It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Solution to Airplort Security - And do away with t.s.a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
With the large number of ccw holders there in the u.s ...
Make it legal to carry on aircraft - (using the same ammunition as the air marshalls).
Could do away with the scanners. Disband - and charge t.s.a for the molestation and groping they've done.. Would save billions on the budget along with make travel easier. Lastly it wouldnt violate anyones constitutional rights .. And be a deterent as passengers would be armed and able to fight back against any "terrorists"..

Forgot : the carrying of firearms by ccw holders would be DOMESTIC (within the u.s) flights ONLY . Not INTERNATIONAL Flights as a. Most countries have strict firearms laws b. They dont have the fascination with firearms that americans do.
Apologies late night here and its been long day..
edit on 8-3-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I use the same ammunition as the Air Marshalls when I carry at work. It is much less likely to do collateral damage, and it provides much more knockdown power from a smaller weapon, because it transfers 100% of the force to the target with no pass-through.

I don't know if "everybody" should be carrying, but I would feel much safer if the well-trained folks were carrying their weapons. Most Federal Agents can already carry on a plane, but maybe we should allow ex-military, normal LEO, and others that have shown proficiency to carry as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks.. True thats why was thinking for ccw holders - many are ex-military or leos who usually are well trained and proficient with firearms. Along with when to shoot / not shoot.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I hope that I am not the only one who thinks this is a very bad idea.

Here is another idea... dogs.

They can be trained to sniff out the most minute trace of gunpowder, explosives... etc. Just having small teams patrolling the airports could weed out any potential threat.

Here is another idea, let's stop freaking out about airport security. Yes, some elements of society may have bad intentions, but I do not live my life in fear of them, either in an airport, on the highway, walking down the street etc...

This is coming from a guy who travels by plane on a regular basis, I would gladly do away with the exaggerated security measures, as I trust my fellow human beings. And, on the very small chance something was to happen, well, I guess it was just my time to go.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Regarding how passengers are treated by companies today,
I think we're closer to find a metal

FLIGHT WILL SET YOU FREE
FLIEGEN MACHT FREI

over the boarding desks and entrances than nothing else.

edit on 8-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Would agree dogs for checking the baggage - in the area where cargo is put prior to being loaded on planes. That way the dogs can work without interference and people check baggage as normal. Oh forgot - the firearms bit is DOMESTIC (within u.s) not INTERNATIONAL flights as many nations a. Have extremely strict firearms laws.
b. Dont have the fascination for firearms the u.s has.
The idea is for the people there to be able to again travel freely without being radiated and sexually molested by the t.s.a thugs..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
I hope that I am not the only one who thinks this is a very bad idea.

Here is another idea... dogs.

They can be trained to sniff out the most minute trace of gunpowder, explosives... etc. Just having small teams patrolling the airports could weed out any potential threat.

Here is another idea, let's stop freaking out about airport security. Yes, some elements of society may have bad intentions, but I do not live my life in fear of them, either in an airport, on the highway, walking down the street etc...

This is coming from a guy who travels by plane on a regular basis, I would gladly do away with the exaggerated security measures, as I trust my fellow human beings. And, on the very small chance something was to happen, well, I guess it was just my time to go.

the Billmeister

the is a great idea and has logic to it . it should be set up this way, but i dont think it is or will be since it dosent put people in a "mindset" like the tsa set up is now. thats the set up they want it to be not just for "safty"
but for other reasons most are aware of and others are seeing and not happy with.

the only draw back to the dogs might be people that have an issue with cat and dog hair but its a small off set geta stuffy nose,itchy skin or get scaned seen nude and your junk grab by some dude or chick

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
Regarding how passengers are treated by companies today,
I think we're closer to find a metal

FLIGHT WILL SET YOU FREE
FLIEGEN MACHT FREI

over the boarding desks and entrances than nothing else.

edit on 8-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

Lmao.. Brilliant.. And sadly too true..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I can agree to a certain extent. Can dogs sniff out "box cutters" like the ones the terrorists used on 9-11?

To be honest, even with out a box cutter, one can use a pen or a pencil to take someone hostage, all this security is full of fallacies, a sharp pencil can puncture the throat easily, and probably more painful. If someone were determined enough to do something they would do it with what ever is at their disposal.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I for one would have to disagree. I have nothing against a CCW as I'm a private Investigator and allowed to carry concealed without one but the current process to get a CCW is a joke any nut job that wants to get one can get one just pay the 60$ for the class and 120$ in filling fees and there you go (in Oklahoma). Now having said that I for sure do not want some mental person with a CCW on a plane with me, if anything that would deter me from flying. Now don't get me wrong not all who have there ccw are mental but there are those that do slip by.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

I agree, it should be more than just a CCW. Anybody can get a CCW and that doesn't make them proficient with a weapon. It should be a more tactical training course before you are carrying it on an airplane.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems like a good idea and frangible bullets do work best in this situation but with so many people packed so closley on an airplane its wouldnt be safe. The kind of close quarters training required takes years and years to hone.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan
I'm sorry but I for one would have to disagree. I have nothing against a CCW as I'm a private Investigator and allowed to carry concealed without one but the current process to get a CCW is a joke any nut job that wants to get one can get one just pay the 60$ for the class and 120$ in filling fees and there you go (in Oklahoma). Now having said that I for sure do not want some mental person with a CCW on a plane with me, if anything that would deter me from flying. Now don't get me wrong not all who have there ccw are mental but there are those that do slip by.

Thanks.. Was rough idea which could be refined to better suit the situation.. Havent been stateside in 30 plus years thus unfamiliar with current ccw requirements... Also am not a firearm owner - have neither a need nor use for them. But do understand its part of the culture there in the states to own firearms.. Thus the rough idea that would
A. Make travel easier there without the t.s.a thugs abusing everyone.
B. Would be a culturally acceptable method of having security on domestic flights without wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on a system that oppresses the people rather than helps them.
Starting to think wasted my time on an idea to help people there.. Hadnt heard any other ideas to do away with the t.s.a thugs - just whinging over there abuses.. Oh well.. Carry on then guys not my concern anyhow as have no intention of ever returning stateside..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great idea, BUT now that there is this huge industry in place, good luck in getting the gravy lickers to give up their power and employment.
That wont happen without a collapse as you can see this beast just continue to grow and grow and grow.

top topics

join