It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail/Contrail Noob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi all.

I really have no idea about the Chemtrail conspiracy so don't flame me, neither do i know much about contrails, however.

Today i witnessed a plane with a trail, i was sitting in the back garden (sunny evening for once) and i saw the trail get wider and wider and wider, it didn't stay thin, it expanded really wide and fluffy like, untill it got so wide it just looked like a hazy cloud in the sky.

Like this photo:

On the right, thats what the Contrail produced. Is that normal or not?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

some will say normal, others will say chemtrail

the question is....does it look normal to YOU!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Is that normal or not?

Sure is.

I see similar contrails, and cirrus combinations like that, many items, and have for many years. Since you're i the UK, Essan will have the BEST up-to-date atmospheric soundings data, methinks.....right at his (virtual) fingertips, since it is his profession.

It is a complex variety that can be seen, from contrails....just as clouds, too, can be very diverse-looking.

Contrails really are indistinguishable from cirrus clouds in composition. Maybe a bit "dirtier", due to the normal exhaust gas contaminants that are typical, and unavoidable, when you burn petroleum fuels.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

since you are yet to have your opinion chiseled in stone, please check out as much information as you can about atmospheric conditions, and clouds. Those two things will give you much knowledge in this area. And treat all information from either side as half truth until you can verify it scientifically. That way when you find your truth, you will have earned it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i was going to post and tell you not to listen to anything that weedwhacker will show up to say, but i guess he beat me to it...certainly there is something fishy about somebody whose entire being is dedicated to debunking chemtrails...be wary of the disinfo agents...chemtrails are very real, the only question is their purpose...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Odd....

...certainly there is something fishy about somebody whose entire being is dedicated to debunking chemtrails...

Yet, here you are, tryingto "beat me to it"???

Ah, irony......

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Did you take that pic?

Whats weird is that there is a rainbow, which I have never seen in a misty haze. Its not in a circle, its just a rainbow haze.
No cloud does that.

There must be an additive to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Oh??

You seem so certain:

just a rainbow haze.
No cloud does that.

Looky: www.google.com...

Do you understand how raindrops also cause the spectra of sunlight to separate? Thing is, it's the angle you see it at....when it's a "rainbow", as viewed from the ground, against rain falling off in the distance. Looking straight, or angled upwards, is different angle. Same prism effect, though.

Please, don't continue to spread the sort of ignorance that THIS woman does:

"HAARP"!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Listen buddy, I'm a pilot. I know what I’m talking about! I have been flying for years, YEARS, and I have never seen anything like that in our clouds. Perhaps, there is something in your clouds that aren’t in mine, because here in SA you get the normal contrails, but nothing like what has been reported here on ATS.

There are additives in those clouds! And btw, the chemtrails theory I find highly plausible. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Listen buddy, I'm a pilot.

Oh, really?? Small world.....SO AM I!

I know what I’m talking about!

Well...not if you can't recognize normal contrails, and think you are seeing "chem"-trails, you're not knowing at all what you're talking about...sorry.

I have been flying for years, YEARS....

Oh, really?? Small world....SO have I! Nearly forty years, now, for me. How about you??

Total time? Certificates? Ratings?? If you're wondering, about 20,000 hours here. ATP, Commercial ASEL. Typed on the DC-9, B-737 and B-757/767.

...and I have never seen anything like that in our clouds......because here in SA....

Ummm...South America? You do realize (unless your latitude is WAY south, like southern Argentina....and, even "down" there, I am not familiar with the nature of the atmosphere locally, might influence contrail formation too).... that latitude matters, right?? Closer to the Equator, and very different results in contrails....due, as you should realize, to the troposphere, and tropopause levels (altitudes) and general temperatures. It is usually much warmer, in the Tropics, and the latitudes closer to the Equator.....do you have any experience with high altitude flight, and jet airplane specifics?

new topics

top topics

join