It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity and it's Benchmarking of Extraterrestrial Intelligence & Mannerism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What never ceases to amaze me. Is how, we as a race. Seem to feel we can accurately define the actions of supposed other races. From their levels of intelligence, to how they interact with other beings and the world around them. We seem to have this profound expectation, that an ET civilization came up in a very similar manner to our own. We are arrogant in our self acknowledged and at times self what indulgent level of intelligence as a race. It often shines through on such a subject as Alien's & UFO's.

Let's be honest here. There is not one person here, who can show 100% thorough knowledge of an ET civilization. This is a subject, you need to be willing to think outside the proverbial box of human logic. I think people forget that in this day and age. We do have some very complex as far as humans are concerned, technology active in our world. Some of which is not necessarily operated by the most intelligent beings on our earth. So what's to say that some of these ET beings can not be in the same shoe's?

Is it that hard to fathom the possibility that a alien could risk revealing itself, to observe something as trivial as a cat on a porch? A animal which may not be native to their home world or not yet before encountered in their life? This example I give is somewhat struck from contents of posts in the "Kid catches Alien on Film" Thread. I believe in this field both sides constantly provide evidence for a 'narrow minded' approach in both belief and skepticism of the subject.

I mean seriously, knowing what Humans are like. An put yourself in a ET like position visiting a foreign planet. Would you not think it possible you would do the same. Hey even self indulge yourself with a teasing of the natives with a laser pointer? Though realistically I don't want to limit thinking to such things. My main point being, we are being narrow minded at times about a possible ET presence and their levels of Intelligence and Mannerism's. So my question to fellow ATS members is. Do you agree? Do you disagree? An further more, give a detailed response to your view.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amdusias An further more, give a detailed response to your view.

And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." Genesis 1:26

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I agree that we have no way of knowing of their nature. We don`t know why they don`t come down and talk to everybody and teach us things. Maybe instead of shaking hands, they join dna together to create hybrid species. Maybe they didn`t ask permission to abduct because to them, they psychically entered our minds and sought permission somehow, as may be customary in their culture. Maybe if we truly understood what was happening, we really would say yes to it. Maybe they simply don`t have time to wait for us to evolve and mature enough to understand what is happening, and the quickest most efficient way to come to an agreement is to ask our subconscious minds without us consiously realizing we had entered into an agreement willingly. Not likely, but when you`re dealing with an advanced species, you can only guess. Maybe they really do just look at us as ants or cattle, or savages who are not worth communicating with except key people here and there who will help further the agenda, whatever that may be.
Another thing is, since we don`t know how far along technology really is in our world, it`s difficult to even know if abductions were done by aliens or humans. Makes more sense that the militaries of the world would have a need to test out new technologies than to think aliens have some need to mutilate cows and abduct and experimant on humans. But then that`s coming from a place of very little understanding... Well I sure do think it`s funny when people pretend to know.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can honestly tell you that when I look at what is going on in this world---the bloodthirsty love of war, and lust for the profists of war. The impoverization of nillions of people on planet earth by the few for profits, and the total disrespect for the other species we share this planet with, etc etc etc---I feel VERY upset and alien-ated. So I wonder what the hell possible 'ETs' must think of us. Of what is going on.

I have heard various reports where they seem to show the abductees what we are doing to planet earth. However some cynical people hearing this think it is phony----only because THEY dont see the urgency. But I could assure them if it were them on the front line of the brutality of the worse of our human species they would know the depravity of it.

These people that do this, and many support it and are apthetic about it will argue with you that it is natural, and will spout such social darwinisms as 'only the fittest survive' etc, but they are very sick and have lost any humanity and empathy. So maby the UFO and ET experience is some kind of challenge to these rigid brutal worldviews.

HOPE SO!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Amdusias An further more, give a detailed response to your view.

And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." Genesis 1:26

So I take it you disagree then Zorgon with my notion? Even though I understand the point of your quote. I just think its foolish to presume knowledge of how ET's would act as beings. Though its a natural construct of human logic. To attempt to presume the actions of something we do not fully understand.

top topics

join