It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 killed in gunbattles in northeastern Mexico, 7 police killed yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Article

CULIACAN, Mexico – Gunbattles between rival gangs killed 18 people in a northeastern Mexican town Monday, a day after seven police officers and an inmate died in an ambush of a convoy transporting prisoners in western Mexico.

The fighting in the town of Abasolo erupted Monday morning and left at least 18 people dead, the Tamaulipas state government said in a three-sentence statement that offered no details. It said state and federal security forces had arrived in the town to restore order and investigate.

In northwestern Sinaloa state, meanwhile, gunmen swarmed a convoy transporting two prisoners, shredding three police vehicles with bullets and killing seven officers and one inmate, Sinaloa state Attorney General Marco Antonio Higuera said Monday. Six officers and the second inmate were wounded.

It has been awhile since I last heard about the situation in Mexico, but I saw this today and decided to post it.

The article is a bit lengthy, but it does give somewhat of an update on the Mexico situation. More violence, more death, more beheadings.

Apparently, 2 gangs have formed an alliance to.

Mexican authorities say the Sinaloa and Gulf cartels made a pact last year to destroy the Zetas.

and this to

Federal police, meanwhile, said a newly captured leader of the Zetas drug cartel revealed it has a non-aggression pact with three other gangs — the Juarez, Beltran Leyva and Arellano Felix organizations. While the four gangs are not known recently to have been fighting major turf wars with each other, it was the first mention of a formal truce between them.

edit on 8-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Those damn drug cartels keep exploiting our walmarts by buying rpg's, grenades, and fully automatic weapons. Ya know when I was in the national guard, our old m16-a2's were going too..... Wait mexico? I am gona puke the next time someone says they get their guns from us. Well they do, the US gov. The average sheeple still thinks you can walk into walmart and buy full auto weapons, grenades and explosives.

Deebo
edit on 8-3-2011 by Deebo because: too add

edit on 8-3-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
this is not only yesterday....this is every day ... since Felipe Calderon officially declare war against the drug cartels... there has been more that 30,000 deaths since 2006

you want to check up on daily executions and captures.... www.blogdelnarco.com www.blogdelnarco.com
i speak spanish but u might want to translate it.

also check the date of every entry in that website...and count how many per day
edit on 8-3-2011 by dannikilla13 because: more information

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dannikilla13

It has been somewhat difficult to keep with with the violence down there. I read that some of the killings just go unreported because of the fear of retalitation from the cartels if the news publishes anything about it.

Lately, it seems that the violence in Mexico has been somewhat sweeped under the rug in the news.

top topics

join