It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“That is skin cancer” Wait! What?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Does not sound serious, but if it is serious always good to have a second look and perspective on things. Here is a site from a member called IgnoranceIsntBlisss, on cancer info and natural cures, were he made a thread about it.
www.cancerisdead.com...

Wouldn't want you to go kaput, who would put up all those posts that mysteriously disappear then.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Over time any sore can become cancer.

I have seen a couple people that have had sores that would not heal and had biopsies that came back normal had the sores come back as cancer years later.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
In Australia, skin cancer is something everybody needs to be vigilant about. Especially if you spend plenty of time outside in the sun. It is normal practice to get the doctor to give you a check at least once a year for these little buggers, just tie it in with another visit if you are already going to the doctor.
Most of the time if one is found it normally gets burnt off the same day, but it is better to make sure you catch them early, if you notice a freckle or mole change shape or colour head off to get it checked straight away.

Anyway, hope all goes well for you and it is good that you bring a little reminder for others as it often goes unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I had a nasty one diagnosed in 2003 and it took 2 operations to get it all out but I was lucky to have caught it in time. Had needle ultrasound biopsies and all that to prove it was all gone so I consider myself lucky because it was in the middle of my back where I'd never have seen it even after it was too late to do anything about it. It was just a flat dark spot less than 1 cm in diameter that developed reddish fringes, not a classic mole which is slightly raised (a dark lump).

Got out of hospital the day GW invaded Iraq and got to watch the whole kerfuffel over there on CNN while recovering from the surgery.

Hope you come out of all this feeling relieved like I did.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

That is scary, the issues that can go unnoticed and/or ignored. What I have on my leg is obvious, not something that can be overlooked as a mole. Very glad to hear that it all turned out well.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

LadySkadi, thanks for the empathy for others. I do wish you the best with your situation and hope you can maintain a positive attitude as best you can why overcomming it.

Be well

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your situation Lady.

I really have very little faith in the medical community these days, since it is money driven. There are great things they can do these days, but mis-diagnosis, greed and incompetence are rampant, so I would suggest second opinions without the second doctor actually knowing what the first doctor said.

I know that you take care of yourself, so I would wager your tests will come back negative.

I think it might be because you didn't do any snow angels out in the snow this year and it's symptoms of cabin fever, crossing my finger for you.

Hugs,

RT

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well, Lady Skadi, you have my utmost sympathy, and I hope that everything turns out OK for you.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc03377d4940.gif[/atsimg]

I hope that this is nothing more than a false alarm.

I had a cancer scare 3 years ago, where I had an unnaturally large lump on the right side of my gum. It eventually turned out that it was just a pus-filled cyst, and it got pierced and drained accordingly !

I bet that those details made you feel a lot better ( ! )

Seriously though, I wish you all the best, and I hope that you keep us fully updated on your wellbeing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
“That is skin cancer”

I heard the doctor say these words to me this morning. It is just her guess, a biopsy has yet to confirm. “It looks like Basal cell, not the kind that will kill you” she said calmly. Skin cancer? Really? I was expecting to hear her say it was just some rash... I’m still a bit rocked, to be honest.

Two-weeks ago I noticed a little sore on my leg. It’s about the size of my thumb-nail, a little red and itchy, a bit like eczema or a healing blister. No big deal. I put some cream on it and forgot about it, but the sore didn’t get better nor did it worse. Just stayed the same. I’m not one to run to the doctor often. I very rarely get sick and so it didn’t occur to me to go in until I started getting fed up with the itchiness. I figured two-weeks was long enough to wait.

Apparently, two-weeks is nothing. The doc said she has seen people wait years, including her own mother, who had something similar on her cheek. So there I am, sitting in the office while she keeps talking about how common this is and that it used to be only seen in those over 50 years, but that it's becoming increasingly common in younger people... and all I’m thinking is that she actually said the words: “skin cancer” to me. *Though again, it has yet to be confirmed*

This post is meant to be a gentle reminder to anyone who is not paying attention to themselves. For those who don’t know their body, who don’t know what it feels like, who don’t know what should and should not be there, who don’t know what is “normal” for them. Pay attention to you. Know you. There isn’t anyone else who can or will do this better, than you.

Yes, there are many theories (especially here) surrounding health and well-being. Yes, there are clashes between alternative and mainstream ideas about it and Yes it is true that the most notable choices doctors offer may not be right for everyone.

My point is simple: you cannot choose your course, if you aren’t paying attention to begin with.

edit on 7-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Get a second opinion if you can financially afford it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I also strongly endorse LadySkadi's message about making yourself aware of your own body and health.

In fact, cancer awareness has made it perfectly acceptable for me to fondle my scrotum in the shower every morning !

Although my above remark was obviously intended to be light-hearted and slightly facetious, there is, as always, a more serious undercurrent to it.

If you have any lump or lesion that you cannot account for, then please seek medical advice. It doesn't matter how trivial you may think it is; your personal health and wellbeing is something that you can't put a price on !

It goes without saying that illnesses and diseases are more successfully treated the earlier they are diagnosed, so don't hesitate to see your doctor if you are remotely concerned about any health issue.

Also, I've heard stories of men who had lumps on their testicles, or women who discovered a lump on their breast, who didn't go to the doctor due to the 'embarrassment' of the parts of the body that were involved.

While it's not pleasant to reveal some of the more intimate parts of our bodies to strangers, doctors see all of this stuff ( and worse ! ) on a daily basis. So please don't let any social discomfort get in the way of your personal health.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hi LadySkadi.

I'm sorry you've had such bad news, though I'm glad you caught it early.

Hearing the words " it may be cancer" will frighten most people.

I really hope things work out ok for you.

Best wishes

Jono

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hey, thanks... and yep, that's the whole point of throwing this thread together (I know, it was quick and could have been more in depth) but I just meant it to be about self-awareness and encouraging others to be actively involved in one's health, early intervention, etc.

It is also a bit about the health care industry, in general (or at least, may turn into a rant about that)... The way this is being handled is frustrating and speaks to the doctor/patient relationship as well as treatment alternatives. As I mentioned, my doc. seemed adamant that it IS skin cancer and told me so, as well as recommending surgery and removal in it's entirety, though a biopsy has yet to confirm (it's not even until next week) and in so stating her opinion without test results to back it up, set me up to deal with "what if's" for the time being.

edit on 9-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That is a staph infection.

The little blister itchy like bubbles or blister like bubbles around the feet.

They are itchy and if you scratch them it is really itchy. Once you scratch you get the urge to keep scratching until it bleeds.

It actuall feels good when you dig into it.

Be careful as this is staph.

Clean it good with antiseptic and apply a good neosporin or antibiotic cream.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As mentioned above, Tea Tree Oil is awesome for skin infections... well worth a shot.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
All types of cancer are going to get more and more common because of all of our cellphones, full body scanners, wifi, and not to mention the entire north hemisphere is bathed in radiation at the moment. Sorry to say it, but we'll all pretty much dead, Everybody is going to get affected by cancers and stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I wish you well and thank you for the post, which will likely cause some folks to take a more active step in preventative health. You could actually save someone's life with this post.

Especially of you are fair skinned, everyone should do a head to toe exam once a year once they hit 30. Takes about 15 minutes. Dark skinned folks are also often under the notion that they can not get skin cancer and that is not true. It is less common, but can still happen.

Best of luck

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lab results came back last week, it turns out not to be skin cancer but a "reaction to environmental factors" whatever that means. Neither the doctor, nor the lab could explain it beyond that general description. Lesson learned. Get a Second opinion! Peace

edit on 4-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

it turns out not to be skin cancer but a "reaction to environmental factors" whatever that means.

Glad this was nothing more than personal sensationalism...

Thanks for the update chica-bonita...

edit on 4-4-2011 by facelift because: gmmaarr

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Next time I'll just pick up a bottle, as others have been known to do.

edit on 4-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Dimethyl-sulfoxide (DMSO) has also been known to cause tumours. So caution, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join