It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Super (Full) Moon to Cause Chaos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Extreme Super (Full) Moon to Cause Chaos?

www.accuweather.com

Coming up later this month (March 19 to be exact) the moon will make its closest approach to Earth (called lunar perigee) in 18 years. A new or full moon at 90% or greater of its closest perigee to Earth has been named a "SuperMoon" by astrologer Richard Nolle. This term has been recently picked up by astronomers. An extreme "SuperMoon" is when the moon is full or new as well as at its 100% greater mean perigee (closest) distance to earth. By this definition, last month's full moon, this month's and next month's will all be extreme "SuperMoons".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Seems like this is an awfully strange story for such a straight-forward, black & white kind of site (Accuweather.com). Is this all part of the prep for all of the endless predictions of doom in March? Could this be a trigger (or a cover story) for something happening at the New Madrid fault, a west coast (US) volcano blow, or something going on at Yellowstone? Anyway, again it struck me weird to see this on Accuweather (and linked on Drudge) as it is something I'd expect on a more "alternative" or "speculative" website.

www.accuweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
cool
hope its a clear night
so i can take some pics

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is this going to be like the one on ET? J/k

Yeah I read that last week...seems like no big deal the last one was in 2005..we're all still here right? They happen occasionally according to that sight/

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
Is this going to be like the one on ET? J/k

Yeah I read that last week...seems like no big deal the last one was in 2005..we're all still here right? They happen occasionally according to that sight/

Well, the article also said that the 9.0 Indonesian earthquake and subsequent tsunami also occured around the time of the last one.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is probably why accuweather is covering this.

I have read several "new age" forecasts that go something like this: "Extreme SuperMoon this month (March 2011) will bring strong earthquakes and storms and/or unusual climate patterns." Google the term 'extreme SuperMoon March 2011' and see for yourself what comes up. The validity of these types of forecasts can be debated ad nauseum.

They're trying to quell the doomsayers. Whether they need quelling or not.

ETA: Did you read some of the comments after the article? Interesting.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I might be wrong but i think full moons occur when the moon is on the opposite side of the earth to the sun. Not exact opposite because it would then be eclipsed. You can see why this could cause quakes. The suns gravity pulling on the one side, and the moons gravity on the other. You say the 19th. Interesting that timewave zero starts it's next drop about then, but thats more likely to be financial woe's i think.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The current bun also ran the story, but on page 10 in a small side story

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We experience extremes of weather and tectonic activity most weeks. There's no evidence of any increase in either coinciding with previous 'super moons'. And anyway, maybe the infuence of Nibiru will balance things out and we'll have any unusally quiet week?

Edit: last month's full moon was also a super moon, and in the UK we had the least interesting February weather wise in living memory. Looks like another 2 bland months to go then!
edit on 9-3-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
well in 92 we had hurricane andrew here in miami.
Cat 5 in august.
It would be interesting to see when the moon was close in 92.
Would be one hell of a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The moon has been going round us for a very long time, and I can almost guarantee that the jerks will still be jerks, and Charlie Sheen will still be winning, and you will be able to laugh about how paranoid you were, etc...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Please add comments to existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join