It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to protect yourself when SHTF in UK/country where guns are banned?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

A bolt from a 150 LB draw weight crossbow will go straight threw an inch thick chip board at 4 yards distance, I would think that would be enough............

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Are you expecting to go into a fight? that is the first of your problems, running TOWARDS the trouble.

How about trying not to get into that in the first place, go the other way.

Find out where your mountians are, go there. I live not far from a huge mountian range, i fell safe
Not to mention a lot around here fly helicopters from their houses.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I always thought you couldn't eat Seagulls.

It's the killing them that is the issue, mostly not legal.. but quite a number of the older fishermen I know have eaten them while out at sea as a nicer alternative to fish fish fish...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

It's the killing them that is the issue, mostly not legal.. but quite a number of the older fishermen I know have eaten them while out at sea as a nicer alternative to fish fish fish...

I'd feel about as weird eating a seagull as I would eating a dolphin. I dunno nothing about it seems right.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There really is no answer. You have too many people crammed on a tiny little rock in the sea and nowhere to run to. Your back is against the wall. By being subject to a monarch and giving up your gun rights, there are few options left.

Straight up and honest, If I was there

1. I would get a plane ticket and work visa for some other country that allows legal aliens to own guns.
2. If I was so in love with my homeland I could not bear to leave, I would dig and become a mole person.
3. Just fill out the paperwork and get a .22lr and a 12 ga shotgun.

Just fill out the paperwork seems to make the most sense. Why leave your home behind?

On the other hand how can you stay in another easter island? all resources stripped and gone?

Tough choices. The big picture says go while you have the chance.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

As a fellow Brightonian I can vouch for the number of arms, however I confess I have only seen them in the form of Nerf guns from the local toy shop, my son made me buy him one the other day, so here's hoping we now have it covered

Although something tells me darling daughter's vocal capacity could well be a more effective weapon

I was thinking of the nutters in Lewes and the other bonfire societies..
have you seen the things they carry!

Shakes head...
not to mention probably having the global supply of black powder at their disposal

edit on 8/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

This is my first ever post here - hello!
I am one of those nutters from Lewes! We can swing a firey torch it has to be said!
As for the guns - there are a lot of farms around here, I like to think if I really needed one, a farming friend would give me one, but in my heart I would be devastated. I think guns are awful.
But I am very new to all this, and I have a husband and a lot of children to think about, and I would do anything for those little monsters, and if it meant shooting someone, then I would do it. Although I would rather swing a torch, or cast a spell! (not really!)
To be honest, it would have to be a real SHTF, cause I would not take the chance of going to prison for it, or dealing with dodgy chaps on the street to get one, and having one in the house would freak me out. Maybe I am just too English.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbean

Hello back and welcome to ATS
waves from down the Valley
(Piddinghoe way)

I have to admit, Lewisians have my admiration
so I can certainly believe you know how to swing a fiery torch
and defiantly have elements around you that know how to blow stuff up

I would prefer to live near a community like Lewes that still has real community spirit as I think that reduces the need for things like guns.

Hope you enjoy your stay on ATS and have lots of fun

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'd feel about as weird eating a seagull as I would eating a dolphin. I dunno nothing about it seems right.

It is good to know that if your starving there could be a source of nourishment in Seagulls that others might be overlooking..but it certainly would be weird as I've grown up thinking of them as a pest.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbean

Yes guns are awful, when you sit down and think what,a little piece of metal going that fast,does to the human body,it should make your skin crawl.I never want anyone who isn't wired for it to fight in a war,that gets people killed.
My father taught me how to shoot when I was 5,the old way with a single shot 22.I've always qualified "expert" and the Cav would not let a scout go to sniper school.I accepted that a gun is a necessary evil at a young age.Serial killer movies bored me because all anyone needed was a gun and awareness.As a 19D that was verified by Desert Storm.I wasn't finished,we had a perfect force to do it but we left a lot of people there.An Iraqi lieutenant I took prisoner was begging us to invade,so strange to hear him ask.They were like homeless people no food or water and cold.We got them warmed up and fed before we turned them over,intelligence got mad about that but I believe there is still ,amongst a few,respect and honor in warriors.
But every time I hear about be headings and recall the mass graves and how people can't fight back.I reaffirm my oath to God I will not allow that to happen here.There are alot of people here who feel the same as my debate opponent here.
Should I just let big and bad slaughter these people because of their opinion?
I'm not that petty

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

You don't, you run and beg for your life.
Guns always win the argument, if you need proof, look at any military action since the invention of the gun.
Unless you have a bomber or a missile system, even then it's still sketchy.
Otherwise you run and die.
Get a gun or make one.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Sorry, but if you are completely unarmed then you are going to be a target.

I hope you don't have the responsability of protecting anybody, you don't seem to understand what such a situation would represent.

Carrying a weapon isn't cowardly, seeking to avoid any sort of confrontation is however.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
The title explains what im asking really. Here in the UK getting a gun is not an option unless you have a lot of land and even then they are very limited capacity and power.

I also live in the EU and just registered on this board because of having similar thoughts.

Although I find myself a quite down-to-Earth person, I got more and more "confused" about the global event which took place over the last several years. I have a quite good job in the legal sector and usually work with people who commit all kinds of crimes.

Last week I had a chat with one of my fellow workmates. He was telling me he joined a shooting club which is prerequisition in my country to aquire a large caliber firearm. He said he almost passed the 12-month testing phase and that he is about to legally buy his own handgun.

We were also both joking about end-time stories but I must admit I really wasn't sure whether I really wanted to laugh.

Anyway, about this firearm thing - just in theory:
What do you guys think is the importance possessing a real, meaning large caliber firearm in case of an worldwide catastrophe of "apocalyptic magnitute"? Certainly, I would consider basic things such as drinking water, food and safe shelter way more important.

Hope you do not misunderstand me. I am really a very normal woman. But on the other hand, I consider more and more if I shouldn't join a shooting club as well in order to be "prepared" for the coming years.
edit on 28-6-2011 by mrsbold because: Grammar.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
if you live in the UK and you cant have guns, you sure can have nail guns and nail gun ammo and fasteners

just with that device alone you have the capability of creating a FIREARM that can shoot many different types of projectiles, the key is to lock the muzzle safety back so the firing pin will forward to the primer and my friends the rest is history

150 or better milliwatt green laser or 1 watt 1000mw infrared laser will destroy someones ability to see if not outright permanently blind them, you can buy them on ebay
also they are now selling 1000 lumen LED flashlights that work great too.

i always say if there is a will there is a way, just because things aren't readily available doesn't mean there wont be a way

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A gun is actually pretty easy to obtain in the UK. You just have to go to the right bars.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
A gun is actually pretty easy to obtain in the UK. You just have to go to the right bars.

is that how you got ur gun???

hehe

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join