It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified US 'Space Plane' in Orbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Classified US 'Space Plane' in Orbit

www.military.com

March 07, 2011
UPI
The U.S. X-37B space plane was in orbit Sunday after a successful launch from Cape Canaveral, Fla., Boeing said.

The Boeing-built orbital test vehicle lifted off from the cape Saturday evening and was installed in a low orbit for a mission that has been largely classified.

The launch came a day after Friday's scheduled launch was scrubbed by bad weather.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, the last Space Shuttle flight has gone, but for those who want a U.S. space presence and capability the X-37B space plane has gone up for yet another classified 'test' flight.

It will be interesting to see how often they fly the X-37B and how many of it's missions will remain classified.

The innagural mission took a snub at conspiracy theorists by announcing it had top secret cargo, and then later revealed it to be a wheel of aged cheese, stored in a barrel bolted to the floor with Top Secret emblazoned all over it.

With all kinds of concerns as to what might be going on up in space ranging from nations trying to knock out one another's satellites to fears that the New World Order Crowd might used space based weaponry and projection equipment to stage a mock alien invasion, the X-37B flights are something some might want to keep their eyes on.

www.military.com

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks for reporting this story. I'll definitely be keeping an eye.
I wouldn't be surprised of a staged alien invasion, but it does seem less likely. It can easily induce mass chaos though, which could very easily open up doors for homeland invasions and the whole fema scenario people fear.

It's just hard to imagine the kinds of things that could be going on with these top secret low orbit crafts. My guess is it would be a orbiting weapons system and maybe a patrol, for others like it from other countries?

I'm not really sure because there's so much on the table at this point regarding cover-ups, space, and weaponry.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

It certainly seems to be an area that it's hard to get quality information regarding.

The good news is that hopefully flights of the plane will keep Cape Caneveral from becoming a huge ghost town now that the Shuttle Missions are over.

The bad news is we have no idea what they are really going to be using this space plane for.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I strongly suspect the NRO has a deep hand in both the flights and the spacecraft. The cargo is probably an advanced camera system and the reason for the spacecraft is that it makes for recoverable surveillance satellites. These are expensive to build and if you can recover them so much the better.

The cold war may be over but the spying on other nations like Iran is not. My best,

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Has anyone got any photos of this Aircraft? Sorry if it on here somewhere, its just you lot can find it quicker than me.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/667a6660964f.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af4defb650b4.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The Atlas-Centaur rocket that they use to launch the X37 is part of a family of rockets that dates from 1962, with many updates through the years.

Seems as though they were smart to use a well-tested, tried and true launch vehicle at least.Atlas-Centaur Wiki

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
I strongly suspect the NRO has a deep hand in both the flights and the spacecraft. The cargo is probably an advanced camera system and the reason for the spacecraft is that it makes for recoverable surveillance satellites. These are expensive to build and if you can recover them so much the better.

The cold war may be over but the spying on other nations like Iran is not. My best,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread that the author claims "he was just pondering", but amazingly its looking like his perception that the ISS was a "post" of sorts for "satellite repair technicians", may have some truth behind it.
Me, though, have always wondered if some of the crop circles that pop up, dont come from some of those "defense" satellites out there. Its a stretch, but if you had a satellite in space that could create these, wouldnt you? Just for laughs?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i cannot help thinking about the slab of cheese! it is either as you say a kind of wind up or, may i speculate that as the vehicle is unmanned, it could be used not only for nro/camera work but also to gain further insight into the south atlantic anomaly. the region as you will more than likely know hosts an abundance of ionised particles and is quite dangerous to astronauts. maybe the cheese is a test cheese and the holes counted before and after will indicate positron abundance. sounds silly but you never know!
regards f

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I would say 7 months in orbit is a little more than a test.link But we have had beautiful spirals as a effect from there 7 moths of testing.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Makes you wonder just what they are testing huh?

That U.S. Government is one tricky rabbit!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

J.B., forgive me for being skeptical by nature, and I am not saying the 7 month test did not occur. However, after reviewing the so called "landing", I really was curious why the video camera was focused on the ground only, seemingly awaiting for the "landing" to pass the camera view. I pre-suppose this particular camera was on a tripod or something. Heres the thing...with a "robotic" craft, making a nightime landing, with special self destruct mechanisms "ready" to be activated if need be, you would think (or at least I did), there would be some "spectacular" footage of re-entry, all the way down to the final resting spot on the runway.
The video of re-entry, would be nice to view, if it happened. just sayin'

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They don't show the landing, but at the end of this video you have clear video of the x-37b in color with people in protective outfits around it.

Heres the launch.

edit on 8-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The innagural mission took a snub at conspiracy theorists by announcing it had top secret cargo, and then later revealed it to be a wheel of aged cheese, stored in a barrel bolted to the floor with Top Secret emblazoned all over it.

www.military.com

The conspiracy is REAL! It would explain why Sarkozy is having so many confidential closed door meetings with Obama. The French are trying to figure out ways to corner the market on making space cheese! Sacre Bleu!

Mmmmmm.....Aged Space Cheese....... Oh yeah baby......... Bet that would be really tasty with some sesame crackers and a bottle of Chianti.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thankyou for the video! I just love this stuff. Maybe if we get the "chatter" going loud enough, tptb may go ahead and create a fake video of this thing "re-entering"... or maybe they'll pull some file footage, of a different craft re-entering, and try to claim it is this one. Something anyway, this happened at night and should have provide on heck of a light show, using available photographic and videographic technologies.
Also, I know that the video does not give close enough views to tell for sure, but to the untrained eye, the craft looks to be in immaculate condition, given the fact that it exited and re-entered the atmosphere, and spent "7 months" exposed to space debris/dust, travelling at how many mph/kph( whatever). The video shows no apparent damage to the craft whatsoever. Although, the star on the airforce logo looks funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would say 7 months in orbit is a little more than a test.link But we have had beautiful spirals as a effect from there 7 moths of testing.

You are stating this as fact. Can you provide the proof you have that these "spirals" are in fact connected to the X-37B test mission? They look like many of the other rocket launch plumes I've seen footage of.

edit on 8-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: of typo

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow that's cool thanks for sharing that.

That must have been some very serious cheese if they needed protective outfits.

Though I suppose there are all kinds of nasty things up in space.

I remember the good old days of the Apollo missions when they would fish the astronauts out of the water, and then quarantine them for three days on a navy ship.

I wonder what all those guys really went through during those 72 hours.

new topics

top topics

join