY.

And as the judge so rightfully points out, if he can do this over there, what is preventing him from doing this HERE?

Go to about the 3 minute mark to hear the reference to this latest criminal order.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO FLAG THIS THREAD AND WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!
Guantanamo prisoners never got a trial - but now Obama has the audacity to make an executive order that even if they ever are found not guilty they have to spend life in prison?
WHO DOES OBAMA THINK HE IS?
Welcome to dictatorship
edit on 9-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
BUMP!!
2nd

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yes, you are right about that, but I think it has nothing to do with Charisma, anymore.
The people that still defend this puppet are, in my opinion, emotionally drained. As I would be, if in their shoes.

They invested so much, emotionally, intellectually, and "spiritually", on The Unredeemable, The Vampire, and the promise of is NWO, that they are left without the energy, the discernment, or the will, to see the true picture.

That is the problem with myth-building, and total psychological alienation. If one admits he is wrong, so much was invested, that one is destroyed...thus, "his people", now in absolute denial, only see, hear, and accept, the propaganda they chose to buy...they will go down with the sinking ship, while claiming, and protesting, it's floating...

P.S. » Sorry for the previous one-liner...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If you look at wars throughout history, with some lasting more than 5 years, you will find countries who had prisoners in detention camps the entire time without charges or trial, because the war was ongoing. We are at war in Afghanistan, which was authorized by Congress. Are we not allowed to put captured combatents in holding facilities until the end of the war?

Also, Obama campaigned on closing gitmo, and it was a top issue durin the campaign. What has occured is what I predicted in other threads. Its one thing to campaign for an elected office, making promises on what you will do if you are elected. Its something completely different when you are elected, and all of a sudden you have information that is not public that completely changes the persons view on the matter.

I beleive this occured with Obama. The moment he was sworn in and started having his security briefings, I would say he was able to see the larger picture.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join