It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event is back...Who's watching? (spoilers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I loved the take on the missile launch, and how it was covered up with a story about being from a plane....

Very topical. Also, a lot of questions answered. We have a better idea of agendas. Sophia wants to get people home to a dying or dead planet...Thomas wants to bring all his people here. From the previews, it would seem they maybe used to inhabit Earth, then left? (would explain some of the earlier mysteries, like how they knew what to look for after just crashing, and identified an Earth radio, etc.).

Like LOST, they're answering questions, while still generating more mystery. So far, I'm enjoying the series.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's waiting on my DVR at the moment. Hope to get to it tonight. Very excited about what the ensuing season has in store!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I watched it last night, a real good show. I think they are trying to tell us that there is a lot of Hybrids here on Earth, hiding as humans. Who knows what will happen when the Pleiadians and Reptilians get here? War, perhaps?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Life is a solitaire game played by some old man that may or may not be evil....Excellent show and hope it doesn't disappoint like Lost did.... If the aliens are us from the future then I'm guessing the 1% difference in DNA was caused by their new planet....I can see a missing link episode in the future.....Maybe an explanation of how the pyramids were built... So much potential for this show and yeh, I loved the missile explanation... TPTB making fun of us or just genuine art imitating life?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
enjoyed the new show, here's hoping all the future episodes continue to answer some question every show

...I like the dynamic/conflict between doing the right thing (Sophia possibility) and doing the right thing for your people/race (Thomas) blurs the lines of morality should make for some good episodes

Question: not sure if it was mentioned in the shows yet, have they stated how long the non-Terran's live for??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

I can't recall an exact number either, even being mentioned. Thomas did say another 66 years rather casually though, so it would seem to be pretty long. Wonder what it is for the hybrids?

The old man, I think, is the "one" that Sophia and Simon were talking about...the one they can't forgive, etc. My thinking is that he was one of them, and maybe tried to take power from Sophia before the crash or he's one of their enemies, such as a different race of being. His last scene definitely points to time travel and prediction, etc.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

(possibly spoiler)
I did notice that the 2 children of the pilot are aging normally (at least they haven't hinted otherwise) and the youngest daughter was not "aged" like the rest of the children in the white van, it appeared as though they gave the hybrid children in the van (assuming they were all hybrid kids) the same injection Sean gave to the non-terran in the corn field

...also I think they can live very long, did you see how scared the women in the staircase was when she found out Sean (I think is his name) admitted he killed the other non-terran, they appear very scared of being killed by humans...almost like they have much more life to live and didn't expect to die anytime soon

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

it would seem they maybe used to inhabit Earth, then left?

There from Atlantis and left earth when Atlantis was destroyed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great show. I also discovered Firefly on the Science channels so now I got 2 shows on tv I gotta watch, Plus Top Shot... Anyways, I liked that stone table thing at the end with all the lines on it and the dominoe shaped stones. I could see an elitist having something like that that came out of some ancient site and was kept hidden from the world. Maybe it belonged to Merlin or an ancient alien. I have seen a lot of stuff on this show that makes me think the writers have been here. The hybrids, the different factions of aliens, the experiments, aliens that look human, aliens hiding amongst us, aliens preparing for the arrival of other aliens, the way the government acts. Or maybe this is all becoming common knowledge or urban mythology or whatever you wanna call it. Can`t wait to see how it turns out. Now I have a reason to Not want "the" cataclysm to happen yet. I think I can wait till 2012 now, maybe a little later even...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

There [sic] from Atlantis and left earth when Atlantis was destroyed.

That's pretty much what I was hinting at...Atlantis or Mu, maybe even Mayans or Egyptians, etc. Some kind of ancient, but advanced civilization. Would seem to fit the statements made by the characters and ads.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The old man, I think, is the "one" that Sophia and Simon were talking about...the one they can't forgive, etc. My thinking is that he was one of them, and maybe tried to take power from Sophia before the crash or he's one of their enemies, such as a different race of being. His last scene definitely points to time travel and prediction, etc.

I'm pretty sure the "one" they were talking about is the Pilot (Michael Buchanan). She was saying she couldn't forgive him for attempting to fly the plane to attempt to kill the President. But you never know...maybe that is just the obvious connection we are supposed to make with the real "one" being someone else.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

also I think they can live very long, did you see how scared the women in the staircase was when she found out Sean (I think is his name) admitted he killed the other non-terran, they appear very scared of being killed by humans...almost like they have much more life to live and didn't expect to die anytime soon

I wasn't under the impression that those people are non-human. I thought they worked for the old man, and he is definately "something" else...but I never thought that the people working for him were anything other than normal people. Just like the guy/girl hit squad that was after Sean...I never thought they were alien.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Yep, I too am not so sure the folks working for him have any idea who or what he is. After all, in the end scene, he was sure his aide wouldn't understand what he was talking about...

I'm pretty sure the "one" they were talking about is the Pilot (Michael Buchanan). She was saying she couldn't forgive him for attempting to fly the plane to attempt to kill the President. But you never know

Yeah, you're probably right, I think I was just hoping it was deeper than that and he was more of a red herring on it....but since he was able to give them the needed info, I'm pretty sure you're correct.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hello...I hope everyone is enjoying The Event. I noticed something odd on the last episode when the piolots daughter was asking him where he was from and what she is and so on. He replied that he was from what earth called NGC253. He didnt say exactly what it was in the show, but curious as I am I decided to google it. Why would the show or producers have chosen the Sculptor Galaxy also known as the Silver Coin Galaxy?? You can google it and there is plenty of info to go around. You can only observe this galaxy from the southern hemisphere. Just thought I would mention this. I am new here and am not allowed to start a post yet. If someone has brought this up,,,sorry.

Lightmeup04

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

It's an odd choice, as the Sculptor Galaxy doesn't have any kind of case history in the UFO/Alien genre. One reason may be that this galaxy seems a close match for our own. In stating this though...the aliens are WAY more advanced than most sci-fi.

It's one thing to go to other stars in the same galaxy...quite another to go between galaxies!

For perspective, the Star Trek Universe's main areas of civilization are ALL in our own galaxy. One spinoff, Voyager, even uses the premise that they were accidentally warped to just another quadrant, and even at max warp, would take years to get home.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Some strange things about this episode...plot hole-wise.

1. Why the heck did the President inform Sophia, a woman he no longer trusts, about where and when they were moving the rods? He could have just said "Thanks for the tip" and been done with it!

2. It seemed like the President was tired of doing what she says, yet when given the chance to do otherwise (like put false rods in the reactor with tracking beacons, and/or ship decoy false rods with tracking), he misses the mark, which begs why the big reaction in the first place.

3. Personally, it's hard to see how ANYBODY is following Sophia. Thomas has outmaneuvered her at every turn, while she is stuttering around in the dark (and kept them imprisoned for 66 years)...

4. Shawn loved his gal enough to risk his life many times to rescue her...and now, just because she isn't completely human, he's ok just turning his back on her? Really not fitting his character as defined. Not like she knew anyhow..so no deceit or anything.

5. The rods are important enough to warrant maximum security, but in OPEN transport (no tarp, nothing), they trust just a couple of pickups to guard it? Really?

Can we bring back the writers of the previous episodes please???

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's a great show, and I hope it doesn't get cancelled like syfy usually does, when a show is good!

I understand Sean's reaction, even if ti seemed shocking, after all he went through to find his love. At that point, a shock is probably normal, but will he end up with the dark haired one? ( He's lucky if he can choose!!!
)

Can we expect the organization of Dempsey to surface and put itself to Sean's service? I think we can expect that!

Is Martinez' wife an Alien, or a hybrid herself? Maybe there are Aliens hiding here and that are ideologically separated from Sophia's gang, or criminals that came hiding here. After all, the Old Man was part of an old organization fighting them, some had to be here for a longer period than Sophia and gang... ( Unless I slept on 5 minutes of the show, it happens sometimes! I rewind, then, but I could still miss a minute...
)

A question! What happened to Leila's little sister? I can't remember where they put her!

And lastly, maybe Sean is a hybrid, or one of his ancestor was. What Dempsey was using for divination could well be an old form of the Aliens technology.

This time lastly for real; Sophia must be one mean SOB since everyone is acting more afraid of her than just faithful followers, explaining why they kind of easily accepted Thomas' short lived leadership...?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

A question! What happened to Leila's little sister? I can't remember where they put her!

With the alien family, same as Leila. But, with her part in the story over, she's just offscreen. Of course, then one has to wonder why they didn't use her to make Leila talk (other than they just forgot)

And lastly, maybe Sean is a hybrid, or one of his ancestor was. What Dempsey was using for divination could well be an old form of the Aliens technology.

I doubt Sean is a hybrid...though, descendent of another alien faction...perhaps? Dempsey hinted at others. My guess is his tech was from another alien faction.

This time lastly for real; Sophia must be one mean SOB since everyone is acting more afraid of her than just faithful followers, explaining why they kind of easily accepted Thomas' short lived leadership...?

Chances are, their society is used to strong leadership, and being followers. Hard to fight years of tradition. Sophia lost it when her son died, and this was then compounded when faced with her whole race threatened.

Of course, the show's been cancelled, so hardly much point in debating now....

top topics

join