It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art bell frantic caller former area 51 employee (aparently)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Im sure a loada people have heard this before so sorry if this is nothing new, I just came accross it and thought it was pretty odd.

www.youtube.com...

Aparently he called back a week later and said it was a joke, I duno why anyone would do that tho n then say it was a joke

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Yep this has been posted a few times, pretty sure everyone came to the conclusion it was a hoax.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why would he do it as a prank? Because the opportunity was there. Good acting. Also provided the background for one of my favorite Tool tracks, back in the day

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Did you know why the call was suddenly cut off? It was because the satellite broadcasting the show went off line for fifteen minutes.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Did you know why the call was suddenly cut off? It was because the satellite broadcasting the show went off line for fifteen minutes.

That's interesting. It would imply Art Bell and C2C must have been part of the "hoax". As must have been the people that control the satellite (if it did indeed go offline).

As regards the caller calling back a week later to confess... that doesn't really prove anything. The "confession", of course, could easily be staged as part of the clean-up job by A51. Also, why confess? Surely there's more satisfaction in fooling people for a long time than confessing a week later...?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It was my understanding that satellite bandwidth is actually rented.

Could someone confirm?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Always thought the guy that called back was indeed the frantic caller but now I compared both their voices. From what I can tell so far the guy calling back pronounces his "I", and his "that" in a very different way...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
it was not a hoax at all. he sounded scared to aculy say anything. and about the aliens tricking evrybody rich this is so rich
lol thay are prolly triangulating our position as we type

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why are we hashing up topics that are years old? Use the search feature. Cause this is WAY old in UFO story time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This has made the rounds several times on these boards... it was a hoax. The caller eventually called back and showed Art how he does the scared freaked out voice. I think the system going down may have simply been a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I think the system going down may have simply been a coincidence.

That's some coincidence considering it hadn't happened in the history of the show.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was listening to C2C that night, and I do remember the sound of the caller's voice; was an incrediblly good actor if he was putting on the dog; I also recall Art Bell making the statement some time later that the NSA pulled the plug on the show that night...

But, after all these years, it is just another topic for speculation and idle discussion; very little if anything else will ever surface about it...

seeker

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Some of that call is also in a tool song. FYI

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by MrWendal
I think the system going down may have simply been a coincidence.

That's some coincidence considering it hadn't happened in the history of the show.

Agreed. The timing is certainly suspect. Any number of things could have happened, up to and including the caller struck some nerves and the show was cut off on purpose. However, that does not change the fact that the caller called in, said it was all a hoax, admitted to hoaxing previously, and then did the same frantic, scared voice that he used in the original call.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
cant tell if this is real or not...all i can say is that i am now thouroughly freaked out...not familiar with the radio show...is aliens and ufo's something that is discussed all the time? because only someone that is deep in the interest would no what he was talking about or have any idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Why are we hashing up topics that are years old? Use the search feature. Cause this is WAY old in UFO story time.

I realize that in your infinite genius, you must spend your time thinking of BIG ideas, you know, BIG things. And so you may not have had time to stop and realize that not all of us little people are as well versed in each and every ufo related story in the world. Especially one that is "so old" as you put it. Some of us younger members may not have been around (on the boards) when this went down, and these threads give us a chance to catch up. You big leagers can just keep on the front lines since you must be too busy to be in an insignificant thread like this one, er... As to your question, why are "we" rehashing this? Well I for one hadn`t heard of it, but I can`t speak for why You are here rehashing this... was it one of those situations where you clicked on the thread title not knowing it was an old story and just had to reply to every thread you click on, or just because you were genuinely annoyed by this thread? I really don`t know, maybe you could answer that. Why ARE you here rehashing old stories? Slow night? Or you just feel the need to put your little stamp on everything you look at so everyone knows what you think about it? Or maybe, just maybe, you op`ed the thread and came back under a different login to "spice it up" a bit... Those are all the reasons I could think of as to why "we" are here rehashing this old story.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I too was listining that night. It was crazy how everything went dead. It was spooky at the time.

My favorite caller was the guy in the plane flying over area 51 and then gets shot down.

oh and what ever happened to Charlie Liberal? Remember him?

And remember the time traveler that Art hung up on and everyone got pissed?

Good times before Art killed Ramona*

* I really dont know if Art killed Ramona, but to mary a 24 year old chick a month after Ramona (Art's soul mate) died sounds kinda shady.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
...And I thought tea was old, there is an ATS search engine, please use it before making repeated posts.
cheers.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OK now this thread is about Art and Ramona

Discuss

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxBenBen
cant tell if this is real or not...all i can say is that i am now thouroughly freaked out...not familiar with the radio show...is aliens and ufo's something that is discussed all the time? because only someone that is deep in the interest would no what he was talking about or have any idea.

It's a US radio show that discusses the paranormal, I knew of it a 6 or so years ago when I was sent the original call in an mp3 file but I was honestly too scared to listen to it until I searched it on youtube last month.

The NSA shut it down you say? I wonder why. Sure you have your "he may be unwittingly talking about real things" theory but would there be other, more mundane reasons to shut down the show? Anyone know what else was being discussed that night that could've led to shutdown?

I heard the pilot call, that guy was insane. Made me laugh when Art was trying to get him to turn back but the line going dead after he'd been shot down gave me a chill. Like, a guy so determined to find out what was going on went to that length and ended up dying practically on air.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join