It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“That is skin cancer” Wait! What?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
“That is skin cancer”

I heard the doctor say these words to me this morning. It is just her guess, a biopsy has yet to confirm. “It looks like Basal cell, not the kind that will kill you” she said calmly. Skin cancer? Really? I was expecting to hear her say it was just some rash... I’m still a bit rocked, to be honest.

Two-weeks ago I noticed a little sore on my leg. It’s about the size of my thumb-nail, a little red and itchy, a bit like eczema or a healing blister. No big deal. I put some cream on it and forgot about it, but the sore didn’t get better nor did it worse. Just stayed the same. I’m not one to run to the doctor often. I very rarely get sick and so it didn’t occur to me to go in until I started getting fed up with the itchiness. I figured two-weeks was long enough to wait.

Apparently, two-weeks is nothing. The doc said she has seen people wait years, including her own mother, who had something similar on her cheek. So there I am, sitting in the office while she keeps talking about how common this is and that it used to be only seen in those over 50 years, but that it's becoming increasingly common in younger people... and all I’m thinking is that she actually said the words: “skin cancer” to me. *Though again, it has yet to be confirmed*

This post is meant to be a gentle reminder to anyone who is not paying attention to themselves. For those who don’t know their body, who don’t know what it feels like, who don’t know what should and should not be there, who don’t know what is “normal” for them. Pay attention to you. Know you. There isn’t anyone else who can or will do this better, than you.

Yes, there are many theories (especially here) surrounding health and well-being. Yes, there are clashes between alternative and mainstream ideas about it and Yes it is true that the most notable choices doctors offer may not be right for everyone.

My point is simple: you cannot choose your course, if you aren’t paying attention to begin with.

edit on 7-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Interesting.. my wife had something like that flare up on her shoulder. It did not respond to any treatments for eczema, fungal, or even bacteria. The doc never looked at it as cancer. Ultimately, it went away after using a green clay poultice infused with tea tree for several days and cleaned between applications with a witch hazel based toner.

Interestingly, I had a similar sore spontaneously appear on my left achilles area a week ago. Just out of the blue, a grid like pattern of red lumps that swelled up, itched like crazy, burned, bled a bit, then hardened (like an aged blister). A thorough scrubbing, treatment with H2O2, and tea tree has calmed it down. Keeping an eye on it.

Good luck on your biopsy, as well.

edit on 3-7-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I imagine lots of persons have similar stories.

My dad had skin cancer on his face. He was told by his doctor that it was just a mark.

One day he decided to take public transport. He actually never takes public transport - not for several years. A person on the train leaned over and asked him if he realised he likely had skin cancer. He had it checked again. It was saftely removed, but its always been a constant reminder to me to get everything checked twice whenever a doctor says 'oh its nothing.'

Doctors are people, too. Hope you're okay Skad; I enjoy reading your posts.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hearing the words cancer is always a shock and my heart goes out to you and I hope that the results will be very much in your favour.

I'm sure that you have probably researched the subject and know that if caught early the prognosis is very good.
I'm not going to go on about all that other than to say thank you for sharing and reminding others to be vigilant.

May your Angels be with you always to ensure your safe recovery.

Bless you so very much

Studio x

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Google Rick Simpson's oil and youtube it as well !!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
sorry to hear that and i hope you get a good prognosis.

i am guilty of not paying attention too.

it's been a longtime since i have been for a check up. not a good thing at this age.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

My thoughts are with you Madame

Thanks for the reminder

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I've used bentonite clay in the past. It is said to have healing properties and to be good for drawing out impurities. I did think about trying it, as well - though I have not yet done so.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm sure your doctor is competent. However, I thought I'd mention that I've had a sore that sounded just like that. But it turned out to be a sort of "warty plaque." It was like my body was trying to fight it but wasn't completely winning or losing.

I'll hope for you that you have that instead.
edit on 2011/3/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It is only scary because we have been conditioned to believe it is scary.
But, wait, people die from it!
Yes, people die from it because we have been conditioned to eat crap instead of food, and real cures have been outlawed (cannabis oil), and we have been conditioned to believe our lives are really not our own.
We belong to the state.
What will you die from? War, diabetes, or cancer? All completely curable.
You are more likely to die in a car accident, but yet you still drive.
And, we still eat crap instead of raw, natural foods. And, we still send our kids off to war. And, we ignore the fact that cannabis oil cures cancer, and many other diseases like diabetes. You didn't know that?

We live like chickens. Or sheep...cattle. Maybe hogs. Don't complain about something you won't really do anything about.

First, stop going to a damn doctor that doesn't know #.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing,
Goodluck

It IS a great reminder for everyone to watch for changes to their bodies.
I live in OZ and know to well of skin cancer and the dangers it can bring.
One of my good friends brother died of skin cancer a few years back, at the age of 26.
Pictures of His face, along with other victims are now used in TV ad's warning of the dangers of skin cancer and the sun.

Ive worked on metal roofs most of my life, so observing myself and annual skin cancer check ups were a common thing for me.( Work payed, If i had to pay for it i probably wouldnt have gone)
So hopefully if any one has spots that are worrying them, they go get IT checked out.

So once again, Thanks for sharing, And a great reminder for eveyone.
Goodluck

edit on 7-3-2011 by meathed because: Me cant spell proper again

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

It is a scary thing to be told, I was horrified when my Dad was diagnosed with it a few years ago.

Since then I've had three of them myself, two on my head and one on my arm, the only thing that seems to work for me is H202.

I wish you well and hope you will post soon to let us know when it has cleared up

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hey LadySkadi, sorry you are going through this, hopefully it isn't cancer. I will be thinking about you and sending you healing light.

Common or not, no one wants to hear this, I think the doctor should have waited until the biopsy comes back, you are probably worrying for nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That is a scary thing to hear. I'm glad it's not the kind to worry about, but I would still encourage you to test out the bentonite clay that you've tried before. It couldn't hurt.

I found a pea size lump on my calf about a year ago, and decided to try garlic, not knowing that it could burn you.

I had heard it had healing properties.
Well, I crushed a garlic clove into a bandaid, went to bed, and woke up with a second degree burn around the whole area the garlic touched. On the bright side, the lump is really tiny now, but I still have the burn scar. That took months of aloe to clear up :shk: I guess you're not supposed to use full strength, for hours.

I still encourage alternative therapies though, I mistrust doctors.

I hope it turns out to be nothing, good luck.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Don't complain about something you won't really do anything about.

Where was the complaint in the op? I read an a post that said "you are the force behind your health"
Don't be an azz.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

The "oh it's nothing's" and the "it is definitely this" can drive ya nuts, when they spend all of 30 seconds actually looking at the issue, in question. Glad to hear your dad is well and that you learned from his ordeal. That is really the whole point of this thread... taking action on behalf of yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Damn! This just can't be happening. I hope that its nothing too serious and that you recover soon. Sending good thoughts your way LS and keep us updated on your situation. You have our support.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I usually just put DMSO around the area..not directly on it, unless its beneath the skin. Ive gotten rid of several basal cells that way, plus a deep tissue growth that took 20 applications and 1 year, but the dmso finally won

true story

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
" Stella clutches LadySkadi in his arms "

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Not this one !!! .... Damn you Jesus, ...... damn you to hell !!

You'll have to go through me first

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes guys, I do appreciate it. I won't know anything for another week, but surprisingly do not feel stressed. Power of positive thinking, no? Peace.

ETA: okay, I lied. I'm stressed. Sigh...

edit on 7-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join