It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Forum? Please post your moon pictures here!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yes marsorbust that's a very nice photo effort. I see color in your image. I have a toy store telescope but I have seen wonderful clarity through it of the moon. If you can determine the magnification of my scope, I can image a golf ball to fit the field of view at a 300 yard distance, (long story when I lived on the 'farm').

I have actually shot polaroids through the telescope at a beach long ago, (no further comment please) so when the rain stops and the skies clear, I'm going to try my digital through the scope somehow.

I always seemed to be cursed with overcast skies during this past year's celestial events, like today, I could have captured the ISS at 7:20 a.m. but it sucked outside, well I will look for my next window anyway.

Thanks for the image.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Hi Illustronic,

Only too glad to help your thread, any time I hear of the moon, I like to partake.

I often take pictures of beaches, you know, like rocks, seagulls, waves, that's about it of course, I'll say no more.

Your scope is probably 60 mm. Most aren't too bad and if its an older one quality is probably very good.

Your magnification can be found easily enough, if your focal length is 1000 and your eyepiece is 10 mm then your magnification = scope focal length divided by eyepiece focal length is equal to 100x. a 2x barlow would bring it to 200x. You'll want exceptional conditions for going higher, rule of thumb is no more than 40 to 50 x per inch of aperture. It can vary with sky conditions.

If you like to take moon images set your camera at infinity focus and buy or make a a support to hold it against the eyepiece, be careful to make sure you allow for maximum lense movement of the camera where you can zoom it up to get the image to fill the viewfinder. You don't want to crash the camera lense into the eyepiece.

Take care and good luck.

Mob

edit on 11/3/11 by marsorbust because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/11 by marsorbust because: spelling blunders

<< 1   >>

join