It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pull My Finger!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks...Hmm, I may have just lowered my blood pressure

Old article but worthy news, IMHO.

Stinky farts may help regulate blood pressure

A smelly rotten-egg gas in farts controls blood pressure in mice, a new study finds. The unpleasant aroma of the gas, called hydrogen sulfide (H2S), can be a little too familiar, as it is expelled by bacteria living in the human colon and eventually makes its way, well, out.

Is the blood pressure lowered when the gas is released from the colon?
or
When detected and inhaled through the nose?

That's the only thing I do not understand fully.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
if either of those hypotheses were accurate, i would have the blood pressure of a dead man.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
if either of those hypotheses were accurate, i would have the blood pressure of a dead man.

To think my boyfriend has just been trying to lower my blood pressure the whole time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is that for the gasser or the gassee? I'm pretty sure my husbands raise my blood pressure.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What an odd discussion.
and an even more odd article.
I guess thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bad wind is no joke, and lasting wind may cause problems.
I'm sure major flatulence goes with the unhealthy life-styles.
If you're fat and your organs are already squashed, and your bowels not probably flushed with fiber and water, then I'm sure even minor winds can cause more expansion on the organs and blood-pressure.
So that depends.
For a really obese person -yeah, I'm sure anything expelled is less of a pressure on the poor system.

PS. I saw this silly program called "Manswers" where they asked if a fart can be used for CPR. It's a real straight man's show, and they wanted to know whether you can revive your drunk and half-drowned buddy without the lips on your faces touching.
The answer is yes.
Farts have enough oxygen, and with a really good fart theoretically, you could do mouth-to-ass resuscitation!
Or so they claimed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
PS. I saw this silly program called "Manswers" where they asked if a fart can be used for CPR. It's a real straight man's show, and they wanted to know whether you can revive your drunk and half-drowned buddy without the lips on your faces touching.
The answer is yes.
Farts have enough oxygen, and with a really good fart theoretically, you could do mouth-to-ass resuscitation!
Or so they claimed.

Wow. The image that I just had in my head was so wrong.

Just a bunch of drunk college frat boys yelling, "Dude Freddy's down!"

"Wait, wait... let's give him mouth to mouth"

"No way! Touching another guys mouth with mine is 'gay'!"

*male hoots of agreement*

"I know! I can use my ass!"

Hahaha... oh the hilarity.

new topics

top topics

join