It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close encounter with so called "Paece Protesters"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sometimes I work in NYC on the weekend and I happened to be up there this afternoon. I had the "opportunity" to witness some of these so called 'Peace Protesters".

I tell ya what, the peace movement in this country is in pretty sad shape from what I saw. Lots of High School and College kids looking to either cause trouble or just have fun with their friends. Left over hippies trying to re-live the sixties. Communists. People who just protest for a living, I saw plenty of PETA, Gay rights activists, Free Mumia signs, etc. I have no idea what any of this has to do with Iraq. Then again, I guess people who would appreciate a cop killer like Mumia might just love a murderer like Saddam.

Now don't get me wrong, I honestly believe that these people should be able to protest and I support their right to do so. I don't just say that either, I really do mean it. It's what sets our country apart from a lot of others.

What turned me off the most however is that a lot of people brought their kids along to witness this. I don't think your a good parent if you bring your child to a rally where people are waving signs that say things like "F*CK BUSH", "I LOVE IRAQ NOW MORE THAN EVER", "BUSH = HITLER", "F*CK AMERICA" "BUSH KILLS CHILDREN". I was appalled. Chanting and screaming obscenities, its no wonder we have so many screwed up kids with parents like these.

Then the civil disobedience starts, real nice thing to be supporting in front of your children. Let your kids lose all respect for law and order, great job. Let them see people throwing things and spitting at police. Swearing and screaming on the top of their lungs and fighting against the police who are trying to do their job and contain them.

What is wrong with these people? It makes me sick to sit here and watch this.

In the meanwhile, all of the time and money spent to try and keep the peace could be spent trying to stop another terror attack in this country.

It just doesn�t make sense to me. Take your kids to a rally that features violence, anti-Americanism, Communists and hatred. So sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im going to tell you how Iraq is linked to all these issues.

Iraq is another immoral and inhumane unnecessary bloodshed where Bush's friends want to make max money and max power. The very same republican establishment linked to gay or mumia issues.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rascar Capac
Im going to tell you how Iraq is linked to all these issues.

Iraq is another immoral and inhumane unnecessary bloodshed where Bush's friends want to make max money and max power. The very same republican establishment linked to gay or mumia issues.

Uhmmm...thats kind of a stretch don't ya think?

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Insults instead of arguments is all you pro-wars can do. and why ? Because you have too little patience

ok the inflammatory posts were edited ...

In fact i dont think its a stretch .. there are many victims of ultra-conservatism ...

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Rascar Capac]

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think anyone in New York should have a clear understanding that all of these rallies are sponsored by organizations with communist party affiliations. And if those of you who don't believe that would do the slightest bit of research and pretend to be literate you would learn the truth about that real quick. They don't even attempt to hide it.

Oh and as for Mumia Abu Jamal, he and his supporters should be killed. What's fair is fair right? It's ok for him to kill a cop. Bottom line is these stupid college kids are sheep who fall into a longstanding (40 years +) game set up by the communist party in the US. They still exist folks, wake up.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I think anyone in New York should have a clear understanding that all of these rallies are sponsored by organizations with communist party affiliations. And if those of you who don't believe that would do the slightest bit of research and pretend to be literate you would learn the truth about that real quick. They don't even attempt to hide it.

Oh and as for Mumia Abu Jamal, he and his supporters should be killed. What's fair is fair right? It's ok for him to kill a cop. Bottom line is these stupid college kids are sheep who fall into a longstanding (40 years +) game set up by the communist party in the US. They still exist folks, wake up.

Beware of gay communist libertarian free-masonic jewish blacks !!!

You're not serious

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rascar Capac
Insults instead of arguments is all you pro-wars can do. and why ? Because you have too little patience

ok the inflammatory posts were edited ...

In fact i dont think its a stretch .. there are many victims of ultra-conservatism ...

From what I saw today, the protesters in NYC have cornered the market on screaming insults and obscenities.

My post wasn't meant to be "inflammatory", I was simply giving my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
note : the inflammatory posts were deleted...

AF1

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is a good link. Towards the bottom are some sites to ANSWER, a very controversial Anti-War group, which is basically an anti-american front sponsored by the World Worker's party.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
as i have said on here before i support freeing Mumia and anyone who doesn't has no clue about the case. at any rate this is america you can't go around demanding people support your views or be killed. in one breath you support freedom then in the next you seek to take it away from your fellow americans. grow up please.

i'm anti-war and in protest i have decided to wear a peace pin. should i be labled a terrorist? should anyone protesting a war they don't support be labled anything other than american? if you think so you are the one that's supporting the communist.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
as i have said on here before i support freeing Mumia and anyone who doesn't has no clue about the case. at any rate this is america you can't go around demanding people support your views or be killed. in one breath you support freedom then in the next you seek to take it away from your fellow americans. grow up please.

i'm anti-war and in protest i have decided to wear a peace pin. should i be labled a terrorist? should anyone protesting a war they don't support be labled anything other than american? if you think so you are the one that's supporting the communist.

I'm not sure if you read through my original post, but I fully support your right to protest whatever you want. Whether I think it is right or wrong is irrelevant.

Where I draw the line is civil disobedience. You don't have the right to do that, and when you align yourself with people who think that�s okay then people will dismiss you and your opinions.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
actually i was responding to Djarums post--i should have made that clear. some of you newbies are quote happy...
i makes it a chore to go back and find the names.

as to your reply about civil disobedience: it was estimated that over 100,000 people were protesting in NY there is no such thing as crowd control when you are talking about those many folk in one place...it can't be helped. and to stop it would be a violation of the constitution. it's annoying but hey this is america. folk have the right to protest--period. the shame is that so many feel the need to take to the streets on this issue. no matter the signs i'm sure they were all anti-war.

you have complained about this subject many times. recently they have been playing a video shot by System of the Down at a protest on Mtv 2. have you see this video...i think a lot of the coverage of these protest is propaganda and made to look like its not about the war. either way, i hate to say this to you but ... get use to it. folk are going to protest nothing can stop it...hope you see that video it's got a cartoon in it with bush and blair and saddam and obl riding on bombs--the tag line is "every time you drop your bombs you kill the child your god has born"--war is murder no way around that fact. even the bushies acknowledge that they can't avoid murdering the innocent no matter how hard they try.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am anti-war and would like to go to an anti-war protests. I would not however just say slander like f*uck bush. That is not right and it also does not make a good argument. If you protest about something there needs to be a good slogan that most of the protesters use. Dont form a bad opinion about all protesters because there are some in new york.

I do not believe that people should be going saying they are gay activists. I support people who are gay, but this is a protest about the war in iraq not about gay rights. Protesters need to stick to the cause. A bunch of little groups of protesters not unified is not going to do any thing. There needs to be one big protestes somewhere that will get 24/7 new coverage.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have no clue what you are complaining about Saphronia. Nobody including the original poster thinks you shouldn't be allowed to protest. But good lord isn't it ridiculous that people protesting in favor of peace are themselves resorting to violence, and infringing on other people(by civil disobedience)? And these people are being taken advantage of by communist groups who are organizing these things. It's one thing to protest, another to do the ridiculous things some protesters do(Bush is an evil child killer, uh, I believe Saddam is the child killer).

An interesting thought..even though there have been civilian and military casualties over the last few days, I bet overall there have been less deaths and killings the last few days in Iraq, than in an average day in Iraq, when Saddam probably kills more daily than this war is so far.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Shady]

dom

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh FFS people.

Someone has to organise these marches, and it tends to be the slightly more militant people that do the organisation. Therefore it's not much of a surprise that you can find them on the march.

Having said that, I was in the peace march in London yesterday, somewhere between 200-400K people, and most of us were just normal people walking along. There were some hardcore militants, there always are, but we don't have to join in with the more offensive chants.

Although, there were a lot of angry people on the march, angry that Blair can ignore the British people, but latch on to the American president. And yes, that meant not only anti-Blair, but anti-Bush protests. That's just what this policy will inspire across the entire world. Amazing that Bush can have destroyed all of the goodwill that the US gained post-9/11.

Interestingly, I saw one woman wearing a sign that said "an american against the war"... so they do exist.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Shady you just proved my point...i know no one who is anti-war and supports Saddam--both governments are being blamed for this. for the most part all the protest in the states have began and ended without violence. it's only when the crowd swells too large to contain and police try to break it up that folk have been arrested. there are so many folk out that it can't be anything other than chaos. you guys should just ingnore them like the president has decided to do.

anyways my stronger comments were direct at Djarums...who suggested that Mumia supporters should be killed. i'm not the one complaining i'm resonding to a post that has been put up over and over again by the same poster. he should get use to the protest and so should u. specially now that our folk are dying. war is murder. i think i said that already ah, well.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To begin with, thanks to the Right of Free Speech and the Right to Assemble Peacefully (Please note the PEACEFUL statement) the public obviously has the right to express disapproval for the war if that is how they feel.

My problem with the massive demonstration rallies is that they are often organized on the face as a demonstration, but with the intention of degenerating into a riot. This is not an accident or "just happens" it is often planned like that. I do not believe it to be inappropriate for the organizers of such rallies to be charged with conspiracy and incitement of riot, as that is essentially what it is intended to be from the get go.

I also find it extremely hypocritical that those who claim to be anti-war and pacifistic to embark on riots and cause massive personal injury and property damage. Also, last week there were reports from rally organizers that they were expressly planning protests to stretch law enforcement assests thin during the time that terrorist attacks are most likely after the beginning of the war (IE, so that the terrorist attacks will have maximum effect and damage). Under these circumstances, I believe it appropriate to charge the organizers with treason.

Im going to tell you how Iraq is linked to all these issues. Posted by Rascar capac

I do not see any link to these issues, and would infer that this statement is an attempt to only confuse issues. If you have any credible information to substantiate your claims, I would be interested in seeing it.

dom

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yes, we know dragonrider, the US media is doing it's very best to marginalise and smear the peace protestors.

Fact is, the big march in London yesterday had 2 arrests from the main march (out of 200 000-400 000 people) and 8 arrests later in the evening... hardly a riot when so many people are involved.

I've no doubt that it's possible that some anarchist groups will be looking for a fight, but I don't think that means you can tarnish all protestors with the same brush...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
what riots? i haven't heard of any riots in the states. post a link to a riot caused by these massive peace demostrations in the US. it's not the fault of each citizen that more folk wanna protest this thing. all the organizers can do is put out the word. they can't determine how many folk are going to show up.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
Yes, we know dragonrider, the US media is doing it's very best to marginalise and smear the peace protestors.

Oh I see now...when it comes to the protesters that's what it's called? But when it comes to the president and his lies, it's called something different hummmm...
The fact is, if we agree with something like protesting we will defend it. But when we disagree with something, war, for instance, then we botch it all up. Why can't we just see things for what they are? I will never understand why we become blind when we defend something we believe in?
I hope I'm making sense and if so, can someone please explain my last question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join