It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An intriguing dream from my wife.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This dream is from my wife. She is not one to really look or care about dreams, conspiracy theories, religion and all this mumbo jumbo loads. She gets kind of mad when I try to talk about my theories or anyone else's at that. I do my own research and hardly involve here but when I do, I get a little across, but we never discussed nothing like this... I mean, also, shes a tough cherry cookie with walnut shells, lets just say.

But anyways. We were smoking the other day, 2days ago. She sounded in desperation for me to hear her out.

Went as follows;

As we stand on the steps sharing a cig.
Her:
"Chris, I had a dream."

Me:
"Go ahead, babe."

Her:
"Ok, we were walking the kids in a wagon, on a bright sunny day. And then all asudden, there were... what do u call those rocks that fall from the sky?"

Me:
"Meteors.."

Her:
Oh, yeah !!! OK.. they started falling from the sky, all over. And one of our kids got hit and didnt make it. So, we went to go look for some where to bury him. Then we found a spot, and the dream ended. I think its weird, cuz I never had a dream like this before."

Me:
"Yeah, babe. It is cuz how would you know anything like this?"

Her:
"I dont really know."

I know its not much, just intriguing

I tried to see if I could get more detale out and she couldnt. lol
But I think its weird... because I never talked about meteor dooms and glooms to her before because I never thought about that, really.

I am open to logical explanations and maybe theres more, too?
Has anyone else had dreams of this nature from self or any families that arent into conspiracy and related nature?

Thanx, VV6

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Forgot to add, She had this dream about 3 weeks ago !!!
Just if any one is wondering

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My logical explanation for her dream... Well meteors falling from the sky, you don't need to be a conspiracy nut to dream about that. I have seen MANY programs on tv lately about the dangers from space. (not to mention years of movies about impacts...) She might have flipped by one of these programs recently.

Another thought, being a mother I understand the fear of not being able to protect your children. In the scenario in her dream there was nothing she/you could have done to save the child. Maybe the meteorite was a manifest of her fear of not being able to protect her children from all things.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting!

But i'm sure somewhere she's seen or heard of... such films as...

"Armageddon"
"Deep Impact"
"Asteroid"

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A high possibility. I feel the same as a dad reading too much on here

But also could she could be having the "feeling" plus the feeling unable to protect when shi* hit the fan, maybe?

Thank you for your insight

edit on 8-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thought this was kinda odd... i'm just saying...

this thread was posted after you posted yours... and its about.... yep you guessed it... "space rocks"

Read it Here

i cant watch the video in that thread... but i dont think its anything to get excited about.... just odd timing...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I know, I showed her. but she aint into it

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Beautiful Day: In this scene might represent the security blanket or feeling of normalcy that is about to be breached.

Meteors: This could simply be the dream's stand-in for an external threat accompanied by a sense of powerlessness in the individual who is dreaming.

Loved Ones Dieing: This event in dreams is usually not predictive of real events but rather is indicative of the relationship/connection the dreamer has to the victim. This is why we so often dream about our favorite people dieing and subsequently "wake up" rather than endure the separation in dreamtime.

Wagons: Not sure. Some "dream props" are superficial in meaning. I'm sensing your wife has old fashioned ideals about liesure or family life. I can't read into this any more than that.

I would take this moment to warn everyone against the level of negativity you bring into your homes. Dreams are usually symbolic messages wrapped up in literal clothing, you cannot always identify their meaning by their outer layers (although this is not 100% the case). This could very well be nothing more than a manifestation of the steady erosion of your wife's sense of security over the preceding months or years. Note "the sky is falling" parallel with meteors falling on loved ones. If pushing these topics makes her mad, as you said it does, it is most likely effecting her emotionally and she will continue dream about these things until her sense of security is restored.

You might ask your wife how she "felt" at each step of her dream. I guarantee you these emotions are more connected to the dreams meaning than the mere "catalog of events."
edit on 8-3-2011 by CitizenOne because: Word correction.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have had dreams come true, tho

This was back in yr 96. I when to a group home, and this group home had geman shepards that talked and chickens in coups. of course dog dont talk, actually they trained k9 schutzhund, tracking and obedience. They had their own club. and the chicken part, they race pigeon, they had a few hundred, for sport. I had this dream a yr before I found out I was going there.

same yr but further down, later.
The other dream that came true was, a plane crash in a near by suburbs a week before it happened.
I dont think I have had any since

Could there be a logical explanation for these? And Im sure others here has had some almost come true?

Thanx

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenOne

WoW, I should have seen that, common sence.. duh me

So im gunna give you a Star

Thanx for that insight.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hi Venom,

I believe you. I have talked to a lot of people who've had predictive dreams, where the details match up with reality too much to be coincidence. The thing is, it's easy to assume all our dreams are predictive of future events. Our dreams often appear in scenes that closely resemble the real world, so it's easy to make that leap of logic. that in itself cannot be a clue as to the dreams predictive value. Predictive dreams usually aren't identified until after the actual events take place. One clue you can rely on tho is the accompanying sense of "I'm supposed to remember this" that you have when you wake up from the dream. Personally, only maybe 2% of my dreams I can remember these days. When I can remember my dreams, I know it must be significant, but alas none of ever been predictive (for me).

Your dreams, if you are remembering the details accurately (I'm not saying you aren't!), sound like real predictive dreams. When the standout details are uncannily similar, you've got a prediction. But without knowing the emotional context of your dream I cannot read into them any further.

That plane crash dream is spooky!

Thanks,
CitizenOne

new topics

top topics

join