It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urethras can now be made in the lab -- and they work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Growing tissue outside the body -- and then making it work inside the body -- is an effort still in its infancy. But it has promise. Much promise. Now researchers have pushed the promise of regenerative medicine closer to reality, by creating urethras out of cells grown in a lab.

Urethras made in the lab

This is great news for the medical community. The possibilities of this are endless. If only we were doing a lot more research with stem cells. I hope this type of research is receiving the proper funding from the govt. The govt. could be spending money on this instead of all the "world police" issues they are spending money on.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Technology marches on, thats pretty cool I know of atleast one individual thats going to be thrilled by this.
On a serious note I wonder what this success will lead to next?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Technology marches on, thats pretty cool I know of atleast one individual thats going to be thrilled by this.
On a serious note I wonder what this success will lead to next?

There is another possible user. His image was entitled "crispy critter" on the internet a few months ago. I think it came from Australia where they use high-votage fencing to keep 'roos and giant snakes out. Anyway, he thought it was a smart thing to see what would happen if he took a whiz on a hot fence. Ghastly close-up of the damaged goods!

join