It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

questions about a picture of a tank/artilertry? found with grandpa's stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hello i haven't quite figured out how to upload photos yet but its either ww2 or korean era looks like its some form of a tank/artillery piece and the only markings i can see areon the front and are as follows(from left to right): 3 triangle(armored division?) then a - and 2f27 US ARMY a-16: it has a barrel with what looks like a muzzle break and compensator(is that what there called on tanks and artilery?) the turret has openings on the right side(facing the picture) and a guy out side of a top or open topped turret screaming into a phone and pointing im just trying to find out what kind of vehicle it could be as a bunch of my grandfathers stuff got mailed to us to day and im kinda curious to try to find out what its a photo of exactly as google images has failed me thus far and if any one could tell me how to post pictures that would be great or any information on what it might be

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by CaptainTrips because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well is it any of these?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

These are all the U.S. made self propelled howitzers I could think of.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

thats the one en.wikipedia.org...:Self-propelled-howitzer-vietnam.jpg thank you,i had no idea he had been around artilery at all as he was suposed to be in the navy thats why the family was kinda confused thank you again

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Pictures would help.

I'd guess 2nd Armored Division for the unit patch..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17bf29851a91.jpg[/atsimg]

M-26 Pershing is a guess at the tank.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c91fe60cf9a9.jpg[/atsimg]

M26 Pershing

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

sounds like a Self-Propelled Howitzer.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

It would depend on what his Militery Occupational Specialty was, I have two uncles who were in the Navy but spent a lot of time in Vietnam on River Boat Patrol, only one was an actual SEAL Team member. The Marine Corps has and does use Navy Corpsmen in combat environments all of the time, this was true in Vietnam as well as today. Either of these could be in close proximity to Artillary at some point.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

thats the one en.wikipedia.org...:Self-propelled-howitzer-vietnam.jpg thank you,i had no idea he had been around artilery at all as he was suposed to be in the navy thats why the family was kinda confused thank you again

The U.S. Marines operate a multitude of field artillery and are a component of the U.S.N.

Perhaps some connection there?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

The U.S. Marines operate a multitude of field artillery and are a component of the U.S.N.

Perhaps some connection there?

some connection ? what do u mean by??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
sorry had to run into town im still not sure how to add images as it keeps asking me for a url but i only have them on my desk top any pointers?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

yeah we managed to find a note pretty much talking about some of the details of the picture but i had evidently been mistaken my dads dad was in the navy and my moms dad was in the marines so that cleared that up for me as i wasent originaly sure which one of my grandfathers the box was from

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you want to upload the pictures, start an account with a site such as Flickr, or photobucket, upload the pictures there. The upload site should then give you a URL (Universal Resource Locator - the page 'address') that you can then use to link to from these forums.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you notice most American military have a star (apentagram) with a cirlce around it, so do sherif and police badges, in wicca this is a sign of protection magic.

top topics

join