It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dr Hawass Resigned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm shocked.

Truly shocked, utterly irreplaceable artefacts and links to our ancient past are being lost and damaged and people on this forum are excited about the possibility that a chamber that may or may not exist might be found

Is this how you guys want your archaeology to be carried out? By vandals and looters?

Well Geeze - - if I was gonna feel that way - - - I'd start with the Native Americans.

Artifacts are not being lost - - they are being stolen and put on the Black Market.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm shocked.

Truly shocked, utterly irreplaceable artefacts and links to our ancient past are being lost and damaged and people on this forum are excited about the possibility that a chamber that may or may not exist might be found

Is this how you guys want your archaeology to be carried out? By vandals and looters?

Well Geeze - - if I was gonna feel that way - - - I'd start with the Native Americans.

Artifacts are not being lost - - they are being stolen and put on the Black Market.

according to this guy, the vases are being smashed and the mummies torn apart at abydos

The remains of mummies now litter the plain. 3/4 days ago 10 armed raiders entered the American mission house in Abydos and looted it. Police were frightened off by gun fire from the raiders. What the looters made off with is unknown and it is also unknown whether they gain access to the newly built restoration/storage rooms.

Any pottery within the burials is being smashed, I assume in the hope of finding gold inside. I am trying hard to get the word out so the Pen' Uni mission will send someone with the authority to order night patrols. I was actually challenged today walking back from my land, for the very first time; but that was in day light it is at night that the irreparable damage is being done!

www.egyptiandreams.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
WEll, perhaps this is why US is planning to go in and keep the peace.

It really makes me sick to see this happen afterall I am an Earthling and in being so have connections and right to each and every square inch of my planet including its history and artifacts, they belong to all of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What the excavators do when they enter sacred ground is to go in with a backhoe until they unearth evidence, then they stop all machinery and go in carefully looking for heads, or feet, and in doing so are looking for jewelry and other items sent into the afterworld with the ancient Americans. Most of the pottery and other items get broken and discarded.

I was upset for years over that issue and hated the way that the desecration's were lawfully sanctioned if you had enough money other wise you would be considered a criminal if you even trespassed on the land.

I wonder if some of these criminal desecration's are paid for and just a cover for theft? I am so saddened about this.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

i'm getting pretty fed up with this type of deflection! WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT AMERICA, we are talking about EGYPT. i dunno why you think it's okay to justify one wrong by pointing to another, but stop the deflection and look at the real issue on this thread! it isn't about native americans (although that's sad too!).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Sooorreee, thought this was a discussion not a college level paper. I found the statement I replied to interesting and it NEVER crossed my mind as deflection. Are you saying that "I" am a deflector?

The only thing I have to say about the Tombs being plundered is that it is incredibly sad and that it should not be allowed, they should be protected for ALL people not just Egyptians, but for All humanbeings of this shared planet.

Deflection my eye.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Annee

What the excavators do when they enter sacred ground is to go in with a backhoe until they unearth evidence, then they stop all machinery and go in carefully looking for heads, or feet, and in doing so are looking for jewelry and other items sent into the afterworld with the ancient Americans. Most of the pottery and other items get broken and discarded.

I am aware of that. Or at least some do that. Social/Anthropology is my hobby.

How I might feel emotionally about it - - changes nothing.

Putting out Negative Energy - - is putting out Negative Energy. I really don't need to add that to what is already occurring.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

i'm sorry. i apologize. too much reading on ATS. if a muslim murders his/her spouse, it's the fault of some guy in america in 1779. if a muslim rapes his daughter, it's the fault of old testament jews. if a muslim robs a bank, it's the fault of greedy americans. if a muslim shoots somebody, it's the fault of greedy americans. if a muslim robs a grave in egypt, it's the fault of american grave robbers. it gets old after awhile. nobody expects muslims to be perfect (least of all, not them), but egads, this isn't about islam. it's about people destroying the oldest evidence in ancient egypt, most of it circa 2900 BC or older! it's a hugely pivotal point in the history of the world, and contains some really strange artifacts, which are now being smashed and torn to bits.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No problem, it is good to see you processing what this means for you, I truly understand. It is beyond words for me even think about what this means to future scientific understanding or the end of all possible discoveries due to the actions of the insane. Honestly my first though was if ever I could stand up to protect a thing, this just may have been the thing. It needs to be protected before all is lost. I mean they would protect a politician or a food warehouse before they would these ancient artifacts? Na. Not good and nothing good will come from this, in fact it is going to cause more bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
WOOHOO

thank goodness that nazi gasbag is out, bring on the next supressor

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

yeah i posted these on another thread . they are both vases from abydos

family trees? some of them have feet. some don't. some of them look like tall reptilians. some look like greys.
weird pic!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6e77301ac273a7c4.jpg[/atsimg]

underwater scene, complete with seaweed, an underwater pyramid, and a couple of mermen??? weird pic!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/aee027514bb01531.jpg[/atsimg]

have you ever seen egyptian vases like these before? well that's because they are from abydos, and are some of the oldest pharaonic egyptian vases, naqada period.
these are the kinds of things being smashed at the moment, if the reports are true.

you won't be seeing any more of these if the robbers aren't stopped.

edit on 8-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hawass loyalists call for him to stay on

Demonstrations of Egyptian archaeologists call for Egypt's new prime minister to persuade Zahi Hawass to remain minister for antiquities

The administrative board of the Arab Archaeologists Union held an urgent meeting yesterday night to discuss measures to protect Egypt’s monuments and archaeological sites, which are being subject to waves of looting. Following the meeting board members launched a petition asking Sharaf to keep Hawass on, in order to best protect Egypt’s heritage.

I think there's another thread on ATS that talked about the mummies that were torn apart by vandals (other than what was mentioned here by undo)

No disclosure or revelations will ever come from having vandals, thieves, and looters destroy a site, or artifacts. Most of the time an artifact can only be dated in situ, remove it from the site and it's dating and history are now lost. Plus, once it enters into some unknown private collection, hidden from view, no one can study it, to match it with other relevant pieces, to build the history fragment by fragment.

For all the Nibiru fan boys out there, everything about your nephilim/annunaki was only preserved on a handful of clay tablets, Enuma Elish in was preserved on seven tablets, had those tablets been destroyed by looters or sold off into a private collection, you would have never have heard of that story, and a BIG chunk of your ancient astronaut stories are based on that. (Not to mention it shows the basis for the biblical creation epic came from Sumer.)

There might have been a thousand more stories like the Enuma Elish, that will never be known, stories that might have given us unparalleled insight into our history or that could have tied human history together. There might be a story 10X more incredible than Enuma Elish sitting in some rich creeps basement all so he could covet it. We'll never know.

At least when these pieces are held by museums, universities, and researchers they're shared with the world and some real history can be drawn from it, locked away in some private collection they may as well have never been found.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Nope but Hawass had an infuriating method... like finally letting us see the secret tunnel at the Osiron at Abydos and then leaving us hanging at the end

Same thing (the looting) of sites in Iraq has been going on since we declared war... errr started that Freedom movement. The major sites there are laced with pot holes now. Who knows what was lost...

And the amount of gold artifacts that were molten down by Sadam's cronies is even worse...

Maybe we should send in elite CIA/Black Ops teams to collect that stuff... for safe keeping

ah well that makes it all better

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm shocked.

but we aren't talking about Native Americans are we

Do you realise that most looters will destroy stuff they don't see any value in?

They'll smash objects in the hunt for gold artefacts and precious gems.

Who do you think will be doing the looting, Indiana Jones? The people doing the looting will just be grabbing stuff they see that has an obvious value, other stuff will be smashed, damaged and lost.

Does the word provenance mean anything to you? If some of the artefacts make it safely onto the black market then what? How many years will it be in a private collection and how will anyone know where it came from if its ever recovered? Yes we might be able to tell its an object from the 12th dynasty but that will be about all.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Credit: John Russell
Looters waving from Isin. the archaeological site

Below you can see the rectangular digs and the pot holes dug by scores of looters

Umm-al-Aqarib

Maybe if archaeologists weren't so darn SLOW or guys like Hawass didn't stop digs... maybe more would be preserved

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This tunnel on video reminds me of this.... :

Earth map

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Bye Bye M...F...!!!
Glad that this pirate finally leaves.
Let's hope that his successor will be less corrupted by authorities.]

S/F for this Op.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yes, Hawass should now go write books about aliens and atlantis or something.

On the bright side I am sure people would buy it up and he could rake in some $$$.

I am still open to allowing him to save his reputation, and will commend him when he decides to do so.

Edit: It is important I think, I don't really think of Hawass as a thief, but more like the guy who locks the door to the vault and doesn't wanna tell us what's locked away in there. The gatekeeper to the past.

Maybe he really doesn't know much more than we do. Who knows?
Also, wouldn't you expect him to be "protecting" some pieces due to the recent chaos surrounding fears over breaking artifacts and landmarks etc.

edit on 8-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
reply to post by zorgon

if what your implying did occur, I don't think it would be run of the mill looters/vandals. it would have to be a well knowledged group of experts, and would need a bit of time to accomplish. but I guess if there ever was an opportune time to get at that chamber, those few weeks of heavy protest were it.

I believe that too, some secret organisations are behind this in the same way others were behind Omar Suleiman's assassination attempt during protesters, mustve been some Secret agency stuff. For those artifacts, they are lots of money, any immoral collector in the world would like to have his hands on em. And if there are secrets Hawass was hiding then surely some are seeking to uncover them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

yep, people are so anxious to get rid of hawass, and the idea that egypt might be liberating itself,
they often don't notice the implications of the rest of the info.

Implication my arse. The guy was a crook. His only mission was disinformation, cover up and misleading. Saying that Hawass resignation is a bad thing for egyptian antiquities is such a childish comment. In times of unrests there is always looting. Hawass or not, this phenomena cannot be stopped by just a person. It's the people's conscience and the law enforcement that stops that from happening. I consider this to be a great news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join