It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Limbaugh's parent company still using actors to fake radio call-ins, exec tells Raw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Exclusive: Limbaugh's parent company still using actors to fake radio call-ins, exec tells Raw

www.rawstory.c om

The company responsible for syndicating big conservative radio names like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity has been using paid actors to call in to their radio shows.

According to a recent report in Tablet Magazine, Premiere Radio Networks, a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications, hired actors to call in as guests.

A website for the Premiere On Call service was taken offline before the report was published, but a cached version of the website is still available.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Have you ever looked around the room and come to the disturbing discovery that you don't have near enough liars to validate your on-air propaganda? Well, worry no more.

I can't tell you how many times, while listening to one of these guys, I think to myself; "Where in the world do they come up with this crap?" Well, now we know.

Looks like some bright entrepreneur saw an opportunity and created the "Premiere On Call" service in which they offer liars for hire. I'm sure that with a client list which includes Hannity, Beck & Limbaugh, he's probably making a fortune providing hired liars to the "Fair & Balanced" news and radio programing organizations everywhere. On top of that, if these callers are being paid $40 per hr. to tell lies over the phone, I wonder just how much Hannity, Beck & Limbaugh are paying to the service provider. Seems like a pretty high rate of pay coming from someone who is constantly talking about how union people are lazy and overpaid.

IMO, there is nothing more pathetic than this group of propaganda puppets. These people are a disgrace to their trade and their credibility is less than zero.

www.rawstory.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-3-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Main Stream Media news and analysis is NOT information, it's entertainment. If there were a consequence for distorting, fabricating, exaggerating, manipulating, and coordinating falsehoods... THEN we would have real "news" which ANYONE could then analyze.... it is what many try to do here with what real news we can get.

Sad that we are left to our own to do so, since we can't trust them.

By the way, for those who haven't thought it through yet.... why would you have someone call in a scripted question?.... Answer: So you can deliver the scripted response.... Don't hate on Rush or anyone else for doing it though, It even happens on NPR too.... it's the 'business model" ..... emphasis on "business."

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The "Shill" call is as old as talk shows themselves. Anybody that knows the Entertainment

Business should expect this. As far as paying actors...I thought they just used friends.

Limbaugh started out as an original "Shock Jock". Very few things are spontaneous.

Well, there is Charlie Sheen. See how well he does unscripted?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
'whaaa' beat you by a minute in posting this news. whaaa's thread.

It is how things work today with all of the 'reality shows' on TV that operate in the same fashion, leading us to believe something that is not that is not real.
edit on 8-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Great catch. S&F&
- as Breaking News.

As many people as possible need to be informed about how the infotainment industry works.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Rush commented on this yesterday at the beginning of his show. Not doing it.

Besides, as he indicated, anyone who has evidence of Rush doing anything they think they could embarrass him with, they would have been out already. So, where are the actual people who claim they were hired to call in scripted questions into Rush's program.

I'll wait.......

Tic, tic..... tic.... tic.

You won't find a one. One with proof-paystubs, scripts, instructions, directions etc. Anything that would be able to show one piece of evidence to prove this B.S story?

Sounds like another hit piece on Talk Radio. IF you can't beat them, smear them---- The Democratis Party Way.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

There is an entire INDUSTRY built on the "marketing principles" reflected in this story. Granted, much of the activity is generated on the Internet, on discussion boards like this one, but the original strategy was developed for phone-in radio shows.

Here's a cut and paste of an overview of "troll marketing" principles and resources that I put together some time ago:

Social Advertising Best Practices

Social media is big and getting bigger, providing marketers with a combination of reach, relationships, and relevance:

* Reach: Social media has overtaken email as the most popular consumer activity
* Relationships: Social media's strength is in the personal connections it enables, the peer-to-peer contact…
* Relevance: Consumers are extremely engaged with the content and connections that their friends are creating because of its personal relevance.

Chris Koch's B2B Marketing Blog: Eight reasons to monitor social media and a list of tools for doing it

Here are some of the ways that these tools give marketers more insight into online conversations:

* Assign a response. Some of the tools let you define the types of comments or conversations that deserve a response, flag them, and route them to a designated person for action...

* Identify influential sources. The tools can determine the popularity of conversations and the sources of those conversations. This helps you decide which blogs you’d like to do outreach with, for example.

Chris Koch: How to create B2B social media policies
One of the cornerstones of a social media strategy is having a clear set of corporate social media guidelines or policies. The best documents don’t just tell employees what not to do; they also tell them what they should be doing to further the marketing goals of the company.
* Encourage community through sharing and attribution. Social media is not just a place for broadcasting opinions. Employees should be encouraged to become part of the community by doing research and linking to other relevant content—not just their own.

Separate opinion from fact. The best retort to criticism is factual evidence to the contrary. But employees need to check those facts for accuracy and attribute them rather than passing along something they aren’t sure about.

Make it public. Nothing demonstrates your openness and commitment to social media more than making your policy publicly available. ..

Chris Koch: Three steps for B2B marketers to build a personal social media presence
You may have to adopt a more split business personality (and do more work). You shouldn’t just get involved in social media to the extent necessary to do your day job. To get better, you should think of yourself as part of the emerging guild of B2B marketers in social media. …your personal social media goal—to be a valued member of the online B2B marketing guild—let’s talk about how you go about building your presence.
Step 1. Monitor
Step 2. Engage
Step 3. Manage

Also see: Covert Operations

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I read into this and the service in question exists to supply voice talent to business interested in radio commercials. Do you honestly think that this is some sort of "gotcha" find? I think not.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Seriously???
I figured members of ATS were WAY beyond the whole left/right Democrat/Republican, Liberal/Conservative
false Paradigms.

Do you honstly see this as a "Democrat" thing or were you just being facietious???

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by anon72

Seriously???
I figured members of ATS were WAY beyond the whole left/right Democrat/Republican, Liberal/Conservative
false Paradigms.

No, that's just wishful thinking. I have decided (and you can too) to simply view anybody that uses cute nicknames for either party to have completely invalid arguments. If they are propagating the illusion that we are all enemies of each other and not the banking industry or Manhattan, then they are only helping them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Ohh you mean people who hate the "Dems" or the "Republicrats"
or the "Loony Left" or the "Neo Cons" or the "Libs" or the "Cons".

Yeah I'm totally there with you.
The MInuite I hear the Derrogatory Pet manes come out I know exactly who I am dealing with and will shut down the converation faster than $hit through a Goose.
I cannot MAKE anybody stop being ignorant.
I think that is where alot of people trip themselves up.
They try to MAKE people "Wake Up" and it NEVER works.
You will always get the same reaction as you would if you were at their bedside at 3am and you tried to
"Wake them up".
They are going to be PISSED!

To the other poster:

All I can do is gently nudge you and hope that it was enough to begin the waking process.

So here is my nudge,
The Left/right Conservative/Liberal Republican/Democrat Paradigm is a false one and exists Purely to divide us.
We have more in common than a silly Label which indicates which team we are on, don't we?

I like BBQing on the weekends with a beer in one hand and my wife in the other.
I like tickling my kids.
I like ATS
I like Kicking Puppies
woops, Just seeing if you were paying attention
I hate feeling like a slave in the land of the free.
I want a better life for myself
I want a better life for EVERYONE!
It breaks my heart to see suffering of any kind.

How many of these can you honestly disagree with?
We have sooooo much in common and ALL of it is for nothing because someone tricked you into believing that there
are only TWO teams in the game of life and you need to pick one and ONLY one.
Once you've done that......You have an instant enemy already picked out for you despite the fact that it is you next door neighbor whom you used to BBQ with every weekend.
Maybe you still do but,.....somewherre deep inside you know that you are just a little better/smarter than him
because you are a/an _________________.

This is all silly and you know it.
Take off your team jersey and join my team. I call it team Humanity.We all get to wear whatever color jersey we want.

end of attempt.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join